THP Fantasy Football Week 6 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certain guys just don't work in certain systems and clearly he was in one of them. I'll be interested to see how he does elsewhere.

Yeah, I agree. But he has a long way to go to even be average. His last 3 games here, he was playing as much on special teams as defense. HAHA.

Yeah, I agree. But he has a long way to go to even be average. His last 3 games here, he was playing as much on special teams as defense. HAHA.

Well, hopefully this will be a good move for his young career.

I would like to see him succeed. He seems to be a really nice guy and always kept his nose clean. He just never performed on the field. His best games were in his rookie year, and he has regressed since then.

I don't know about you guys, but this is EXACTLY what I want to hear out of my #1 receiver on my fantasy team headed into this week's game.

Brandon Marshall: "That quarter-and-a-half I'm out there, I'm going to play like a monster."

I don't know about you guys, but this is EXACTLY what I want to hear out of my #1 receiver on my fantasy team headed into this week's game.

I heard that ary. He says he's going to score then throw or kick the ball into the stands and probably get booted from the game. I am sure his coach and teammates (and fantasy owners) are really happy about this!

Of course you could always point to the fact that a bum like Brandon Marshall is your #1 WR you've got a lot bigger problems. Just saying.....

I heard that ary. He says he's going to score then throw or kick the ball into the stands and probably get booted from the game. I am sure his coach and teammates (and fantasy owners) are really happy about this!

I thought it sounded more like he was going to fight someone. Brandon Marshall is a thug and a loud mouth. But thats coming from a guy who has Calvin Johnson on his home team.. That guy never talks trash.

You dropped your kickers. What is it 3-0 with your 3 kickers 0-2 since. Told you you shouldn't have messed up your team chemistry. :D :D :D
Dammit! I know now I'm stuck with a bunch of bums too. I looked for a new WR since Josh Morgan (couple of weeks ago waiver wire junk) was put on IR, there is just a big pile of garbage out there right now! I might get 2 more kickers after all.

Dammit! I know now I'm stuck with a bunch of bums too. I looked for a new WR since Josh Morgan (couple of weeks ago waiver wire junk) was put on IR, there is just a big pile of garbage out there right now! I might get 2 more kickers after all.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can come up with for our week 7 game.

I thought it sounded more like he was going to fight someone. Brandon Marshall is a thug and a loud mouth. But thats coming from a guy who has Calvin Johnson on his home team.. That guy never talks trash.

They played a clip on the radio up here... I'm sure it wasn't the full comment, but he was talking about scoring and punting the ball into the stands, and then getting booted after a quarter and a half. Pretty funny stuff. Not smart. Here is what he said:

“I don’t care if I have two, three cameras on me. I don’t care if I have penalties. It doesn’t matter; I’m going to let it all out. I don’t care what you guys write or what the commentators say. I’m just going to play football. That’s what I’m best at. I’m best when I play emotional. I’m best when I play with passion. You guys are going to see that on Monday Night Football. I don’t know if it’s throwing a football 15 yards in the bleachers, or getting a 15-yarder [penalty], or punting the ball and getting thrown out of the game. But something is going to happen. I’ll probably get kicked out after the second quarter.”

Certain guys just don't work in certain systems and clearly he was in one of them. I'll be interested to see how he does elsewhere.

Kind of like the career revival Bobby Carpenter is having in Detroit when he was completly awful for Dallas

Of course you could always point to the fact that a bum like Brandon Marshall is your #1 WR you've got a lot bigger problems. Just saying.....

Come on man, my team is 0-5, you think I don't know that my team has problems!

I'll help you out, give you Rothlesberger for Brady so you'll at least have a real starting QB. :D :D :D
I'd probably consider giving you Cutler for Big Ben....you might need to throw in a WR too though. C'mon man! :wink:

I'd probably consider giving you Cutler for Big Ben....you might need to throw in a WR too though. C'mon man! :wink:

The way the Bears are playing Offense Cutler may end up in the morgue soon. (of course that's what I was thinking about the Steelers until last week).

How about a wager using week 6 points for results since we both have starting teams this week? I win, I get to pick your team's picture for the rest of the season, you win ???

Last edited:

I hope so too. He seems like a good dude and I'd like to see him use all those tools. Sometimes coaches can't bring it out of players. I think at that level coaches role is probably a lot different but they still can make a difference.

Kind of like the career revival Bobby Carpenter is having in Detroit when he was completly awful for Dallas

Man, its that front line that Detroit has. I don't think he does that in Dallas or a bunch of other teams. That system will make anyone look good when you have the pash rush detroit creates. It starts with their tackles.

Man, its that front line that Detroit has. I don't think he does that in Dallas or a bunch of other teams. That system will make anyone look good when you have the pash rush detroit creates. It starts with their tackles.

I know bro, but he also played behind some pretty good D lines in Dallas. One of the best pass rushers in the game in Ware, and a pro bowl nose tackle in Ratliff, so it is not like he was behind some crap line. He had gotten tagged as being soft, and a guy that doesn't like contact. He seems to be shedding that image in Detroit.

I just remember that dude on Hard Knocks getting abused by the vets....they called him every name in th ebook, told him to shut up a lot, and killed him on the practice field.

I just remember that dude on Hard Knocks getting abused by the vets....they called him every name in th ebook, told him to shut up a lot, and killed him on the practice field.

I remember that too, and I remember thinking how can an NFL linebacker be such a pu$$y

I agree with what you're saying Yorkey but the lions have a great DLine. Ware is a beast but I'd take Detroits all day to help other players look good. The system fits Carpenter better.

I agree with what you're saying Yorkey but the lions have a great DLine. Ware is a beast but I'd take Detroits all day to help other players look good. The system fits Carpenter better.

AHA!!! We come full circle my friend! This is what I had originally said! hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back