Weekend of Feb 7-8

Glad to be back on the site after a week away while working in Ft. Worth, anyhow I'm giving myself a birthday presen today and getting fit for my new irons this afternoon!!!!!

Spent 3 hours on the range with Jimmy the Pins today. He broke out his new club, a "chutter"....

I went to the KC Golf show today, it was a big downer. Should have went and played instead.

My golf-related plans for this weekend are to go to the driving range tomorrow morning, then come home and see if I won an auction for a Mizuno putter on Ebay (TPM #5) and watch the last round of the Buick Invitational.

My golf-related plans for this weekend are to go to the driving range tomorrow morning, then come home and see if I won an auction for a Mizuno putter on Ebay (TPM #5) and watch the last round of the Buick Invitational.

Myself & 2 others will be at Vitense tomorrow, not sure what time just yet though. Most likely around noon-1:00.

Im probably going to be there early. I want to be home by noon to watch the end of an Ebay auction and watch the golf tourney.

And dont forget tomorrow night on THP for the contest.

We finally ht the driving range. No course action and no Golf Show for us this weekend.

And dont forget tomorrow night on THP for the contest.
Yup, I wouldnt miss it! :D

For sure, can't miss that. A new OGIO bag is on my list of stuff I need.
Its just a shame that Im going to win that bag, so it will still be on the list of stuff you need. :arrogant:

There was still some snow on the course today so I did not get to golf. I will shoot for next weekend.

yup, it is basically a double-faced putter(for lefties or righties) with the loft of a 7-8 iron

Like this? It's called a "Chipper"

I450_big.jpg

I've got a version by Ray Cook that I bought a couple years ago, and I enjoyed gaming it. I decided that having 4 wedges was more important, and my brother's been playing it since.

image.jpg

http://raycook.com/raycook/classicpluschipper.html

I used to have one of those 2-way chippers back before I quit playing golf back in '00. It works pretty good for chipping and it comes in handy for shots where the ball comes to rest close to a tree and you cant hit it like you normally would.
Being a righty and hitting left-handed doesnt usually work out well, but you can at the very least punch the ball out to where you could use a normal swing on it.
Odyssey also makes a chipper like that Ray Cook one. They arent cheap though, they go for about $80 new and even used on Ebay they dont go for much less than that.
Ive thought about getting a chipper, but it seems kind of foolish to have a club take up a spot in my bag that is only good for 1 shot. Why carry a chipper when I could just grip down on a 7-iron and accomplish the same shot?

Just back from the range, I did go to a new one (to me) and enjoyed it. The chipping green left me with one complaint though. They cut the grass on the fairway area for approach shot practice super short, it was barely longer than the green itself.

Ball striking is coming along, hitting most shots pretty solid now.

Glad the new irons are working for you. Great to hear.

Went to the range today and I found that keeping my left arm straight on my backswing did a lot to straighten out my shots.
Then I went and helped put a new ignition coil in a friend's Toyota Landcruiser.
All in all, not a bad day.

And home in time for the contest tonight.

is the "chutter" USGA conforming? I wouldn't think it would be.

Hit Granite City with some friends for lunch & then headed to Vitense where we proceeded to go thru 3 large buckets. I couldn't hit a straight drive to save my life today. Hybrids were dead nuts down the middle, but every single drive I pulled left.

is the "chutter" USGA conforming? I wouldn't think it would be.

The single sided chipper is, the double sided one is not.

There are a lot of variations of them. Prince makes one that's kind of cool, it's a hybrid design, so you can use it for approach shots, getting out of the sand, and chipping. A very versatile club.

Well, this weekend wasn't a total loss. I spent 10 hours at the office yesterday, and blew off today (I'm gonna have to pay for that...) I played 27 holes with my brother, mom and dad. We had a good time. I'm about to have a quick shower, and hit the sack. I'm going to get up at about 2 and head in to the office, to make up for today.

spent a few hours at the range today with a few friends (it was 55 degrees today) and I was playing pretty well. I am so excited for the season if I can keep my swing where it is now.

Didn't get a chance to practice or play today. Too bad it was beautiful here today.

Back