Any Police Officers out here?

paintitblack85

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi there

i am a police officer from switzerland working in the wonderful capital of switzerland bern. i was just wondering if there are other police officers out here from all over the world playing golf? Where do you guys work?

Cheers

Hi there

i am a police officer from switzerland working in the wonderful capital of switzerland bern. i was just wondering if there are other police officers out here from all over the world playing golf? Where do you guys work?

Cheers
Not me, buy my sister-in-law and her husband live in Bern. They used to live on Wasserwerkgasse on the Aare. She has an art gallery in the city proper and he's a golf junkie. Bern is one of my favorite cities in the world.

Not me, buy my sister-in-law and her husband live in Bern. They used to live on Wasserwerkgasse on the Aare. She has an art gallery in the city proper and he's a golf junkie. Bern is one of my favorite cities in the world.

Wasserwerkgasse is a very nice place to live. Right at the aare. Do you still visit them from time to time?
Bern is a beautiful city but still we got some troubles here. But compared to those big citys in the states sure it is more calm.

Wasserwerkgasse is a very nice place to live. Right at the aare. Do you still visit them from time to time?
Bern is a beautiful city but still we got some troubles here. But compared to those big citys in the states sure it is more calm.
Not as often as we'd like. We'd also go to Saanen, where they had a home. Breathtaking. In Bern I'd go for a "früschoppen" and read the International Herald Tribune in mid-morning. lol I'd sometimes take the stairs, or if I was feeling lazy I'd take the elevator up to the city.

Not as often as we'd like. We'd also go to Saanen, where they had a home. Breathtaking. In Bern I'd go for a "früschoppen" and read the International Herald Tribune in mid-morning. lol I'd sometimes take the stairs, or if I was feeling lazy I'd take the elevator up to the city.

Yeah it's a really nice town. But i hope i can also travel the US soon again. Just love your wonderful country.

I'm in law enforcement here in FL. Hopefully we could tee it up when you make it over. It would be pretty cool to see the differences and similarities in our job, working in two completely different places.

I'm in law enforcement here in FL. Hopefully we could tee it up when you make it over. It would be pretty cool to see the differences and similarities in our job, working in two completely different places.

yeah that would be absolutely amazing. i travelled through florida for 2 weeks in autumn 2010. was a great trip and maybe i will be able to come back to florida autumn this year. depends on the flight and hotel prices ;) in 2010 i even got pulled out by the police in key west. missed a stop sign ;). stayed in vegas a few month ago but couldn't visit the police station. they were too busy. but at least i got a badge ;). how long are you already working as a law enforcement officer? have you already visited some police stations in other countries?

Anyone else?

I'm in Minnesota..

Hi guys
I am in the police in the UK in London......for the last 22 years....
Wakerider......I was staying in the Lakeland area in October last year on a family holiday....its really nice...and so many quality golf courses. It was great to see the welcome my son got there as a junior player.....some courses here are a bit frosty with kids playing ....hello...future of the game !....
It would be interesting as you said to compare jobs.....although I get to carry a firearm which few UK police do.
Paintitblack...i have never been to Switzerland.....although it looks a beautiful country....I have friends who have moved there but haven't visited them yet......

Usually if someone asked if there were any police officers out there, I would have to drop my cup and take off running. But, I will just say, keep up the great work, stay safe, and thanks for the work that you do.

Usually if someone asked if there were any police officers out there, I would have to drop my cup and take off running. But, I will just say, keep up the great work, stay safe, and thanks for the work that you do.

Thanks!

I've been an Illinois State Trooper for 13 years. Illinois... not Chicago. Stay safe over there and carry on! KCM

Hi guys
I am in the police in the UK in London......for the last 22 years....
Wakerider......I was staying in the Lakeland area in October last year on a family holiday....its really nice...and so many quality golf courses. It was great to see the welcome my son got there as a junior player.....some courses here are a bit frosty with kids playing ....hello...future of the game !....
It would be interesting as you said to compare jobs.....although I get to carry a firearm which few UK police do.
Paintitblack...i have never been to Switzerland.....although it looks a beautiful country....I have friends who have moved there but haven't visited them yet......

Hey i hav been to the UK only once to. Would enjoy coming back again to play some golf. so you still work as a police officer? why only few officers in the uk carry a firearm? i think you would like it here in switzerland. it's a nice country. but not the best country to play golf in. extremely expensive.

Hi there

Cheers

I retired from the New York City Police Department (NYPD) in October 2010 after 20 years of service. I did all of my time in the same command in The Bronx.

"Be safe out there," as we say!

Retired 7 years ago from Hollywood (Fl) PD after 22 years..Living the good life in Ormond Beach Fl....Retirement, not a bad gig....

For paintitblack85
hi....yes I'm still serving although I am currently off from active duty waiting for an operation. Only a few police officers carry firearms in the UK because of the relatively low level of criminal offences committed using firearms. Although London has a large share of these crimes....when my unit appears ....most of the time they do the sensible thing and put the weapons down...which is a good thing :act-up:.
anything else you want to know just PM me.
be safe out there ....

Game Warden here from South Carolina.

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

Correctional officer here in Colorado.

Retired from NYPD Sept of 2010, it definitely beat working for a living. I gotta say I don't miss the BS but I miss the guys

Cool thread! I'm a police officer in Massachusetts.

Welcome Drs nice to meet you :act-up:

Used to be a Juvenile Correctional Officer.

Back