I was going to my PT when I was 17.

Extreme cold weather had a lot to do with it, there were days I couldn't hardly walk. My mom said I looked like a grandma. Going to college and doing all that walking and busing was my last straw. I can see it happening!

But the chiropractor I saw for all those years was when I was a kid. A CHILD. Telling my mom I needed realignment. For real...that's why I think those guys are such scammers! I suspect it injures you for life and keeps you coming back!

Julie M;

You had a relatively bad experience in your opinion with a chiropractor and based on that, you write off an entire profession as 'scammers'. That is quite absurd. Every profession has good and bad but to lump all Chiropractors under the title 'scammers' based on your personal experience with ONE chiropractor is rather irresponsible IMO.

And I must reiterate that your claim that adjustments cause an injury that is then used to 'hook' people into continued treatment has NO basis in fact. It's simple scare tactics...

Adjustments causing injuries has been a major problem and has been covered by tons of news outlets.

Chiropractors rank right up there with politics and religion as far as conversations go. I was always told once you go see a chiro, you'll keep going back. Like I said before I've never been and will avoid it at all costs.

The only reason I keep going back is because the guy keeps rescheduling me before I leave. If I just called and cancelled one, I would probably stop going. I just dont have the heart to tell him in person.

That's funny Gasman.

The only reason I keep going back is because the guy keeps rescheduling me before I leave. If I just called and cancelled one, I would probably stop going. I just dont have the heart to tell him in person.

HAHAHA

I did exactly that!!

though i do feel like i need to go back cos my neck is a mess atm!
But i aint gonna...costs to much!

£25-£30 for 5 minutes is a rip off, no matter how much good it does!

JB

The news media loves to sensationalize any adverse affects associated with chiropractic. Where's the outrage that around 200,000 people die each year as result of modern medicine. Those are iatrogenic deaths, meaning caused by the healthcare practitioner. I'd say that's a major problem whereas serious injuries as a result of chiropractic adjustment are very rare, though greatly hyped. And I am in no way badmouthing modern medicine. Those folks are just short of miraculous but I use that number to keep things in perspective when talking about the safety of healthcare professions.

Don't take my word for it, look at malpractice premiums for MD's vs. DC's. DC's pay a small fraction of what MD's pay. That's based on claims... So where are all of these injuries you're talking about???

Im not going to get into this debate with you 307, however if you are going to compare someone that has gone through medical school with someone that has gone through chiro school that is your choice.

It seems like a lot of people think that chiropractors are scammers.

That's what I meant in my previous post. People that use them love them. Those that don't, for the most part, think it's a scam. Grandpa always called them quacks, absolutely refused to go see one. My grandma on the other hand went all the time.

Everyone has an opinion about chiropractors. I like the one I see now. I've had some I went to once and would never go back. There's good ones and bad ones.

Really 907? I am so sorry you have back issues already, you seem so young to be having back problems already. :sad:

16 does seem very young to have that problem.

Sixteen does seem way early. I was 29 before I went and I thought that was early!

When did you start going 907? And what did you do (or think you did) that started it?

It is young and I hate it. But my lower back always hurts if I don't go. I'm not sure what I did, but I did something. Going to the chiropractor takes that pain away for me.

It is the same in the UK. Sadly with good reason.

You used to be able to become a chiropracter with no qualifications at all....in otherwords i could decide one day to do it.

I believe this has changed, but the legacy of the problems some of these idiots caused lives on. This may or may not be the case in the USA.

I see what JB is saying i think....Doctors have to go through 5 years minimum just to practice here....chiropracters course takes 3 (the same as any other non medical course). TBH i went to the chiropracter as a last resort, after medical proffesionals couldnt sort it. And this will always be my approach.

It did help though

I may need to visit one soon... my back is full of knots

907 -

It sucks you don't know when you think it happened. I know a few people who aren't sure when it happened but most seem to know (or think they know). Mine happened golfing.

DDB -

Not sure what you mean by "knots" but if its muscles, don't bother.

With "knots" or muscles, it is much better to get relief via Muscle Activation or Sports Deep Tissue massage.

It is young and I hate it. But my lower back always hurts if I don't go. I'm not sure what I did, but I did something. Going to the chiropractor takes that pain away for me.
Perhaps you should go to a MD and have them figure out why you are in pain. Instead of going to a chiropractor for the rest of your life, perhaps there is some kind of physical therapy or surgery that could be a quick fix that would take away the pain.
Like I said, it seems like a lot of people (even those who go to chiropractors) think its a scam.

Im a pretty consistent back cracker. I do it alot...

Chiropractor or just popping your back?

My boss has been getting on me for awhile now to go see one, I think I might try it this week.

Chiropractor or just popping your back?

My boss has been getting on me for awhile now to go see one, I think I might try it this week.

Nope just sit in a chair, wrap legs around legs, grab chair and twist.

I just crack my back standing up. Twist your upper body one way, then kick the leg from that side the other way. Example: Twist your upper body right, and simultaneously kick your right leg to the left. Feels nice.

Sorry to rebump this one but I have a question.

Have an appointment Monday afternoon and everybody here at work keeps telling me I will be restricted to what I can do for several days after my first appointment. Is that true, if so this coming is going to suck since I have lots of backcountry time planned.

You'll be fine.

Back