JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Predictions? Thoughts on the low scores today? Pat Perez was one that went low. Good to see.

I'm hoping to see Bubba redeem himself after his poor performance at the FedEx. He said he was going to work on his short game, hopefully it pays off.

Mike Weir's looking good too.

[Gummi goes on a rant]
What in the name of all things green is up with Brian Day, and his Poulter wannabe look this season?!?!?!?! What a putz. He needs to find his own niche, not copy someone else.
[/rant]

• Admin
Do you mean Brian Gay?

Looks like Fred Couples is playing well. Id like to see him win.

Yeah, that guy...

The hole in one from the bounce in the rough was pretty awesome, that's some kind of ridiculous luck.

The comment about Boo when they showed that mountain goat was pretty funny though (yeah, that one was a SUPER trophy)

[Gummi goes on a rant]
What in the name of all things green is up with Brian Day, and his Poulter wannabe look this season?!?!?!?! What a putz. He needs to find his own niche, not copy someone else.
[/rant]

I personally like his style... Mizuno in the bag and Sub Seventy on his back.

I am not sure how I feel about the amateurs playing during the tournament...

I am not sure how I feel about the amateurs playing during the tournament...

Aren't they paired with a pro like the one at Pebble Beach? Why don't you like it DDB?

Aren't they paired with a pro like the one at Pebble Beach? Why don't you like it DDB?

If I am a pro... I certainly would not want someone hacking it up next to me. It could potentially throw someone off, hence why the field isn't exactly the strongest on tour.

It's played more for yucks than for serious.

So do only the pros play on the 5th day?

I don't think so... in an interview they kept mentioning "oh well, you have a long week so enjoy yourself" to some of the NFL players

I don't think so... in an interview they kept mentioning "oh well, you have a long week so enjoy yourself" to some of the NFL players

Ya but they kept telling the celebs 4 days, I guess that meant 4 after the first.

I'm pretty sure the celebs last day is Sat., I'll see what I can find though.

Edit: From the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic site
Monday, January 19, 2009
Practice rounds

Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Practice rounds

Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Commence Pro-Am Play - 8:30 a.m. - all courses.
Celebrity field is at SilverRock Resort
The Golf Channel Coverage Noon to 3:00 p.m. (PST)

Thursday, January 22, 2009
Continue Pro-Am Play - second round - 8:30 a.m. - all courses.
Celebrity field is at Bermuda Dunes Country Club
The Golf Channel Coverage Noon to 3:00 p.m. (PST).

Friday, January 23, 2009
Continue Pro-Am Play - third round- 8:30 a.m. - all courses.
Celebrity field is at Nicklaus Private at PGA West
The Golf Channel Coverage - Noon to 3:00 p.m. (PST).

Saturday, January 24, 2009
Continue Pro-Am Play - fourth round- 8:30 a.m. - all courses.
Celebrity field is at Palmer Private at PGA West
The Golf Channel Coverage 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (PST).

Sunday, January 25, 2009
Finals for professionals - low seventy and ties - 8:30 a.m.
The Golf Channel Coverage 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (PST).

Immediately following play on the 18th green, the Orrefors Crystal Trophy and check presentation will take place. The winner will also receive a 2009 Chrysler 300C.

I believe the Am's play without the pros on Sunday on a different course.

Edit: thanks MO, I knew they didn't play with the pros all weekend.

I just heard on the telecast that its Pros only on Sunday.

I'm glad to see Derek Anderson sat out the last couple weeks of the football season but is in fine shape to play golf.

I did get to see some of the coverage from yesterday. I seen the hole in one and seen a couple pretty good shots. David Duval has changed since the last time I seen him. I hope he's on his way back up.

I'm glad to see Derek Anderson sat out the last couple weeks of the football season but is in fine shape to play golf.

I did get to see some of the coverage from yesterday. I seen the hole in one and seen a couple pretty good shots. David Duval has changed since the last time I seen him. I hope he's on his way back up.

haha... yeah, never mind football man! he has to play golf...

David Duval is a character for sure... his interview was pretty interesting and pretty deep. For one, he avoided eye contact a great deal... never mentioned the health of his wife but talked about his back/shoulder/hand issues. Then he dropped the bomb... talking about how he didn't play well the last time he won a tournament (the open!)... and how that tournament was an existential moment in his life. He essentially said he just didn't care about golf anymore.

He's starting to look like Boo now, how short is he?

haha... yeah, never mind football man! he has to play golf...

David Duval is a character for sure... his interview was pretty interesting and pretty deep. For one, he avoided eye contact a great deal... never mentioned the health of his wife but talked about his back/shoulder/hand issues. Then he dropped the bomb... talking about how he didn't play well the last time he won a tournament (the open!)... and how that tournament was an existential moment in his life. He essentially said he just didn't care about golf anymore.

He's starting to look like Boo now, how short is he?

I missed his interview. I did see some of his play and it looked like he was hitting the ball pretty well.

I missed his interview. I did see some of his play and it looked like he was hitting the ball pretty well.

he can't score though... he had a lot of 10, 12, and 15 footers he couldn't bury. On an easy A** course like that if you have zero birdies throgh 8 holes you're in trouble.

Back