scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
Came home with a used Scotty Red X and a new Rife Barbados. The Rife feels really good.
No pics:D

Well,
Two days have passed, you were due.

I'm jealous, I want a new putter!

I kept going back to the Rife after a few weeks, so got a package dealio.
Need something to collect don't I? Almost walked out with a new PIng 35th anni as well.
I'm not a mallet guy, but lately been digging them.
907, I see you play the Red X!

The Red X is liked by many but most reviews on it were not great. SC seems to have trouble with mallets. Glad you like it Scooter. Im surprised you did not go with a personalized putter.

I will, I keep getting ideas on the Sunset's, sometime, sometime...

I hope you have better luck with your Red-X than I did. I bought one on Ebay last year, played with it for about 3 weeks, didnt like it and ended up selling it on Ebay (got what I paid for it though).
I just couldnt putt with the darned thing. I couldnt seem to aim my putts or judge the speed correctly.
I normally play with a blade style putter and Im a pretty decent putter (anything within 10' goes in the hole 9 times out of 10), but I cant seem to putt with a mallet.

Wow,
Anything within 10 feet goes in 9 out of 10 times? Those are Tiger Woods stats. Very impressive.

im praying he meant 10 inches. just praying. haha if i could make 9 out of 10 from like 5 or 6 feet i would be ecstatic. if i was as good a putter as 9 out of 10 from 10 feet then my handicap would be like +2 haha

Wow,
Anything within 10 feet goes in 9 out of 10 times? Those are Tiger Woods stats. Very impressive.

Yeah, I`m not sure I make 9 out of 10 two footers.

Wow,

no kidding. id be happy if i made 9 out of 10 from 2 feet

Wow,
Its not difficult when you practice putting for 30 minutes every day. I wouldnt call that all that impressive though. Anything within 10' should pretty much be automatic for anyone who is a halfway decent putter.
Keep in mind too that the greens here in Wisconsin are pretty slow, which makes putting easier.

Bakemono,
The best putters on the planet do not even come close to those stats. Here are the 2006 stats from the PGA Tour that were sent to me.

Distance Percent Made
2-foot putts 99%
3-foot putts 91%
4-foot putts 81%
5-foot putts 70%
6-foot putts 62%
7-foot putts 54%
8-foot putts 47%
9-foot putts 43%
10-14 foot putts 31%
15-19 foot putts 19%
20-24 foot putts 14%
25-foot & greater 6%
Source: PGA Tour 2006 Statistics

Yeah, but you gotta remember that Im not putting on PGA Tour greens. Im sure the greens those guys putt on are much faster and are much harder to read than the greens I play on.
Id say that Im probably a better than average putter, but I dont consider my putting to be anything spectacular.

9 out of 10, ten foot putts is freaking spectacular. No matter who you are or what course you are playing on.

Bakemono,
Im in no way doubting you. Just telling you that it is freaking amazing. I wish I could putt like that.

Well, thanks. I guess my skill with the putter makes up for my lack of skill with the driver. LOL

Bakemono,
Im in no way doubting you. Just telling you that it is freaking amazing. I wish I could putt like that.

me too! and im carrying a 5.1 hcp right now :angry:

Thanks, guys. JB, I didnt think that you were doubting me. I think you all know me well enough to know that Im not the kind of person who sits on the computer and brags about how great I am at golf.
For the most part, I suck at golf (but I am getting better...LOL) but putting has always been the strongest part of my game.

"Love is in the air, everywhere..."

"Love is in the air, everywhere..."

2189568405_c1003315b0.jpg

No kidding. Where da pictures is???

Back