Adams Launches New Drivers

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Leading a fundamental change in the modern theory of golf club design, Adams Golf introduces a groundbreaking lineup of products: Speedline Drivers and Hybrid-Fairway Woods. The drivers are designed to create less drag and airflow turbulence, thereby increasing clubhead speed and distance. The hybrid-fairway woods continue to redefine the fairway wood category by combining the playability of a hybrid with the distance of a fairway wood.

Speedline Drivers:
The aerodynamic shaping of the Speedline drivers creates less drag and airflow turbulence, resulting in an impressive three to four M.P.H. faster clubhead speed and three to nine yards more distance. Backed by data from the Oran W. Nicks Low Speed Wind Tunnel at Texas A&M University and in consultation with aero-physicists, Adams Golf engineers created a patent pending design for Speedline that includes an aero-shaped crown, heel and toe scoops, and improved face-to-body transition, all of which minimize drag and improve airflow around the head. Further Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) testing proved that the advanced Speedline driver design performed with attached and efficient air pressure on the body, thereby increasing club head speed. This revolutionary technology is forecasted to have the same game-changing effect on the industry as high-COR drivers.

"We saw an opportunity when the extreme geometry drivers continually tested with higher drag and lower clubhead speed," said Scott Burnett, Director of Advanced Product Development. "By changing the aerodynamic properties of the face and crown in order to keep the airflow attached, we were able to deliver a significant distance advantage for the average player and tour pro alike."

The Speedline Driver garnered its first win in October with Adams Golf Tour Staff Pro and 2008 Champions Tour Player of the Year Bernhard Langer at the Administaff Small Business Classic in The Woodlands, Texas. The Speedline Driver's success continued in November when it was in the hands of the winner of the Champions Tour Charles Schwab Cup Championship in Sonoma, Calif. and the LPGA's winner of the Hana Bank KOLON Championship in Korea.

Speedline Hybrid-Fairway Woods:
The Speedline Hybrid-Fairway Woods feature the playability of a hybrid and the distance of a fairway wood. By utilizing internal heel-toe weighting and advanced Boxer Technologyâ„¢, these forgiving hybrid-fairway woods offer MOI that is 12% higher than conventional fairway woods. With a 15% lower center of gravity, they deliver higher launch and better feel compared to standard fairway woods, meaning more distance is now a reality for most players. The increased sole camber from heel to toe also makes the Speedline Hybrid-Fairway Woods easy to hit from the fairway and from a variety of lies. Two of the top-20 in the World Ranking have already adopted the Speedline Hybrid-Fairway Wood in competition, putting them in play at the season-ending Tour Championship.

"We've consistently seen tour pros switching from traditional fairway woods to our hybrid-fairway woods because of the dependable performance and playability similar to their hybrids. If a player likes hybrids then they will love these fairway wood replacement clubs," says Tim Reed, Vice President of Research and Development.

Models, Pricing and Shipping:
Speedline will ship to golf shops in early February and are available in two versions, Standard and Draw. All models feature the high performance Graffalloy ProLaunch Axis shafts with SmartPly Technology. The suggested retail price for the Speedline and Speedline Draw Drivers is $399.99. The suggested retail price for the Speedline and Speedline Draw Hybrid-Fairway Woods is $229.99.
Available lofts are as follows:

Speedline Driver: 8.5°, 9.5° and 10.5° lofts in right-handed
9.5° and 10.5° lofts for left-handed
Speedline Draw Driver: 9.5°, 10.5°, 12.5° and HL lofts for right-handed
10.5° and HL lofts for left-handed

Speedline Hybrid-Fairway Wood: 3+, 3 and 5 for right-handed
3 and 5 for left-handed
Speedline Draw Hybrid-Fairway Wood: 3, 5 and 7 for right-handed
3 and 5 for left-handed

So the big question is - will they be sending you some to test? :call-me:

• Admin
Hopefully. We just reviewed the Nicklaus Fastback driver on the front page and hope to have these coming soon.

i am in love with the Adams A4 driver. that driver is just awesome. but, im not buying anymore clubs until i get a new putter

• Admin
I think you should have THP put on your new putter RS...hehe

I think you should have THP put on your new putter RS...hehe

I'm already brainstorming ideas for mine and I definitely want a "THP" stamp somewhere, maybe o the face or hosel. I'm interested in the Adams speedline, I'm just concerned about how it will do in the market. It has a pretty low MOI compared to other offerings this season.

I'm already brainstorming ideas for mine and I definitely want a "THP" stamp somewhere, maybe o the face or hosel. I'm interested in the Adams speedline, I'm just concerned about how it will do in the market. It has a pretty low MOI compared to other offerings this season.

what is MOI?

what is MOI?

Moment of Inertia: The resistance to twisting that a clubhead displays at the moment it strikes the ball. A clubhead with a higher moment of inertia will twist less and offer more forgiveness on off-center hits.

I thInk I'm correct?

Moment of Inertia: The resistance to twisting that a clubhead displays at the moment it strikes the ball. A clubhead with a higher moment of inertia will twist less and offer more forgiveness on off-center hits.

I thInk I'm correct?

Yeah dent that's the basics, it's the clubs ability to resist twisting through the swing and impact. Here it is; http://golf.about.com/od/faqs/f/moi.htm .....I think 5900 is the USGA limit? It's the "Catchphrase" in golf equipment marketing these days, but the term itself has solid physics behind it.

Reactions: JB
Well said AJ. It is the catchphrase of the moment.

Back