Zolon

Reaction score
Handicap
golf
Im new with the whole project x flexes. Is a 6.0 good for a wedge?

Last edited:
I personally like the 5.5 in my wedges as I can get slightly more feel and control with them. See what other people say, too.

Depends on the individual. Many like a slightly softer flex in their wedges vs. their irons.

I bought a spin milled c-c vokey and it came with it. It feels great but i was wondering if something with a different flex would give me more spin.

Check out the DG Spinner shaft if you get a chance. If you search you should be able to find some good info on this site.

for what it's worth, i play Project X Flighted 6.5's (xstiff) and i have Dynamic Gold S300's in my wedges...i found the PX Flighteds in wedges aren't too good. that's just me. some people like heavier in wedges, i prefer a softer flex. to each his own.

I can spin them some but on longer shots they don't check up as much. Im looking into the dg spinner.

I think that my next shaft for my wedges, will be the DG Spinner.

Perhaps Project is better only for irons because generate less spin and flight.

Please eleborate..on longer shots with the wedge your ball is releasing?
I can spin them some but on longer shots they don't check up as much. Im looking into the dg spinner.

I don't want to hijack this gentleman's thread, but I have seen two people comment on the DG Spinners. I have been looking at them for my own wedges. How do you guys like them?

I don't want to hijack this gentleman's thread, but I have seen two people comment on the DG Spinners. I have been looking at them for my own wedges. How do you guys like them?

I am a huge fan of them for clubs I usually take partial shots with (my higher lofter wedges) but I prefer my lower lofted wedges and PW to match the rest of my irons as I seem to lose some distance on full shots.

Very much....

I am a huge fan of them for clubs I usually take partial shots with (my higher lofter wedges) but I prefer my lower lofted wedges and PW to match the rest of my irons as I seem to lose some distance on full shots.

That's what I was looking at them for, my 54* and 60*. I have a 50* as well, and I wasn't sure if I needed a DG spinner in it because I was afraid of exactly what you said, losing some distance.

My line of thinking is a bit interesting on this subject, as I prefer wedge specific designed shafts (Spinners, Hi Rev's, TC's). I think they are a good solid option.

You might want to check out this Q & A, it might help you out:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=13766

On the topic of Spinners, I used them for the bulk of 2011, as they were the stock offering in Mizuno's MP-T 11 wedges. I love them. They do bring your flight down and little bit and I swear they increase spin, even for conforming grooves.

I have the PX 6.0's in my wedges. I got them to match the shafts in my irons and played them all last season. Personally, I liked the feel and felt like it was a good decision. I wouldn't go any stiffer than the 6.0's for your wedges (talked to quite a few fitters), even if you are gaming x100's in your irons as that can get super stiff for wedges and you are really going to have to keep the swing speed high to get the performance. Just my opinion though.

On the topic of Spinners, I used them for the bulk of 2011, as they were the stock offering in Mizuno's MP-T 11 wedges. I love them. They do bring your flight down and little bit and I swear they increase spin, even for conforming grooves.
I was thinking about sending my wedge off to the vokey wedge works and get the spinner. I have conforming grooves so i could use some extra spin.

Back