Ball testing with my Victory red driver

ohio_striker

striped it
Reaction score
Handicap
i went to a local sim today to try to test my victory red tour driver ( new to me) with my different balls that i play Bridgestone RXS, ProV1, nike 20XI-X.

i Hit about 20 shots with each and wrote down the results. on average here is what i came up with

RXS -Felt nice and soft off the face but still with good pop average distance 268YD with a draw launching *8-10 with my driver spin 2900-3500

Prov1- felt soft with a little less hot off the face it was launching higher with more spin. Average distance 260YD launching 9-10 with spin from 3400-4100 it was a little more accurate and closer to the target line probably due to the added backspin.

20X1- Felt a little harder off the face not much then the other 2 balls. average distance 283 launching at 6.8 to 8 with spin 2600-3300. this ball was noticeably hotter off the club and was straight with a baby draw.

i think i found my ball i hit some iron shots and the 20Xi wasnt bad compared to the other 2 in feel but was very accurate and was in the ball park with spin.

if i had to rank it would be
20XI
RXS
Prov1

Here was the best drive of the day i hit about 5 like this that were very similar.
drivermonitor.jpg

Wow... Those are some crazy differences between the 20XI and the other two... good for you!

Wow, you are generating some serious clubhead speed there. 301 is a monster drive for an amateur. I'm not surprised to see the 20XI-X on top of your list, as it (correct me if I'm wrong) most closely matches your swing speed in compression. Very interesting data, thanks for posting.

BulldogsGolf

Nice man thats some serious distance. Congrats on finding the ball for you.

Thanks Guys I was Playing a Prov1 for the longest time and i dont think i was really compressing it well. i was driving in the 260'S most of the time my swing speed today was 102-110.

i really liked the RXS its a great ball also. it just shows you you need to get the right ball for you. and you dont really know untill you test a handful of them.

Thanks Guys I was Playing a Prov1 for the longest time and i dont think i was really compressing it well. i was driving in the 260'S most of the time my swing speed today was 102-110.

i really liked the RXS its a great ball also. it just shows you you need to get the right ball for you. and you dont really know untill you test a handful of them.

I would think with your SS you would be over compressing the RXS. I bet the 330s or 330 would work much better than the RXS for ya. That is some awesome distance though dude.

I would think with your SS you would be over compressing the RXS. I bet the 330s or 330 would work much better than the RXS for ya. That is some awesome distance though dude.

I agree with this. You would for sure be overcompressing an RXS. I think that the 20XI-X is the way to go for you. If you really want to try more in the bridgestone line, look at what 10Yard said above. Some great balls there that might be a little more suited to you.

I agree with this. You would for sure be overcompressing an RXS. I think that the 20XI-X is the way to go for you. If you really want to try more in the bridgestone line, look at what 10Yard said above. Some great balls there that might be a little more suited to you.

Ok ill have to check that out i thought the RX line was optimized for a 105 mph swing? i figure thats my average SS so it would be good ? Am i missing something?

Ok ill have to check that out i thought the RX line was optimized for a 105 mph swing? i figure thats my average SS so it would be good ? Am i missing something?
Under 105mph.

See my testing in Bridgestone B330 test thread. I didnt have a 20xi to test, but i am one of the testers for the B330-B330-S and the 330-S i think would be the perfect ball for your swing speed. I have played it now for over a year and it is the best ball i have played. I agree with the above that you over compressing and losing distance and probably feel with the RXS. My swing speed is in the 107-111 mph range, so we are close in swing speed, and was in the 287-293 range (estimated roll out) on the sim with a 12* launch angle. Also you will find ProV1x numbers there as well (same test day), and if you was to stay in the ProV1 family, i would maybe consider trying the X version.

I recently changed to the Tou B330 from the 20xi-x and I'm very pleased with the change. I tried the Z-stars and the Pro-v's before making the change. B330 feels softer of the club but actually spins less for me off of my wedges than the 20xi-x did.
Buy yourself a sleeve of the 330's I think you might like them and last years model is bout $32 a dozen now, compared to the pro-v's it is like getting 3 for the price of 2.

WOW lots of Bridgestone love on here lol. i haven't even played a round with the 20XI-X yet so i dont know how i will like chipping and putting with it, as well as off the irons. but i'll put my the B330 on my list of next balls to get. nike claims an extra 2-3 mph ball speed out of the 20XI

so what is the downfall of the 20XI? ball Feel, durability? Spin?

WOW lots of Bridgestone love on here lol. i haven't even played a round with the 20XI-X yet so i dont know how i will like chipping and putting with it, as well as off the irons. but i'll put my the B330 on my list of next balls to get. nike claims an extra 2-3 mph ball speed out of the 20XI

If you are worried about durability then I think you will have problems with the 20XI, its the least durable ball I have ever played.

On the 20xi-x I played for a year, the downfall is feel and durability. It took 2 or 3 of them for me to get thru 18 holes due to me ripping up the covers with my irons.

Interesting numbers. Try Callaway Tour I(Z) your next trip also.

do you guys think my Launch angle is too low?

ive been reading up on spin and launch angle and it seems i should be at a 11-13 degrees im at 7-8. i noticed on the launch monitor when my launch angle increased my spin went up and ball speed went down.

You should double it.
do you guys think my Launch angle is too low?

ive been reading up on spin and launch angle and it seems i should be at a 11-13 degrees im at 7-8. i noticed on the launch monitor when my launch angle increased my spin went up and ball speed went down.

You should double it.

how is that possible? it was saying i was carrying 290 on the launch monitor? with 2700 spin its not like im hitting down on the ball and i have a 9.5 deg driver

I think Thainer was saying that optimal launch angle is around 12* so you are quite low. JB or someone more qualified could answer this better than me though.

I reckon a lot of people like the 11-14* launch angle. Just with a higher launch you want to make sure your backspin isnt costing you. But it could also be saving you from going to far left or right if you have one of those tendencies because the higher backspin can keep that sidespin down.

Also with the RX and RXS, at 110 you're not going to be overcompressing it. One of the THP staffers averages that or more in SS and plays the RX. I spoke to bridgestone as well during a ball fitting (my SS can get up to that range at times) and they said not to worry. Now that doesnt mean that the B330s or B330 wont be options as they could very well provide you with better numbers. But you're not overcompressing the RX or RXS with your SS.

i went to a local sim today to try to test my victory red tour driver ( new to me) with my different balls that i play Bridgestone RXS, ProV1, nike 20XI-X.

i Hit about 20 shots with each and wrote down the results. on average here is what i came up with

RXS -Felt nice and soft off the face but still with good pop average distance 268YD with a draw launching *8-10 with my driver spin 2900-3500

Prov1- felt soft with a little less hot off the face it was launching higher with more spin. Average distance 260YD launching 9-10 with spin from 3400-4100 it was a little more accurate and closer to the target line probably due to the added backspin.

20X1- Felt a little harder off the face not much then the other 2 balls. average distance 283 launching at 6.8 to 8 with spin 2600-3300. this ball was noticeably hotter off the club and was straight with a baby draw.

i think i found my ball i hit some iron shots and the 20Xi wasnt bad compared to the other 2 in feel but was very accurate and was in the ball park with spin.

if i had to rank it would be
20XI
RXS
Prov1

Here was the best drive of the day i hit about 5 like this that were very similar.

I notice you play with Nike VR Tour. The glued version is it?

I know the face is 2 degree open. How's your ball flight using this open face driver? What's your normal ball flight?

I notice you play with Nike VR Tour. The glued version is it?

I know the face is 2 degree open. How's your ball flight using this open face driver? What's your normal ball flight?

Yes its not the adjustable verison. I normally play a draw my misses are to the left drawing too much or pulled. This driver is the most accurate ive ever hit my misses are not very bad

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Back