N.Y. jet crash called 'miracle on the Hudson'

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Can you believe no one was seriously hurt? I heard about this on the radio and just knew that everyone was going to be dead in this one. What an awesome pilot.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28678669/?GT1=43001

I was terrified when I saw it on the news, my fiance had called me only half an hour before to say she was boarding her flight and being the paranoid law enforcement guy that I am, I assumed the worst. Thankfully she is in my bed safe, and thankfully everyone on that plane was safe as well.

Glad she was on a different flight.

It's a true miracle that the pilot was able to set the plane down so gently, that the most severe injury to anyone was a broken leg. 155 souls aboard, all accounted for. There are a lot of families who are truly thankful after a stressful day.

Airline crashes really kind of freak me out. My wife was a flight attendant, until I asked her to quit her job on 9/11. She had flown out of New York that morning, and looked at the towers out the window about 15 minutes before the first plane hit. I had asked her to marry me exactly one week earlier.

A very scary situation. Something I found funny though was these people just escaped death, got out of 40* water into and an air temp of 20* and tv reporters want to interview them standing outside while they shake and shiver. Could they not go into a near by building to help warm them up and do the interviews?

Bogey -

That's part of the reason I got out of journalism. I didn't have the mentality needed to do it (plus I am not exactly liberal enough!). It was actually my original major when I went to college.

But your an accomplished poster at THP Smallie. That counts for something.

I watched that on the news. That could have easily been a very, very bad crash. I cant believe that they didnt get those people inside right away though. Being soaking wet at those temps is a real good way to get hypothermia and it doesnt take long at all for someone to go into shock and die.

But your an accomplished poster at THP Smallie. That counts for something.

The kicker for me was the Dean of the Journalism school. The most boring man I ever met! I had a 10:30 class (Tuesday-Thursday and the first class of the day) with him that I could not stay awake in. ANd I wasn't tired, he bored me to sleep. I decided I couldn't handle that since I would have him for a LOT of classes if I stayed in journalism!

I watched that on the news. That could have easily been a very, very bad crash. I cant believe that they didnt get those people inside right away though. Being soaking wet at those temps is a real good way to get hypothermia and it doesnt take long at all for someone to go into shock and die.

That's kind of what I was thinking.

That's kind of what I was thinking.
I can understand that they would want to keep all the passengers together to make sure everyone got out of the plane and was accounted for, but they should have taken them inside to get warm and dry.

Airline crashes really kind of freak me out. My wife was a flight attendant, until I asked her to quit her job on 9/11. She had flown out of New York that morning, and looked at the towers out the window about 15 minutes before the first plane hit. I had asked her to marry me exactly one week earlier.

Gummi! That is a really, really sweet story.

Bank of America and Wells Fargo said they had employees on the plane. Charlotte is a major banking center.
I DO want to know what this has to do with anything! A beg to get their private jets back? Asking for applause?

Gummi! That is a really, really sweet story.

I DO want to know what this has to do with anything! A beg to get their private jets back? Asking for applause?

Thank you.

Here's the deal with the BOA and WF employees...

There were over 20 BOA employees on that flight. My F-I-L is a senior VP for BOA, and last night was really, really upset about the crash. He knew almost all of them very well from having worked with them for so many years. It wasn't just one or two folks from the company on that flight.

They're not looking for anything, they're just relieved that everyone's OK, and it would have been a crippling loss to the company to lose that many good people; both morally and physically.

Thank you.

Here's the deal with the BOA and WF employees...

There were over 20 BOA employees on that flight. My F-I-L is a senior VP for BOA, and last night was really, really upset about the crash. He knew almost all of them very well from having worked with them for so many years. It wasn't just one or two folks from the company on that flight.

They're not looking for anything, they're just relieved that everyone's OK, and it would have been a crippling loss to the company to lose that many good people; both morally and physically.

Wow. I always thought they booked seperate flights so things like this didn't happen (i.e. Marshall's football team). I don't mean 20 different flights but 2 or 3.

Apparently it was a big meeting or conference that they were all heading to. I didn't pry.

Mmmmm...well they did get another 20 billion from the feds today :bulgy-eyes: Maybe they could pay off my measly 600,000 mortgage I have with them? lol

obama must be really pissed at this sullenberger for stealing his show

Back