What is the most 'solid' driver you have ever hit.

Current Drivers The Taylor 2.0 . Best from 30 years ago Palmer Peerless

Current Drivers The Taylor Made 2.0 From 30 years ago The Palmer Peerless

Titliest 910 D2 is the best driver I have ever bagged. It's the most consistent driver as far as my FIR's are concerned and the distance is as good or better than all the others I have owned.

An older TM Burner (forget which year, but around 2007 I think). The thing just felt like a bomb when you hit it, much like a fairway wood, although it wasn't Superfast-like distance.

The 983k was a pretty solid feeling driver, but the Cobra 440sz still tops the list of solid feeling drivers in my book.

For me it was the original SQ Dymo squared. The thing was crazy forgiving, but loud as heck! Sounded like a baseball bat.

The 910 or the ZStar for me. There are times with both that I felt like I just destroyed the ball.

about 20 years ago - the Titleist PT. It was like a solid piece of metal attached to an extra stiff steel shaft to boot.

For me the most solid: Nickent Evolver, still have one in the garage that just ain´t for sale. Used to have two of them. Right now the TM 2.0 is pretty solid, but it doesn´t have the same "wet twack" the 4 DX has but its just as long and slightly more forgiving - for me at least.

The Sz 440 unlimited was pretty solid and very long, but the shaft was a joke. A friend of mine still games it and its a nice trip down memorylane. I wonder how it would work with a good shaft?

cally fti... it was my brothers but i killed that thing

I currently have the VR pro... and when you hit it in the middle it is a freaking rocket launcher and comes of hot!!!:D

For me it had to be the old Nike Sumo! That this just boomed of the club face! Shame about the sound though.

Titleist 975D. That thing was beastly in its day

I have a couple... 983K and 905R.. solid like the K but with a bigger "power plant". My 2.0 is no slouch.

Alex

Either the nike SQ round driver or the Titleist 910 D2. The D2's sound is obviously much nicer.

I'm not a long knocker, never have been, never will be ... but I can tell when something is SOLID ... now going back a bit, I used to play, and STILL HAVE, a 1, 3, and 5 drivers from H&B Powerbilt persimmon 'woods' ... now when you put the meat of that thing squarely behind the ball, it was SOLID .... problem is, there is only a TINY room for error :)

I have to say the PING G15. I hit the K15 straighter and have more control, but as far as feel goes- the G15 takes it for me.

Bridgestone J33R with ProLaunch Red. Best sounding driver I've ever heard and long and straight off the tee.

Srixon Z-star Driver.

TM R9, now have the superfast but can't hit it good at all.

Tap-in Talking

Ping G5 8.5*, stiff shaft, bought it used on ebay for $65. Couple years later it was time to buy a new driver, and traded the Ping in. Have not hit a proper drive since. It's been 2 years.

Callaway Great Big Bertha for me. That was one solid driver.

The one I have now, Cleveland Launcher 460Ti - 2006 or so model. Aldila Green NV stiff shaft. I have never measured it but I know it is as much as 2 1/2 - 3 inches over standard length just by the way it sets up.

Back