Do you use a glove?

I would rather not emulate them in anything other than their swing.

NEVER wear the glove when putting... oh man, I can't stand when I see people doing that

its simple, emulate what is done on tour
If someone wants to wear their glove when putting, more power to 'em. As long as they dont start preaching to you about how you dont need to take your glove off when putting, I dont see what the big deal is.

i pretty much have too cuz i sweat so much. i take it off for putting and chipping cuz it seems to me that it cuts down on feel a little bit for touchy shots. i also put it on right before a shot and take it off right after so it doesnt get too wet. in the winter though i dont go through them as quickly and up here winter gloves are common from now until end of february

There are tour pros that don't remove their gloves to putt.

I'll sometimes skip that step, esp if it's an easy putt. Too many steps to worry about with your bag and your clubs and such to sink one that's a couple inches. I'm more likely to take it off to putt but forget to put it back on...ouch!

There are tour pros that don't remove their gloves to putt.

really? what tournaments are you watching? I have never seen a PGA pro putt with a glove on (other than Tommy "two gloves")

NEVER wear the glove when putting... oh man, I can't stand when I see people doing that

its simple, emulate what is done on tour

I try to remember to take it off. Sometimes I forget. I'm not sure that it matters anyway. Actually, what my intention is, is to take it off after EVERY shot. That way I can avoid the dreaded golfer's tan where your left hand is white. I always forget to take it off then too.

Why does it bother you to see people putting with it on? And like Julie mentioned, not all pros take it off all the time either.

I try to remember to take it off. Sometimes I forget. I'm not sure that it matters anyway. Actually, what my intention is, is to take it off after EVERY shot. That way I can avoid the dreaded golfer's tan where your left hand is white. I always forget to take it off then too.

Why does it bother you to see people putting with it on? And like Julie mentioned, not all pros take it off all the time either.

there are millions of nerve endings in your hands... when it comes to something as important as putting, which feel is of the utmost importance why would you want to put a barrier between those nerve endings and your instrument

with full swings, the glove actually has a function... just due to the fact that we sweat so much and have to maintain a grip. It doesn't really BOTHER me but I'll go back to the feel element. I watch a lot of PGA tour golf, maybe not ever tournament, but I have never seen a major player use a glove when putting.

Always wear a glove, including putting. Hate not wearing a glove for golf doens't feel right.

I wear a glove, but I take it off for anything 100 yards and in. I have always done that for some reason.

I'll admit that you are right that most pros take the glove off when putting. But if this guy can do it, I'd say no one should catch heck for doing it also:

jack-nicklaus.jpg

1206035704.jpg
inil01_nicklaus.jpg

Again, I try to remember to take it off, but I guess beause I forget a lot, it's not that important to me.

small, nice one... forgot about him

but...

DSCN2828.JPG

what's the big deal of taking your glove off when you putt? Better feel for the putter?

what's the big deal of taking your glove off when you putt? Better feel for the putter?

I say its due to the feel factor... like I said in an earlier post why would you want a barrier between your nerve endings and your instrument of destruction in an act where feel is monumental.

I have never felt a difference. I tried putting without a glove. Didn't feel right.

What is this thing FEEL you speak of when putting?

You know what is funny, I tried smelling my hand today after I pulled off my glove. If they are really leather, one would think they should smell like leather. But all I usually ever smell is the rubber from my grips. Ok now back to the topic.

its something hard to describe, I just like having the grip directly in my hand... full contact I know exactly where the club head and face is it all times. I can tell you 98% off the time if the putt is falling right after impact... I'm not the greatest putter so I am used to knowing when a nice stroke is made and when I failed to release the face

What is this thing FEEL you speak of when putting?

When I putt, All I feel is embarrassed. :bashful:

I always wear a glove for full swings, try to remember to take it off around the greens.

its something hard to describe, I just like having the grip directly in my hand... full contact I know exactly where the club head and face is it all times. I can tell you 98% off the time if the putt is falling right after impact... I'm not the greatest putter so I am used to knowing when a nice stroke is made and when I failed to release the face
I know what you mean. Ive forgotten to take my glove off when putting a few times and you cant feel whether or not you hit the ball solidly when you have a glove on.
The glove deadens the feel of the putter somewhat and you dont get the same feedback.

I'm not a big fan of wearing a glove. I only wear one if I can't keep my hands or grips dry.

Back