Golfer Stabbed with Putter- May Lose Leg

Wow, if I had just read it in an email I would have thought someone just made it up! Very crazy. A good lesson to always let people play through!!!

There is more to this story surely, surprised it was not in Scotland with our knife crime rate. Its really not nice to hear is it

There must be more to this story, as there usually is, if he does not want to prosecute.

Do the police actually give you the option to NOT press charges in a case of aggravated assault?

Yes, it is routine. As a matter of fact in most states, if the victim does not cooperate in the investigation, the case will not be prosecuted or potentially not even investigated.

Huh, not pressing charges. Interesting. But it's his choice. Whatever floats his boat.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have read in a while. People are freaking crazy.

While there may not be charges pressed, the article notes that victim likely will sue those dudes for money.

How much is a leg worth?

May lose a leg and no prosecution?

Sounds fishy....like there is a lot more to the story.

The course where this happened is VERY suspect. I played out there about 2 months ago and it is in terrible condition...fairways (if you can call them that) were full of pebbles and rocks, the course had very little grass (either bare ground, sand or weeds), and the layout leaves alot to be desired. Kinda sad too because about 3-4 years ago when I last played out there it was pretty nice from what I remember. What's my point?? Some of the people involved in this ordeal were probably not your typical golfers. I know I'm making an assumption here, but for $20-$40 there are much better options in the DFW area. This is an ideal course for 'challenged' players to smack some golf balls around without holding people up......except in this case.....and then it was on!

I agree with some of the other comments already made previously, the fact that this guy isn't pressing charges seems a bit shady. He goes on and on about how his quality of life will forever be changed, yet he's just going to let this go......? Hmmmmm.....

I can't really understand deserving a stab to the femoral artery and near death. Maybe if he is molesting little kids or something, but not letting a group pass you at a golf course? Doesn't really seem to add up.

What if the guy That got stabbed swung a club at someone? What if he was holding the other half of the broken club saying he'd stab the stabber? We don't know what happened. I'm just saying there is a reason he didn't press charges. If a guy starts a bar fight and gets knocked out. I think it says a lot about him if he presses charges. Just my 2 cents

Louisiana is like that too I think. Drive thru liquor stores that sell mixed drinks. Your good as long as the lid is still on. Straws are fine.

Up here in Shreveport you can certainly purchase liquor in a drive through. However, it has to remain sealed. Mixed drinks such as daiquiris have scotch tape placed over the lid and the straw is taped under it in most cases. If you're pulled over and that tape is gone, you're busted. We have some terrible drivers, but for the most part they're terrible due to lack of skill or brain power, same as anywhere else.

Good point. If someone swings a club at me, there would be some recourse. Unless it was a Rocketballz driver. Then I would thank them for the opportunity.

What if the guy That got stabbed swung a club at someone? What if he was holding the other half of the broken club saying he'd stab the stabber? We don't know what happened. I'm just saying there is a reason he didn't press charges. If a guy starts a bar fight and gets knocked out. I think it says a lot about him if he presses charges. Just my 2 cents

If he was a REAL Texan after he got stabbed he would have pulled a rifle out of his bag and shot the guy. Then he would have pulled some tape out of his bag and taped up the gusher, finished his round and then went to the Hospital.

I don't know if I am reading the same article, but just because it doesn't say he is pressing charges doesn't mean that he is not. Pretty sure in a situation like that pressing charges seems like its kind of a given.

Alright...after re-reading, I see its just civil litigation. So yes kinda weird he wouldn't press charges...

TipTappin'

If he was a REAL Texan after he got stabbed he would have pulled a rifle out of his bag and shot the guy. Then he would have pulled some tape out of his bag and taped up the gusher after spitting tobaccer juice on the wound, finished his round and then went to the Hospital.

FIFY..

Nice.. Or just used his cigar to cauterize the wound and finished up the round...

Just when you think you've heard it all...

I can't really understand deserving a stab to the femoral artery and near death. Maybe if he is molesting little kids or something, but not letting a group pass you at a golf course? Doesn't really seem to add up.

Almost pi$$ed myself when I read this!

Really? I saw a guy throw a ball at a guy when he was drunk, but never a fight... etiquette is a good thing!

I broke up a fight on a golf course 6 or 7 years ago. Same thing cause it as this one. The local course had a free golf weekend and people came out of the woodwork. I was helping my bud out by rangering on Sunday and their was a twosome that expected a full golf course to part ways and let them play thru which wasn't happening. I think we had 54 carts at the time and we had people waiting on them to come in so they could play. Anyway when I rode up 4 teenagers had these two guys on the ground kicking them in the head after the twosome hit into them and rode up running their mouths.

Both groups were glad I showed up, the teens were scared cause of what happened and the twosome was tired of getting their arse's kicked. I separated both groups and asked them to leave the property which they did with no problems.

We have not had another "free" weekend since.

I broke up a fight on a golf course 6 or 7 years ago. Same thing cause it as this one. The local course had a free golf weekend and people came out of the woodwork. I was helping my bud out by rangering on Sunday and their was a twosome that expected a full golf course to part ways and let them play thru which wasn't happening. I think we had 54 carts at the time and we had people waiting on them to come in so they could play. Anyway when I rode up 4 teenagers had these two guys on the ground kicking them in the head after the twosome hit into them and rode up running their mouths.

Both groups were glad I showed up, the teens were scared cause of what happened and the twosome was tired of getting their arse's kicked. I separated both groups and asked them to leave the property which they did with no problems.

We have not had another "free" weekend since.

Crazy story dude... free golf weekends does not sound like a good idea to me. Especially if beer is being sold.

Nuts. Just nuts. I've never seen something like this.

Back