Floppy

Reaction score
What did you get on your first hole EVER golfing?

Me: I had 4 clubs. Driver, Mid-Iron, PW, Putter. Par 4 dog-leg right.
Hit a drive really low and bad, but it rolls about 200 and in perfect position for the 2nd shot.
My 2nd shot I hit a Mid-Iron just over the green.
3rd shot I chip to within 2".
4th shot I tap in for par! :]

I went on to shoot about a 125 :beat-up:

How about you? (If you don't remember your first hole, state what your first score was, or something!)

Snowman. What is worse is I felt lucky to get it!

I dont remember my first hole other than I whiffed on the tee and then shanked the next one. I shot 118 my first time out and it was a par 68.

I can't remember my first hole, but my first round (full 18 holes, I'd played 9 a few times before) was 111.

If it wasn't my first hole, it was the first hole a subsequent time at the same course--the foursome behind hit into me. That's all I remember. Nothing like resort golf.

I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday much less particular golf shots or scores from long ago.

I think my score on the first hole I ever played was a 12 (and that was a par-3).

If I remember correctly, I whiffed twice before topping one down the middle of the fairway about 100 yards (hole was ~160 yard par 3). I think it took two more badly topped shots to get on the green and a 4 putt.

i was 5, i dont recollect much

my first hole was at Bath Country Club in Bath, ME.... all I remember is slicing it so far right it was so embarresing.

How do you freakin remember that? I remember playing the first hole when I got a membership. Shot a 54 for 9 holes. Took a 12 on the first hole.

my first hole was at Bath Country Club in Bath, ME.... all I remember is slicing it so far right it was so embarresing.

also... I had a giant Ben Hogan staff bag that was given to me as a gift! I had no idea what the difference was. I had literally never stepped foot on a golf course

I can't remember my first hole or round but I know it probably wasn't pretty. :sad:

I can't remember my first hole or round but I know it probably wasn't pretty. :sad:

I don't remember either, it was probably close to 25 years ago as a little kid. I couldn't even tell you which was the first course I played on.

I didn't write it down...I still don't keep score. I just remember being so thrilled to be playing golf for real and not at a range or Best Ball with the group classes. It was an April day, perfect weather and scenery and good company. I probably double bogeyed or something, but it wasn't too bad cause I kept enjoying myself.

Hehe! Found my old journal. :smile:

"On April 20, an unassuming but pleasantly weathered day, I discovered a hobby I'd come to adore. ... But I wanted to go to a course. A short, small par 3 is what he picked - and we had a great time! I didn't lose a single ball!" There's more to it, but you don't want to hear stuff from my journal! :angel:

"On April 20, an unassuming but pleasantly weathered day, I discovered a hobby I'd come to adore. ... But I wanted to go to a course. A short, small par 3 is what he picked - and we had a great time! I didn't lose a single ball!" There's more to it, but you don't want to hear stuff from my journal! :angel:

have to ask....how old were you??

Says who?? Wait not your journal. Maybe your diary. :tongue:

Julie did you just make that up, or is that actually from your Diary.

PS- Diary is a girl's journal, Journal is a guys diary.

If I remember correctly it was a 2 on a par 3 oh maybe 10 feet over a 6 inch bridge.......Oh your talking about real golf not mini golf ..... sorry
LOL:banana::blob:

It would of been way cooler if you started it off with " Dear Diary,".

I can't even remember what golf course I played on my first time out.

I have no idea what I shot on my first hole, that was a long time ago. I honestly think the first time I ever swung a club was on that first tee box.

Julie did you just make that up, or is that actually from your Diary.

PS- Diary is a girl's journal, Journal is a guys diary.

I have years and years of diaries. That is directly out of one.

No, none of them start "dear diary," sorry! Some sections are really, really good reads though. :wink:

And as for semantics - I've always thought of diaries as more flowery, journals more recording what happened. The latter is what I prefer. There's some thoughts and feelings and musings in there, but I mostly write down just what happens.

Back