Callaway Jaws CC Wedges

These are the initial thoughts/concerns I have as well. After having DG Spinners and KBS Hi-Rev shafts in my last wedge configs it's going to be a big difference. I have a friend who has Spinners in his Jaws and every shot of his stops on a dime or comes back a bit and he's not a big spinner of the ball either.

It's gonna be a good battle! I really think the JAWS could be lethal for more people with a better stock shaft. I can't for the life of figure out why S300 is stock. Its better than the original stock JAWS (the non conforming) but it just doesnt make sense.

It's gonna be a good battle! I really think the JAWS could be lethal for more people with a better stock shaft. I can't for the life of figure out why S300 is stock. Its better than the original stock JAWS (the non conforming) but it just doesnt make sense.

I mean I threw some KBS HiRev's in mine and I still didn't care all that much for them. They did feel better than they did with the s300, but still not for me. Too bad, because they look awesome all slate and rusted.

These are the initial thoughts/concerns I have as well. After having DG Spinners and KBS Hi-Rev shafts in my last wedge configs it's going to be a big difference. I have a friend who has Spinners in his Jaws and every shot of his stops on a dime or comes back a bit and he's not a big spinner of the ball either.

Yeah dude, the S300 is junk for these heads imo. I had the Spinners in my non conforming JAWS and it was a bit too much at times. I still have the 50* (non CC) with a spinner and its stops faster than the 56* with the S300. If you go with these I'd definitely recommend a shaft change.

I mean I threw some KBS HiRev's in mine and I still didn't care all that much for them. They did feel better than they did with the s300, but still not for me. Too bad, because they look awesome all slate and rusted.

They do look awesome Deano. Just have such a soft spot for these and I want them to work so bad.

strong statement there buddy. I'd love to switch shafts but Cally rules for the MC say otherwise

Yeah dude, the S300 is junk for these heads imo. I had the Spinners in my non conforming JAWS and it was a bit too much at times. I still have the 50* (non CC) with a spinner and its stops faster than the 56* with the S300. If you go with these I'd definitely recommend a shaft change.

They do look awesome Deano. Just have such a soft spot for these and I want them to work so bad.

strong statement there buddy. I'd love to switch shafts but Cally rules for the MC say otherwise

I have fallen in love with the Spinners. It doesn't bother me though that the S300 is the shaft we have to take. Played that shaft for decades with no ill effects. Anyone see On the Range last night? Gainey was using the new Forged wedges in copper. Looked sick!

Yeah man, I'd love to say otherwise. But I will say this, on full swings... the S300 is a great shaft. It's actually a distance I try and play to with my 56* (which I bent to 55*). The 1/2 shots and below is where it gets frustrating because I can't get it to stop when I need it too. There are times where there isnt much green to work with even if Im playing it safe. Maybe others might have more success with it though.

saw that and they do look great.

I have fallen in love with the Spinners. It doesn't bother me though that the S300 is the shaft we have to take. Played that shaft for decades with no ill effects. Anyone see On the Range last night? Gainey was using the new Forged wedges in copper. Looked sick!

i like my slate jaws wedges, but as others mentioned the stock S300's aren't enough for me. yes they stop but i really have to make an effort to get any kind of spin back on these, at least with the 50. will be moving to DG spinners in both Wedge and Wedge+ for my 50, 54, and 58.

^^^^THIS^^^^

I also really like my 52 and 58, but don't much care for the shafts and the stock grips are just bad IMO. If I don't end up getting some other wedges, i'll definitely re-shaft and re-grip them.

I agree the S300 shaft in these stock is turd. Terrible combo.

I agree the S300 shaft in these stock is turd. Terrible combo.

Especially with "wedge" shafts out there. Quite baffling. I think Phil even uses a PX in his. I could be wrong.

Especially with "wedge" shafts out there. Quite baffling. I think Phil even uses a PX in his. I could be wrong.

Yeah its rather mind bottling to have an S300 shaft in a wedge. Not really sure what the thinking is there.

Mind bottling even.

I've had mine only a short period of time but so far I am loving the M75 tour graphites in them.

Not sure if you guys would consider them but it's another stock option over the S300.

Yeah its rather mind bottling to have an S300 shaft in a wedge. Not really sure what the thinking is there.

Maybe its cost?

Why? You have to play the stock models?

I've had mine only a short period of time but so far I am loving the M75 tour graphites in them.

Not sure if you guys would consider them but it's another stock option over the S300.

I think One-T got the graphite shaft in his wedges last MC

Back