New 09 Nike Golf Ball Unboxing

Of course not. We never mind. Our review will be out tomorrow morning and we were able to have multiple testers check out these balls over the last few weeks.

Okay Ladies and Gentlemen, today I compared the new Nike balls (Tour, Tour D, and Vapor) against my current ball (Callaway Tour-ix). I played 9 holes today on the course and hit all the balls against each other.

First, distance wise the Tour D was the longest by about 10 yards. The Tour and Vapor were about the same distance as my current ball. I am unsure why the Tour D was longer unless the spin was lower than the others. The trajectory of all the balls were the same according to the naked eye. I can't provide exact numbers in relation to spin and trajectory, since I didn't hit them on a launch monitor.

Second, on approach shots, the Tour D was about a club longer than the other Nike's and my current ball. The spin was the same except for the Tour ball, which had more spin than the others. Don't get me wrong all of the balls had great spin into the green, but the Tour was better.

Third, on pitches, chips and sand shots, all of the balls performed the same. On pitches, all of them took one hop and then stopped. On chips all of the balls performed the same. On sand shots, all of the balls performed the same.

Finally, when putting, the Nike Tour and Tour D felt softer than the Vapor and Callaway Tour-ix.

Over all, the New Nike balls performed great. The only problem that I had was the covers on the Tour and Tour D balls scuffed very easily from my wedges.

I would like to evaluate these balls on a launch monitor, so I can see the real numbers. However, based upon today, I might be making the switch to the Nike Tour or Tour D.

CG,
Thanks for the in depth review. We found that the New Nike balls scuffed much less with quite a few wedges than the Callaway and Titleist balls.

CG,
Thanks for the in depth review. We found that the New Nike balls scuffed much less with quite a few wedges than the Callaway and Titleist balls.

No problem JB. I agree totally with your statement. The Pro-V's and Cally don't scuff as easy.

I think we are disagreeing on this one CG. I think the Nikes scuffed less.

I think we are disagreeing on this one CG. I think the Nikes scuffed less.

Sorry, I read your post to quickly. I noticed the opposite. The Nike's scuffed easier in my comparison.

whaaat? that would be...science! almost, objective even.

I would like to see the spin numbers off the driver and irons. My current ball spins around 2500 rpm off of my driver. I believe the Nike Tour D may spin less and the only way to tell, is use a launch monitor. Any other suggestions?

Exactly right CG.

Back