THP Fantasy Football Week 7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha it's an interesting trade if it does go down

Bomb_n_Gouge... still pondering the counter-offer? :act-up:

OK so now I need a RB. I've all of a sudden got 3 QB's

Interesting trade between Vick and Raped That

I said I would be willing to wheel and deal to get some RB help. Chunky was the only one who wanted to make a fair offer. I give up a little more on averages, but Mendenhall could be better than his averages, and I filled in for the bye weeks. Dez was the tough piece for me.

Your team is stacked!!! I wouldn't be looking to make any changes to that team.

Thanks for the input. We'll see how a couple of these players turn out (Battle, Tebow). It does make me a boring owner on the trade front though (up to 48 acquisitions on the W/FA market though :smile:)

I said I would be willing to wheel and deal to get some RB help. Chunky was the only one who wanted to make a fair offer. I give up a little more on averages, but Mendenhall could be better than his averages, and I filled in for the bye weeks. Dez was the tough piece for me.

What was the trade?

I finally got Dez after he was so rudely taken before me in the draft

Por que?????

Burleson (49), Mendenhall (51) and Woodhead (25) have combined for 125 points this year

Ingram (46), Ryan (78) and Bryant (55) have combined for 179. So even if you call Burleson and Bryant a wash and Ingram and Mendenhall a wash, then the trade was essentially Matt Ryan (78 pts) for Danny Woodhead (25pts)

Burleson (49), Mendenhall (51) and Woodhead (25) have combined for 125 points this year

Ingram (46), Ryan (78) and Bryant (55) have combined for 179. So even if you call Burleson and Bryant a wash and Ingram and Mendenhall a wash, then the trade was essentially Matt Ryan (78 pts) for Danny Woodhead (25pts)

Ryan was sitting on my bench as trade bait for a RB. Mendenhall missed some time with an injury. He will have a higher output than Ingram the rest of the way. Woodhead will fill my need for a 3rd RB to fill in for a bye, and has the potential to put up decent numbers. Burleson and Bryant are a wash although I like Bryant more, but that was the piece I had to give up to get Mendenhall included in the deal

If he has multiple QB's to give I dont see issues there. Ingram and Mendenhall is in no way a wash. Rashard has the advantage there and is starting to turn things around big time. Long run who would you start every week Mendenhall or Ingram? Danny Woodhead is not the Fantasy player that Ryan is but adds depth. Burleson for Bryant is pretty equal too when you take into account how often Bryant is hurt. Both teams got stronger in some areas.

Ryan was sitting on my bench as trade bait for a RB. Mendenhall missed some time with an injury. He will have a higher output than Ingram the rest of the way. Woodhead will fill my need for a 3rd RB to fill in for a bye, and has the potential to put up decent numbers. Burleson and Bryant are a wash although I like Bryant more, but that was the piece I had to give up to get Mendenhall included in the deal

I thought it was a good trade by both parties. They filled needs.Mendenhall over Ingram the rest of the year easily.

I thought it was a good trade by both parties. They filled needs.Mendenhall over Ingram the rest of the year easily.

From a pure point perspective it is lopsided. And who is to say Menden*fumblethe*ball is going to do better than Ingram. Their current point totals are pretty darn close.

I think that trade looks good.

Just read that S Janikowski might be missing 3 weeks due to hamstring (guess I won't be looking at him for Hanson's week 9 bye).

From a pure point perspective it is lopsided. And who is to say Menden*fumblethe*ball is going to do better than Ingram. Their current point totals are pretty darn close.

That's why point totals are really deceiving. You have to also look at the player. Ingram isn't the featured back in New Orleans. Darren Sproles is that man and isnt going anywhere.

TMod you are making me look bad here lol!

That's why point totals are really deceiving. You have to also look at the player. Ingram isn't the featured back in New Orleans. Darren Sproles is that man and isnt going anywhere.

Point totals arent deceiving. They are actually pretty indicative of how a guy has played. Sproles is more of a pass catching receiver. Ingram gets the goaline carries and the regular run plays. Because it is a PPR league Sproles has put up better numbers because of the catches.

TMod you are making me look bad here lol!

Lol nooooooo. I look at like this. You got a reliable qb, a WR that can put up huge games and ingram is steady from what I recall. Yorkey got a real good RB who is starting to turn it around, a good WR (Detroits offense is great) and a player to fill in the bye who is actually a part of the offense.

I think some people overrate the players sitting on the bench. They are worth 0 unless they play (except for WR or RB). (just a thought)

I think some people overrate the players sitting on the bench. They are worth 0 unless they play. (just a thought)

This! Yorkem made his starting unit stronger which is what he should be worried about. I did the same plus possible trade bait. I'm happy and I know he is also

Point totals arent deceiving. They are actually pretty indicative of how a guy has played. Sproles is more of a pass catching receiver. Ingram gets the goaline carries and the regular run plays. Because it is a PPR league Sproles has put up better numbers because of the catches.

Yeah they are but it's a circular argument where some agree and some don't. We don't have to agree. But if you're telling me Ahmad Bradshaw is going to be consistently a top 10 RB and then Arian Foster will be barely top 20... Then you're only looking at points. If you'd take Ingram over Mendenhall for the rest of the season more power to you. Clearly Yorkem wouldn't but to call it trade rape is a big stretch. Unless points are everything.

People put too much into how many points a guy has scored so far. Yes, that should be a consideration but there is so much more that goes into a trade, and like others have said it's about what is going to make your starting line up better.

Oh yeah, I was going to say, also, that TO is going to be holding auditions Tuesday for teams. (I think someone will pick him up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back