One course forever

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you could only play one course for the rest of your life, what would it be? Factor in all things except cost. The people that play there. The pace of play. Location. Etc...

I'll be playing the championship course at Royal County Down within the next few months. I'm pretty sure that would be my choice (we'll see when I get there), because I haven't played anything else mind blowing. Ever.

I'venot ventrued very far from home, but...so far your course at Westchase.
Around home, Auglaize CC. Whenever I play there it just feels like home.

Links, Loads of Pot bunkers, somewhere besides North America. 5 Star Course, Top 100 in the world, few members.

That would never happen in a lifetime.

• Admin
That would mean you would have to live nearby Dent. Ready to leave Canada?

I would have to go with Sherwood. Its ten minutes from my house and its probably not too busy like Riviera. Ive never played there, but it looks cool on TV and its five minutes away from my favorite sushi spot. Plus I could play cards with other members like Wayne Gretzky and Dr. Dre.

• Admin
Of course! I Hate Winnipeg.. come down here for a week and see how you like it.

That would be UP there, and I will pass. It was 78* today and sunny.

Of course! I Hate Winnipeg.. come down here for a week and see how you like it.

You mean come up here to the cold for a week.. lol! And if i could choose i'd prob go with something in New Zealand

There are about a bazillion fancy-schmancy famous (or semi-famous) courses near me, and I hate to admit I've only played a couple of them. So it would be like throwing darts...

Claire,
You would pick a place in the north that can only be played half the year?

JB is a one man Florida Chamber of Commerce. :wink:

Actually Julie, I would choose San Diego.

Actually Julie, I would choose San Diego.

Interesting.

Josh says the courses in California take around 7-8 hours to complete. Waiting lines at each range stall. Oy.

He should try some other ones. When I was in SD, I was in heaven at some of their clubs.

I could live with playing Palmetto Dunes Fazio in Hilton Head daily.

Claire,
You would pick a place in the north that can only be played half the year?

If I have to take location into account, yes. No way are we moving the kids.

I'd take Cooks Creek here in Ohio. I could live with not playing through the winters. It's a great course and beautiful to top it off. I hope my company has their outing down there again this year. :banana:

doral is awesome but would be crowded. my dad would take me there a lot when we lived in florida. if i had to pick one course though it would be Kauri Cliffs in New Zealand where the Kiwi Challenge was played

Locally it would be Cypress Creek, great course, usually good pace, and moderate temps year round. Dream course would be the Old Course at Saint Andrews or Augusta National.

Augusta National if this is being asked with zero limitations...

augusta state is my #1 choice for college right now :banana:

Back