Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang dude, impressive. J40's then Ci11's. Great problem to have!

Team Hackers tapping!
2.0s are just sitting there, my as well get the money out of them while I can.

Nice! Question, distance - 2.0's v. Ci11's?

Tap before talk.
Comparing 7iron to 7iron, I saw similar distance.

Pondering an R11 in the marketplace, for a great price. Trying to decide if it's going to give me $150 "worth" of improvement over the SF 2.0....decisions decisions...

Tap tap taparoo

Yes sir, cant get rid of the J40s, I like them too much.

The 2.0s are sitting in the corner, just hanging out, going to sell them.

Might as well post your 2.0s. There are folks over in the Burner 2 testing thread looking for sets.

Pondering an R11 in the marketplace, for a great price. Trying to decide if it's going to give me $150 "worth" of improvement over the SF 2.0....decisions decisions...

Tap tap taparoo

How is your ball striking with the driver? I'm asking that because if you don't hit dead center, the R11 can be very penal in distance and direction (at least it was for me). It is a lot less forgiving than the SF2.0.

How is your ball striking with the driver? I'm asking that because if you don't hit dead center, the R11 can be very penal in distance and direction (at least it was for me). It is a lot less forgiving than the SF2.0.

Lol. You said 'penal'

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Ponder will be over tomorrow, think I will be grabbing the Ci11s.

That, plus my wife told me to shut up and get them.

Game over when that is said. I like to use that tactic too. Its like lawyering them to death with talking about something. They cave eventually and you ge the "Just shut up about the stupid C eye ELEVENS already and buy them" Thanks honey. I knew youd see it my way.

Lol. You said 'penal'

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

LOL. Hanks, keeping things mature since April 2009. :alien::bananadance:

Game over when that is said. I like to use that tactic too. Its like lawyering them to death with talking about something. They cave eventually and you ge the "Just shut up about the stupid C eye ELEVENS already and buy them" Thanks honey. I knew youd see it my way.

LOL, Kmac's heard that a few times. I like seeing some Ci11 love.

LOL. Hanks, keeping things mature since April 2009. :alien::bananadance:

LOL now thats funny.

LOL, Kmac's heard that a few times. I like seeing some Ci11 love.

How about that? Went for some i20 and Ci11 love and came out with some Ci11's. Or he'll have them today. Has me in ponder disarray.

It's a good couple of sets to have to ponder over. I'll be keen to see what war.eagle does. I didn't realized he hoarded so many iron sets. He should be able to make a couple of moves and get the 11's fairly easily.

It's a good couple of sets to have to ponder over. I'll be keen to see what war.eagle does. I didn't realized he hoarded so many iron sets. He should be able to make a couple of moves and get the 11's fairly easily.

He's taking the Burner 2.0's in to ease the acquisition pain of the Ci11's. Yes he's an iron set hoarder. Apparently its common here on THP to hoard. Who knew.

I love how THP equipment pondering is such a chain reaction. CB pondered a new shaft I had laying around, TMEX is pondering a new shaft I have listed too, which would lead me to pondering new wedges with the funds from those shafts. Its a beautiful thing.

I love how THP equipment pondering is such a chain reaction. CB pondered a new shaft I had laying around, TMEX is pondering a new shaft I have listed too, which would lead me to pondering new wedges with the funds from those shafts. Its a beautiful thing.

Its beautiful but vicious cycle.

FML! After reading some of the thoughts on the Cleveland Mashie fairway line last evening, I am now pondering ditching the 910F and going with the strong 3W version.

FML! After reading some of the thoughts on the Cleveland Mashie fairway line last evening, I am now pondering ditching the 910F and going with the strong 3W version.

Yes! I have that one. Brand new. And I bet its awesome lol. I think that I'll end up gaming the Mashie 3W over the RBZ just because its so easy to hit and its strong.

Yes! I have that one. Brand new. And I bet its awesome lol. I think that I'll end up gaming the Mashie 3W over the RBZ just because its so easy to hit and its strong.

I just worry about the lighter Miyazaki shafts. Though I do really like the idea of a 14* 3W option.

Last edited:
I just worry about the lighter Miyazaki shafts. Though I do really like the idea of a 14* 3W option.

yeah its something some struggle with but I think with very little time you can adjust to. One thing the new Mashie line has going for it is less offset then last year. And the 3W has very little if any at all. Its got nice head weight too so you can really feel where it is in your swing and go HAM. I love the 14* option. Not quite as unforgiving as say 13* but still will give you that same missile launching ability.

I can say that I was worried a bit about the lighter shafts in both the Classic and my FL 3w, but the Miyazaki is the real effing deal. Of course, I have grown to love the shafts because it seems to get the ball out there without a 'kill swing' if you will. LOVE the Miyazaki C. Kua.

Have you hit it yet Jeff? I really do not think the lighter shaft will have a noticeable feel, at least I do not notice it.

Have you hit it yet Jeff? I really do not think the lighter shaft will have a noticeable feel, at least I do not notice it.

No, I haven't. I haven't seen them in any of the stores around here yet (country bumpkin). And I don't feel like driving to St. Louis to hit one club. Will probably see if I can find one used to knock around or just go ahead and purchase one and hope for the best.

No, I haven't. I haven't seen them in any of the stores around here yet (country bumpkin). And I don't feel like driving to St. Louis to hit one club. Will probably see if I can find one used to knock around or just go ahead and purchase one and hope for the best.

Gotcha, what about the Mashie Hybo's hit them? To me almost identical feel but with the head weight of the 3W I think its a great fit. Hopefully they get them out your way, I know for a fact I am buying a 3W, just not sure what loft.

Gotcha, what about the Mashie Hybo's hit them? To me almost identical feel but with the head weight of the 3W I think its a great fit. Hopefully they get them out your way, I know for a fact I am buying a 3W, just not sure what loft.

No, haven't hit those either, because to be quite honest, I always hated the way they looked. LOL. But the more and more I read on the performance of the Mashie FW line, the more I am intrigued. I like my 910F, I just wish it was easier to hit sometimes. I had an old steel Launcher from Cleveland and I freaking loved that thing and finally upgraded last year. I just don't get the same joy with this 910 fairway that I did with that old Launcher and have no where near the confidence.

No, haven't hit those either, because to be quite honest, I always hated the way they looked. LOL. But the more and more I read on the performance of the Mashie FW line, the more I am intrigued. I like my 910F, I just wish it was easier to hit sometimes. I had an old steel Launcher from Cleveland and I freaking loved that thing and finally upgraded last year. I just don't get the same joy with this 910 fairway that I did with that old Launcher and have no where near the confidence.

I understand the looks thing, I like the old style look. Well I hope you get to hit them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back