Farmergolf

Drink Milk
Reaction score
Handicap
Unknown
Just wondered which club everyone uses the least. Is it because of bad results or lack of opportunity? Mine is probably the 60* wedge mainly because the only thing I can do with it is hit it 60 yards witch I don`t seem to be at very often.

Mine is definitely my 3 wood. I like it a lot, but I just never seem to have a reason to hit it.

Mine is definitely my 3 wood. I like it a lot, but I just never seem to have a reason to hit it.

great minds think and play a lot a like... 3 wood as well. I might only use it once or twice a round and typically on a shorter par 4 or long par 5. I'd rather hit a cut with my driver than hit a full three wood.

3 or 5 wood, take your pick. Just haven't felt comfortable with them since I started playing again.

MO,
A lot of people are like that and that is why they switch to hybrids. I dont know if that will fix things but I hope you like the 3DX.

MO,
A lot of people are like that and that is why they switch to hybrids. I dont know if that will fix things but I hope you like the 3DX.

Judging from my one range session with the 3DX, it will change my game. I hopefully will be adding some more hybrids to the bag as the season gets underway.

I used to track what club I hit on every shot. It helped me to re-create an entire round for my notebook after each round.

Since I finally got hybrids though, I probably hit my 5 iron the least. I just don't have a whole lot of 170 yard shots come up, unless it's a par 3 tee box./

My 5 wood. I'd really prefer a 19* 4 wood, but PING doesn't make one in the Rhapsody series. As JB suggested, I hit hybrids better than woods.

OK, so I'll be a little different. I say my 9-iron, although my 5-iron would be a close second. When it's feasible, I try leave myself either a 6 or 7 iron or a 9 wood into the greens, as that is what I hit the best. Then, when I miss the green, I play greenside with my 8 or 10 iron or pitching wedge. I don't have to clean the 9 iron very often after a round.

For me its the 5-wood. Seems to be only once or twice a round I pull that out of the bag. That's why I'm considering replacing it with a hybrid (this will be my first foray into the world of hybrids).

You have very odd clubs Smallie....hehe

You have very odd clubs Smallie....hehe

That's because my PW is actually a 50* club. My 10-iron is what most people have for a PW (46*).
This was actually discussed at "another forum" but the admin there didn't like us talking about things like . . . golf clubs that weren't a certain brand, so it got deleted.

My grandmother had a 9 wood that she really liked.

It was a holdover from when I had my wood set (a la Jackie Gleason). It's become the club that I won't get rid of.

That's because my PW is actually a 50* club. My 10-iron is what most people have for a PW (46*).
This was actually discussed at "another forum" but the admin there didn't like us talking about things like . . . golf clubs that weren't a certain brand, so it got deleted.

You've got me all confused. A 10 iron that's really a PW, a PW that is an AW. How do you actually play those things?

Do they even make 9-woods anymore? Not that I'd be able to hit the thing anyways.

Do they even make 9-woods anymore? Not that I'd be able to hit the thing anyways.

I bet she teed off with it. I like to picture JB's Nana as an Amazon. Either way, prob a goddess on the course to enjoy that thing!

Back in the day, Pitching Wedges were 50*. Over time, they changed the lofts (well, not so much changed the lofts, but made all the clubs 1 club stronger). So what used to be a 5 iron in the '70s became a 6 iron today.

Here's a sample, although different manufacturers use different lofts:

loftw.gif

3-wood. It's only in the bag to hold my towel or if I need to make a quick, sharp left around something.

I bet she teed off with it. I like to picture JB's Nana as an Amazon. Either way, prob a goddess on the course to enjoy that thing!

My grandmother is 4'11 and weighs about 95 lbs. She will be 101 in May of this year. She played until she was 85 and loved it everyday. Last year for her 100th my father flew everybody in the entire family down to Palm Beach. Family from HI, MA, and everywhere else all came down to see it. It was amazing.

My grandmother is 4'11 and weighs about 95 lbs. She will be 101 in May of this year. She played until she was 85 and loved it everyday. Last year for her 100th my father flew everybody in the entire family down to Palm Beach. Family from HI, MA, and everywhere else all came down to see it. It was amazing.

That's awesome. Don't mean to stereotype, but is she Jewish too? They tend to live long and strong, I've noticed.

She is 100%. To think about what she has seen in her lifetime is pretty amazing. born in 1908.

One course I used to play had a finishing hole that was a steep uphill, with a greenside bunker in front. Always carried the 9 wood for that one! Even if I could have hit the green with another club, that one gave me the confidence that I could.

3-iron.
Only used to hit ball low under trees by putting ball behind back foot and completely hooding the club. Works well for that, though!

I never use my 6 iron. My 7 iron is my best club and I love choking up on my 5 iron, so I always just play around my 6.

Back