Staff, Cart, or Stand Bag

I've had a Nike Extreme Sport (or something like that) stand bag for the past few years. I really liked it and the straps were super comfortable. However, I think maybe I was a little rough with it because the back "spine" punched a hole through the base so the top of the bag would just droop (and make it even more worthless on the back of a golf cart).

So, I finally picked up a new Ping Latitude a few weeks back. I really like the looks and the pockets on the bag. However, I'm not sure how well I'll like the straps. I haven't been able to adjust them to a point where they are as comfortable as the Nike straps. Also, the full length dividers on the bottom side of the bag seem to collapse when the legs are deployed due to the stand mechanism (this makes it harder to remove clubs from the bag when the legs are deployed). However, until I get out and use it a bit, I won't know whether I regret the purchase (versus buying another bag).

I've had a Nike Extreme Sport (or something like that) stand bag for the past few years. I really liked it and the straps were super comfortable. However, I think maybe I was a little rough with it because the back "spine" punched a hole through the base so the top of the bag would just droop (and make it even more worthless on the back of a golf cart).

So, I finally picked up a new Ping Latitude a few weeks back. I really like the looks and the pockets on the bag. However, I'm not sure how well I'll like the straps. I haven't been able to adjust them to a point where they are as comfortable as the Nike straps. Also, the full length dividers on the bottom side of the bag seem to collapse when the legs are deployed due to the stand mechanism (this makes it harder to remove clubs from the bag when the legs are deployed). However, until I get out and use it a bit, I won't know whether I regret the purchase (versus buying another bag).

Can't you just take the straps from the Nike bag and put them on the new Ping bag?

a few things i really like about the Grom bag i have are the zipperless ball pocket, the 3 ball holder on the outside of the bag, tee holders on the outside of the bag, the bungee cord towel holder, the separate putter well, and the strap that you can strap to the back of the golf cart when you are riding so the bag doesnt move from side to side when its strapped in

a few things i really like about the Grom bag i have are the zipperless ball pocket, the 3 ball holder on the outside of the bag, tee holders on the outside of the bag, the bungee cord towel holder, the separate putter well, and the strap that you can strap to the back of the golf cart when you are riding so the bag doesnt move from side to side when its strapped in

Don't forget the bottle holder that is made so when its on your back you can grab it easily reaching around!

Can't you just take the straps from the Nike bag and put them on the new Ping bag?

I didn't check real closely, but the Ping Latitude (and Hoofer Vantage too, I think), have a retracting main strap that I don't think allows for switching out the straps. The reason for the retracting strap is so you can easily identify and easily grab the main strap. I think it's gimmicky, but not the reason I chose the bag.

I think I'm going to end up being fine with it. However, it's kind of the old "don't fix what isn't broken" thing. I probably should have just stuck with Nike (although their re-design of my bag I changed pockets and looked to have cheaper materials).

I used to have a Nike Extreme, but found it too bulky. I found a good deal on a Club Glove Modular stand bag that you can add or take away the pockets as you don't need them, and up to know it's been holding up pretty good. I plan on switching over to a cart bag it'll go better with the new push cart I just got for christmas.

I used to have a Nike Extreme, but found it too bulky.

Really? I guess I never felt like it was too bulky. Of course, I carry a bunch of stuff in my bag and like having additional pockets to keep everything organized. I think the one thing that I didn't like about the bag was that it did not like being put into the back of a golf cart.

I've got a Nike Extreme Sport II bag now, but I'd really like one of the Nike Tour Stand bags. I can also see some sort of cart bag in my future. Right now I'm about 50/50 walk/ride. What I'm afraid of is that if I had two bags, I might end up with two bags worth of clubs.

Anyone notice my new siggy?? :alien2::banana:

I picked up my new bag last night at Golfsmith. I got the Red Warbird Hot stand bag. I was looking at them on line and they were $90. I went to the store and they had them for $130. I walked out with my bag, a club cleaner, and a dozen new Warbird Plus balls for $122. They gave me the internet price for the bag. Now if my new clubs would just get here to take their proper place in the bag.

Anyone notice my new siggy?? :alien2::banana:

I picked up my new bag last night at Golfsmith. I got the Red Warbird Hot stand bag. I was looking at them on line and they were $90. I went to the store and they had them for $130. I walked out with my bag, a club cleaner, and a dozen new Warbird Plus balls for $122. They gave me the internet price for the bag. Now if my new clubs would just get here to take their proper place in the bag.

ahh nice bogey! congrats... glad the bag worked out for yah and the fact that they matched internet prices!

ahh nice bogey! congrats... glad the bag worked out for yah and the fact that they matched internet prices!

Yep. I went in knowing what I wanted. I'm glad they had it in the red like I wanted. So I went straight to the bags and started pulling them out and looking around. A salesman came over and I asked him if it was on sale like on the internet. He checked it and said it was. I'm guessing he just said that and was going to give me the internet price. I went to check out and the guy told me the total was $160 and I asked how much the bag was. He said $130 and I said online it's $90 so he gave it to me. I was happy. So now I've got $2.50 left on my gift card. I wonder if there's anything there I can use it on.

I have two bags. A ping hoofer 2 and a Sun Mountain DLX cart bag. The hoofer is for the winter months. Both fit great on the speed cart.

I have four bags...

Ping Hoofer (currently on ebay)
Ben Hogan Mystique Stand Bag (currently on ebay) - this was a gift for my brother and he ended up never using it.
Sun Mountain Mini (nice and light but tears up my grips which sucks and pisses me off) This bag was given to me by a member at The Country Club as a gift after I looped for him on a hot August day. It looks sweet but just isn't very functional.
Ben Hogan Staff Bag - A Christmas Present to myself when I had no idea about anything in golf... ordered it online for like 80 bucks and almost died when it came. Lugged that thing around for the first few months that I played.

I need a new bag... who knows what I will pick up before the season starts

right now i have 3 bags:
1. Ogio Grom Stand Bag
2. Titleist Staff Bag
3. Precept Staff Bag
i'd really like a Sun Mountain MPB Stand Bag and/or a really nice cart bag too

both my bags (the ben hogan and the Ping Hoofer) are up on ebay... hopefully they'll sell well... and nowhere near the west coast (which will run roughly 47 dollars in shipping, damn you UPS!)

both my bags (the ben hogan and the Ping Hoofer) are up on ebay... hopefully they'll sell well... and nowhere near the west coast (which will run roughly 47 dollars in shipping, damn you UPS!)

oh man, thats what i hate. when i sell something that is pretty large in size, and then i see that the buyer is in California (im in Florida). seems like it happens a lot too. i just sold a football display case (about 14"x12"x10") and to send it Priority it was going to cost me $33, YIKES! so unfortunately, i had to send it USPS ground (7-9 days) for $13 (i only charged them $10 for shipping).
i dont like to use UPS or Fedex because they are sooo rough with packages. In 7 years of selling on Ebay, Ive never had a problem with USPS, so I would rather pay a little more for a larger package to get there in one piece than to save a little $$$ by sending it UPS and having it break.
although DD, when i sell a golf bag, i always do use UPS because i can ship one of those across the country for around $22. thats the ONLY time i will use UPS (to ship a golf bag)

oh man, thats what i hate. when i sell something that is pretty large in size, and then i see that the buyer is in California (im in Florida). seems like it happens a lot too. i just sold a football display case (about 14"x12"x10") and to send it Priority it was going to cost me $33, YIKES! so unfortunately, i had to send it USPS ground (7-9 days) for $13 (i only charged them $10 for shipping).
i dont like to use UPS or Fedex because they are sooo rough with packages. In 7 years of selling on Ebay, Ive never had a problem with USPS, so I would rather pay a little more for a larger package to get there in one piece than to save a little $$$ by sending it UPS and having it break.
although DD, when i sell a golf bag, i always do use UPS because i can ship one of those across the country for around $22. thats the ONLY time i will use UPS (to ship a golf bag)

I was quoted for 47 or whatever I said before from UPS, the brown guys haha.

I guess they charge you on the box dimensions rather than the actual weight. The box alone will cost 12 bucks, I charged 20 for shipping on the bay.

I was quoted for 47 or whatever I said before from UPS, the brown guys haha.

I guess they charge you on the box dimensions rather than the actual weight. The box alone will cost 12 bucks, I charged 20 for shipping on the bay.

oh, did you go to a UPS Store to get the quote? because they will rape you if you do that. i do it off of PayPal Shipping. Plus, if you saw that post of all the boxes i had, i also saved money by not having to buy a box, heh

also, UPS overcharges for boxes too (i have over 2500 sales so Ive done my homework when it comes to shipping stuff, lol). you can get better deals at Office Supply stores and Moving/Storage facilities. usually more than HALF of what UPS charges for the same size box

yeah... I went to ups store. Should I reconsider this for all of my future transactions? I am not sure what is the best method out there. FedEx / UPS / DHL / USPS

yeah... I went to ups store. Should I reconsider this for all of my future transactions? I am not sure what is the best method out there. FedEx / UPS / DHL / USPS

absolutely! have you ever used PayPal Shipping before? it is SOOOOO easy to do. and it will save you A TON of $$$ too. DO NOT go to the UPS store

absolutely! have you ever used PayPal Shipping before? it is SOOOOO easy to do. and it will save you A TON of $$$ too. DO NOT go to the UPS store

no, I have never used PayPal shipping. I have most of my own boxes (thanks JB!) but I have always charged 15 to ship a club on ebay and it tends to be around 10-12 to ship at the UPS Store.

here is how i ship things:
a large package that isnt very fragile (UPS)
a large package that IS fragile (USPS or UPS with INSURANCE)
smaller packages (USPS)

to ship large packages (gold bags), always use UPS, but dont go thru the store. they rape you. use your paypal shipping. i recently shipped a 10" Srixon Staff Bag to Washington state (Im in florida) for $25 via UPS thru PayPal shipping

no, I have never used PayPal shipping. I have most of my own boxes (thanks JB!) but I have always charged 15 to ship a club on ebay and it tends to be around 10-12 to ship at the UPS Store.

it costs me around $6 to send a club via USPS with paypal shipping

now to find the boxes...

wait, so you just print a label out and drop it off at a local ups depot? Or can you actually drop it off at a ups store?

Back