Help me choose a ball

James

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking to play a new ball, as I usually just hit whatever is in my bag, which is usually a random selection. I have narrowed it down to 4 balls, in my budget. Wilson Staff DX2, Wilson Staff DX3, Srixon AD333 and Srixon Soft Feel.
The only ball I've had experience with is the DX2. I found it good, but was easily scuffed. Have you guys got any feedback on the other balls?

With the 4 options, I have only played the AD-333. I liked it. Good distance with ok feel around the greens. My only complaint for my game was too much release on full shots from within 150.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I would say from your list the Srixon AD333 is hands down the best ball. It is a great golf ball and can be found cheap. If you can't find the AD333 give the q-star a try. I belive srixon no longer makes the AD333

I am a fan of the B330-RX and the E6 from Bridgestone.

the Q-Star is also a great ball as well as the Burner Tour.

click on the bfit banner at the top of the page

Top Flite Gamer V2 is in the same price range and has a great reputation.

He probably won't go for the B330-RX since he has a lower budget.

I'd suggest buying a sleeve of all of them and trying them all to see what one you like best. I'd also recommend trying the Q-Star, Burner Tour, NXT or DT SoLo, HX Diablo, Warbird +, any major OEM ball in that price range would be comparable.

I have played the AD333 and I liked it fairly well, too. Another you might look into is the Srixon Trispeed.

Back