The Monster Engine

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I found this website, but it is an art experiment where drawings by children were taken and drawn/painted realistically by artists.

I wish I had a fraction of this kind of talent.

http://www.themonsterengine.com/art.html#monster

Here is an example, but there are many more on the site:

goodman_d.jpg
goodman_p.jpg

this is an amazing one...

ninja_school_d.jpg

ninja_school_p.jpg

touching on the piece above... there is a lot to say about art. Many in the art world would naturally gravitate to the first piece, this would be contigent on the fact that they are under the impression the artist is not a child. Finished pieces like the bottom piece show great techinical skill but can often seem uniform, as if the artist is following guidelines or a program.

I think the first piece is stunning.... it has great balance. This would do well in a show. I am also being very serious about that!

art by Daniel Johnston... kind of a cult hero/icon

this would sell for thousands

danny.jpg

Does anyone else think that those drawings done by the children are a little scary?

art by Daniel Johnston... kind of a cult hero/icon

this would sell for thousands

Not my kind of art. I have always liked art that looks like something real. "Modern art" never did it for me. (These are two works my mom did, George Brett in 1977 and the water color in art school in 1948).

The kids drawings to art work is pretty cool though.

1977-GeorgeBrett.jpg

scan506fullsizesmaller.jpg

Craig,
That Kids think that way

An absolute must for when you get home. I still cry laughing after like 6 years.

FOR SURE... damn corporate America!

"god bless america? nah nah nah god damn America"

If any of you have not seen this article from years ago, it is still, IMHO, the funniest thing I've every seen on the internet. Make sure to read both :

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=irule
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=irule2

(Note: these contain what some may find objectionable language ... to me it's just d*mn funny)

That's what we love about you, Grogger--you're such a sentimentalist.

Okay, I just counted. I have 26 pieces of Boo Girl art hanging in my office. They'd all get Fs.

Modern/Abstract art isn't for me. I know people think it's fabulous. Sorry, but I don't get it. If you have to decipher it to figure out what it is, it's not for me! At least with the kid drawings Grogger posted the link to, I could tell what it was supposed to be!

The movie isn't so much about art itself but the controversy whether the kid was doing the painting or not.

The movie isn't so much about art itself but the controversy whether the kid was doing the painting or not.

I'd say the kid was doing the painting!

one of my favorite paintings by Willen DeKooning painted in 1952, titled Woman 1. I believe this painting hangs in the Hirshhorn Museum in DC...

758bg.jpg

These are by a guy named Jim Warren. His artwork was used for the cover of the Bob Seeger album Against the Wind. This stuff I like:

war-p15.jpg

main.php

main.php

Back