Nickent 5DX Review

DD, got to try mine down in Tampa, and immediately ordered one.

are they available now?

are they available now?

no idea when its coming in... just had to have one as soon as I played JB's!

it was a funny site watching us play out of the same bag

edit: I should delete my entire sig since I am not even playing golf now! who knows what will happen between now and now looking like the END of March

thats how i am now; i just have to have one now. they are unreal

edit: I should delete my entire sig since I am not even playing golf now! who knows what will happen between now and now looking like the END of March

Haha DD you guys shared bags?

I'd say two things before we get back on topic:

1.) the wings didnt bother me at all, I thought they would...
2.) the club "appears" to have offset, which gives you confidence... but its a mere illusion, the club is truly square

smart dudes over at Nickent...

They are available now. But we can continue to discuss this in the Nickent 5DX thread.

Haha DD you guys shared bags?

I was supposed to leave Boston on wednesday morning but an incoming storm forced me to fly into Tampa a day earlier. I had no intention of playing golf on that trip... landed around noon, hell... what were we supposed to do? sit around?

Moved posts to here.

by far the greatest hybrid i have EVER hit. PERIOD. i am truly sold on this hybrid and will have 2 of them in my bag soon. thank you JB for introducing me to this hybrid. they BLOW away my Callaway FT's

I'd say two things before we get back on topic:

1.) the wings didnt bother me at all, I thought they would...
2.) the club "appears" to have offset, which gives you confidence... but its a mere illusion, the club is truly square

smart dudes over at Nickent...

i 2nd this. i just cant get over this hybrid. the best hybrid ever. im definitely going to get 2 of them, i just need to figure out which 2 i need :act-up:

I was supposed to leave Boston on wednesday morning but an incoming storm forced me to fly into Tampa a day earlier. I had no intention of playing golf on that trip... landed around noon, hell... what were we supposed to do? sit around?

I would play scrabble. :D

i 2nd this. i just cant get over this hybrid. the best hybrid ever. im definitely going to get 2 of them, i just need to figure out which 2 i need :act-up:

yeah... the lofts are little strong. I'll have a 17 degree and a 18.5 degree hybrid but they have different launch and playing characterstics so they work.

I would play scrabble. :D

... dent, I was like a kid in a candy store! I left Boston in 12 degree weather and landed to a sunny 74

I almost fell over!

... dent, I was like a kid in a candy store! I left Boston in 12 degree weather and landed to a sunny 74

I almost fell over!

I'll know what you felt March 27th. Except probably even a little more since I have put up with temperatures of -22* F.

Had a couple questions about hybrids. Do you guys use same flex as with driver? I have never used one on LM to know what swing speed is not sure to go R of S. Also how does distance compare to woods-how much less distance would there be with a 17* 5dx hybrid vs a 17* 5 wood. Thanks

I use a stiff shafted hybrid. If you have a 15* degree hybrid and a 15* fairway wood, in most cases the wood will travel farther because of shaft length.

going to pick up my new 5DX hybrid in a couple of hours. yippee!

Very good review, however, I'll just end up buying a 4i 4DX instead of a 5DX. The square-ish heads are annoying lately :)

Very good review, however, I'll just end up buying a 4i 4DX instead of a 5DX. The square-ish heads are annoying lately :)

give the 5dx a shot if you can find it on your local range...

the 4dx is a great stick at the sale price

Just ordered a 5DX . The $75 trade in was too good to pass up I guess!!!!

Just ordered a 5DX . The $75 trade in was too good to pass up I guess!!!!
yeah... especially since they didn't stipulate the condition of the club

how many times have you went to trade something in, especially a non driver club, and be told that your club *that is in good shape* is worth 30 bucks

yeah... especially since they didn't stipulate the condition of the club

how many times have you went to trade something in, especially a non driver club, and be told that your club *that is in good shape* is worth 30 bucks

Yeah, mine is in real good shape(Nickent 3dx), I was going to find something else on EBAY to trade but not really worth the trouble, I can buy a 4dx for like $ 50.00 used.

I almost bought the older 3dx with a ust v2 at dicks today... it was like 50 bucks brand new but they didnt have a loft I wanted

i dont know why the square-ish head would bother anyone when the result is always a long straight shot. that would make me forget about the square-ish shape immediately :act-up:

Back