Callaway Jaws CC Wedges

Another difference, not neccessarily design or performance related, is that the 2012 Jaws will not have a 54*. From the 2012 Callaway catalog I saw the Jaws will go from 52 to 56. The new forged wedges do have a 54* as I recall

I bought the Jaws 54* this year once I saw that they were not offering it for next year.

No 54*??? That is a pretty popular loft is it not?

No 54*??? That is a pretty popular loft is it not?

It can be... I use one. But that's because of the make-up of the iron set in use. I'm going either Razr X or X Tour and the AW is 50*. It's why I go 54* and 58* after that.

Alex

If anybody is looking at getting these, gppgolf.com has them for $59.99 each right now. That is one heck of a deal for a great wedge.

Wow that's a great deal!

Ordered the 52.10 and the 58.08 from gppgolf.com, going to a 2 wedge setup hoping to avoid confusion on what club to choose and get more creative when I get close(er).

Ordered the 52.10 and the 58.08 from gppgolf.com, going to a 2 wedge setup hoping to avoid confusion on what club to choose and get more creative when I get close(er).

Good purchase. You will love them.

If anybody is looking at getting these, gppgolf.com has them for $59.99 each right now. That is one heck of a deal for a great wedge.

Thanks for the heads up. I used the coupon code on the site and got an additional discount. I already have a set and love them but could not pass this up. I guess now I have my wedge set up for a very long time.

Just got home from shopping stateside. While there I went to the dome and took my Jaws into the bunker facility. Love these wedges. Great out of the sand.. and they are just real lovely wedges.

Alex

Yeah, I am really looking forward to them. I just hope I made the right decision in re: to loft and bounce options... My iron lofts are very strong and just don't have room for 3 extra wedges.

I looked at these today again. I am sold. I want these in my bag.

I looked at these today again. I am sold. I want these in my bag.

I can tell you that even though it's early on in my experience with Jaws... you couldn't go wrong by doing so. They seem better than anything else I've used out of the sand for me.

Alex

I really like the finish on these.

I have the 52, 56, 60, and 64 in the chrome finish. Great wedges imho. You need to brush the groves every so often since they'll fill with bits and scraps of your ball, but I think the feel and control are great.

I've been using these a lot as I have really been trying to put in some wedge work... I think I'm falling in love again. My only issue is the S300 shaft with the wedge. Just doesnt fit well for me. I really need to throw a spinner shaft in there and get to work.

I've been using these a lot as I have really been trying to put in some wedge work... I think I'm falling in love again. My only issue is the S300 shaft with the wedge. Just doesnt fit well for me. I really need to throw a spinner shaft in there and get to work.

changing shafts made me like these a little more, but overall I still preferred many other wedges over these.

changing shafts made me like these a little more, but overall I still preferred many other wedges over these.

I can see that for a lot of people. For me the shape of the head just leads to confidence especially on full and 3/4 shots right now. You went with KBS? I thought about swapping a KBS shaft into the JAWS. I like the spin of the CC better than the previous version. It spins less and I can get my shots closer lol.

I can see that for a lot of people. For me the shape of the head just leads to confidence especially on full and 3/4 shots right now. You went with KBS? I thought about swapping a KBS shaft into the JAWS. I like the spin of the CC better than the previous version. It spins less and I can get my shots closer lol.

Yes I went with the KBS HiRev shaft. It did make it feel better, but ultimately they weren't for me.
I am interested though in trying their new line of wedges coming out next year.

Yes I went with the KBS HiRev shaft. It did make it feel better, but ultimately they weren't for me.
I am interested though in trying their new line of wedges coming out next year.

They do look sweet!

Saw the slate at the store again today, it just looks so nice but something tells me the new forged wedges will perform better. Just seems like too many people dont like the shaft on the jaws

Love these wedges... and now they have a little more character. Noticed this today as it just recently developed... literally.

FloridainFeb030.jpg

For those MC guys luckily selected for Callaway... if you really donèt care for rusting maybe consider chrome.

Alex

I had the slate ones for the last MC. Loved the way they looked when the rust kicked in. Alas they were not my favorite wedges. I'm hoping this years offering is better.

I had to retire my JAWS wedges. With the S300 shafts in them, they just weren't working like I hoped around the green. I really tried. I love the headshape and the rust look but until I reshaft they have been put to rest for now. I may reshaft in the future but i'm focusing on getting used to the more traditional shape for the upcoming MC. It's been a good run.

Love these wedges... and now they have a little more character. Noticed this today as it just recently developed... literally.

FloridainFeb030.jpg

For those MC guys luckily selected for Callaway... if you really donèt care for rusting maybe consider chrome.

Alex

That's why I went for the new Forged Chrome!

I had to retire my JAWS wedges. With the S300 shafts in them, they just weren't working like I hoped around the green. I really tried. I love the headshape and the rust look but until I reshaft they have been put to rest for now. I may reshaft in the future but i'm focusing on getting used to the more traditional shape for the upcoming MC. It's been a good run.

Once you get those J40 wedges in the bag you'll never want to go back to these buddy.

Once you get those J40 wedges in the bag you'll never want to go back to these buddy.

It's gonna be a good battle! I really think the JAWS could be lethal for more people with a better stock shaft. I can't for the life of figure out why S300 is stock. Its better than the original stock JAWS (the non conforming) but it just doesnt make sense.

Back