Longest drive Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3679280 yards drove from calgary to boston. hahahaha couldn't resist

Man, wish I had one over 300. My best was probably 280ish.

Funny this thread is here because I just had my longest drive ever today. Wind was blowing 30-40mph and we finally got a hole downwind, Hole 3 Par 4, 447yds. I had about 35 yards to the green on my 2nd shot. Unreal, over 400 yards and I had a witness with me! Ha-Ha! If I didn't I wouldn't of posted this but there was a whole bunch of wind that aided that drive!

I've hit a drive about 100 yards backwards before. Hooked it straight into an old redgum tree and it shot off in the wrong direction. First time I've ever hit into a foursome and they were playing the hole behind me.
They had a pretty big laugh about it though after I was done apologizing to them.

That's like the typical 400 yard drive. 150 yards far 150 high and 100 yard slice.

I know this will sound like I'm completely full of crap, but two weekends ago I witnessed the longest drive I've ever seen. My good friend is a big guy (6'3" - 240) and has been known to hit a drive over 300. We were playing a scramble and teed off on a 440 yard - Par 4, there was a slight right to left tailwind and the fairway drops significantly. So he rips one perfect up the left side and when we finally get to it he is nearly to the green, GPSed at 370 (no cart path). Clearly the conditions and slope assisted it but good god it was incredible! And we got up and down and won a skin, so even better!

Playing with Arydolphin in Springfield, MA last summer I hit a drive with my 3W that was GPS'd at 299. Of course he took driver and it was GPS'd at 368.

I've hit a drive about 100 yards backwards before. Hooked it straight into an old redgum tree and it shot off in the wrong direction. First time I've ever hit into a foursome and they were playing the hole behind me.
They had a pretty big laugh about it though after I was done apologizing to them.
now that is frikken hilarious hahaha... i might have to steal this story. can i call you my buddy ros? hahaha

now that is frikken hilarious hahaha... i might have to steal this story. can i call you my buddy ros? hahaha
sure why not.

Thought I'd add this one to this thread. I was playing with my uncle today who is a scratch golfer. He has always been a long ball hitter. We're standing on a slightly elevated tee laser said the pin was 340 yards away with a slight breeze coming back at us. He went up first and the ball carried to the front of the green then went straight through and into the bunker behind. Who knows how far it would have rolled if the bunker wasn't there. GPS measured 355 yards. He then proceeded to bomb every drive of the day. His shortest drive was 310 yards and that was only because it hit a tree and dropped.
He is an incredible ball striker, only reason he could never go all the way is his short game isn't great. Putting he is brilliant, driving and iron game is brilliant but from 100 yards and in he struggles (although most of us would be happy with the results he gets from there).

think somewhere in the region of 310-320...dogleg right to left par five (50 yeard bunker at 250-300 along the right side of the fairway)..set up to hit a hook off the tee (closed stance etc...) and nailed it...wind coming from right to left (asisting the draw/hook)...ball was 10-15 yards ahead of the bunker!!!..Obviosly a bit of a fluke...normal long would be around 280 (when I am hitting it well), but I guess the wind assist plus the hook/overspin woud've given me a fair amount of run.

Longest one I have clocked with a GPS was 318. Of course the fairway sloped down towards the green where I landed, but I'll take all the help I can get.

Thanks to a cart path and some down hill roll, 347 yards total. It ruined the rest of my drives for the round though, I tried to kill it every time after that and was infini-slicing every ball I touched.

in one round i got a 321 and a 309 both were downwind into firm fairways

Two summers ago, I drove a 365 yard par 4 with a slightly elevated green in a scramble thanks to a helping wind. I also hit a drive we measured at 380 with GPS, thanks to a helping wind a hard pan waste area. Yesterday I had 180yds in a 520 yard par 5 (again helping wind). If only I could bottle those swings!!!

Thanks to a cart path and some down hill roll, 347 yards total. It ruined the rest of my drives for the round though, I tried to kill it every time after that and was infini-slicing every ball I touched.
I just laugh each time I see you post and your avatar comes up...........so great.

Was at a local course yesterday in the great weather, and was on hole #2 playing from th eblack Tee's book yardage was 318, GPS had us at 327, My t shot landed 4 feet from the pin so Im gonna say around 320 is the longest I have drove a ball, I was pretty stoked green in one on a par 4.

Was at a local course yesterday in the great weather, and was on hole #2 playing from th eblack Tee's book yardage was 318, GPS had us at 327, My t shot landed 4 feet from the pin so Im gonna say around 320 is the longest I have drove a ball, I was pretty stoked green in one on a par 4.

I hope you didn't three putt :alien:

As for me I had two bombs but while I didn't get exact yardages they were up there in distance. They both got huge bounces which is nice since typically my bad just hit and rolls maybe 3 yards

Well, I GPS'd one at 265 the other day. I think I hit one further yesterday, but I didn't measure it. I don't really care as long as I'm not badly short like last year.

Like 330 slightly downhill. I don't usually hit driver much more than 260, but to the green was 350 and all I had to do was pitch it over the small pond. Needless to say, not sure I'll hit on that far any time soon, again.

330ish. I normally drive around 275-285. But every now and then I pop one (usually when I'm not trying to).

I hope you didn't three putt :alien:

LOL, ALmost Chosen,,,I 2 putt it stopped just at the hole I jumped up and down a couple of times hoping for a rol, but got nothing...

I have a new long drive record.

318 yards! (Measured by GPS)

Downhill to a long flat and downhill to the green, I wound up 67 yards from the hole. I think it had to have hit the cart path, but no one heard it. I don't care though, it beat my previous best by 36 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back