The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that made no sense at all. Oh well, I live with a Packer fan and she wasn't so happy last night. I quietly chuckled.

I got over it quickly because I immediately turned on the Sony Open and watched Johnson Wagner's awesome mustach.

I imagine that last night was tough for Packer nation. The Packer offense looked awfully out of rhythm. Jordy Nelson and Finley were non existent. Finley's a FA this year, I wonder if he stays or goes. You could also tell that Jennings and Rodgers were horribly out of sync. Prince Amukamara played well though.

Did Rodgers even throw at Prince? He seemed pretty content overthrowing or just plain missing Finely all night.

Did Rodgers even throw at Prince? He seemed pretty content overthrowing or just plain missing Finely all night.

LOL, this is true. If the Gmen can add some nice LB's to the core for next year, they'll have some nice pieces on the defensive side of the ball.

Finely also dropped some passes. Finely has been chirping all year that he think she should be treated like an elite tight end. But shows a propensity to drop big passes. The Packers may offer him a small raise from his rookie contract, but he isn't going to get the contract he thinks he deserves.

Finely also dropped some passes. Finely has been chirping all year that he think she should be treated like an elite tight end. But shows a propensity to drop big passes. The Packers may offer him a small raise from his rookie contract, but he isn't going to get the contract he thinks he deserves.

So maybe another team does, especially since 2011/2012 has been the year of the Tight End. Maybe he goes elsewhere.

Id be willing to bet someone with a hole at TE gives him huge money.

So maybe another team does, especially since 2011/2012 has been the year of the Tight End. Maybe he goes elsewhere.

He probably will. He has an insane skillset, but seems to lack concentration and focus.

Id be willing to bet someone with a hole at TE gives him huge money.

Probably the Vikings. That seems like something they would do.

Probably the Vikings. That seems like something they would do.

I cant say I blame them. The pieces will start to fall into place there.

Yep, add Finley to the mix with Harvin, AP, and Justin Blackmon and the Vikings just got legit!

Maybe, they are a mess. They need more than a tight end.

Yep, add Finley to the mix with Harvin, AP, and Justin Blackmon and the Vikings just got legit!

This is what Im thinking BG. Lots of nice weapons there. Vikings just creepin up on the Pack!

This is what Im thinking BG. Lots of nice weapons there. Vikings just creepin up on the Pack!

We all know that the Packer's D can't stop anyone so you might as well build a team that can score with them and the Lions.

We all know that the Packer's D can't stop anyone so you might as well build a team that can score with them and the Lions.

And when you talk about adding Finely and Blackmon to the mix they got a nice little thing going there.

And when you talk about adding Finely and Blackmon to the mix they got a nice little thing going there.

Totally. See, the thing is, to be successful in the NFL, all you need to do is win your division. That gets you in the Playoffs every time. The Vikings have to score more to keep up. Pretty simple.

I don't see the Rams taking Blackmon at #2, in fact, they'll trade out of the slot so the Vikings just got gifted exactly what they need.

The Vikings also need a better o-line and a better secondary. Kind of like GB. sonofa.

The Vikings also need a better o-line and a better secondary. Kind of like GB. sonofa.

Yeah, they can get that in rounds 2-7

Yeah, they can get that in rounds 2-7

The Packers can. The Vikings have shown a talent for screwing up the draft.

Totally. See, the thing is, to be successful in the NFL, all you need to do is win your division. That gets you in the Playoffs every time. The Vikings have to score more to keep up. Pretty simple.

I don't see the Rams taking Blackmon at #2, in fact, they'll trade out of the slot so the Vikings just got gifted exactly what they need.

I think the Rams stay at #2 and get just exactly what they need, a tackle to help protect their injury prone QB.

I think the Rams stay at #2 and get just exactly what they need, a tackle to help protect their injury prone QB.

I can see both of these happening. Fisher is the coach there now so what does he like to do in the draft?

I don't know what Fisher's tendencies are. But like I said last week, the Rams could trade out of the 2 slot with say Washington and still be in a position to address their need at tackle. I think the Vikings still take Blackmon, Cleveland takes Richardson, the Bucs take Claiborne, so the Rams still get their tackle and pick up some extra picks. That's what I would do.

I don't know what Fisher's tendencies are. But like I said last week, the Rams could trade out of the 2 slot with say Washington and still be in a position to address their need at tackle. I think the Vikings still take Blackmon, Cleveland takes Richardson, the Bucs take Claiborne, so the Rams still get their tackle and pick up some extra picks. That's what I would do.

And that makes an a lot of sense. The Rams were a really bad team last year but I think they are not really as bad as they looked. I bet they make a huge turnaround next year.

And that makes an a lot of sense. The Rams were a really bad team last year but I think they are not really as bad as they looked. I bet they make a huge turnaround next year.

Unless they are just dead set on Kalil, and are afraid the Vikings might pick him, then they should trade out. I'm also assuming that someone trades up to take RG3, which should happen due to the absolutely lack of depth at QB in this year's draft. Even if the Rams miss out on Kalil, there's some great OT prospects this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back