Lawrence

Reaction score
Handicap
Just needed some advice on weather I have the right shafts in my ProCombos or not, I was looking at a video of myself and wondered if there was to much flex, considering its an 8 iron.
Here is a screen shot of the video:
4d674fa8-49a8-1cec.jpg

I have a fitting on Wednesday, but just wondered.

It's an illusion produced by the camera.

Forgot to say - bad shot is a hook, and the current shaft are the DG S300

What type of height do you have on your hook? Snap hook? Sometimes a hook indicates it's too much shaft. Well I've heard differing opinions haha. If its too weak you will usually see them ride out high and right.

What type of height do you have on your hook? Snap hook? Sometimes a hook indicates it's too much shaft. Well I've heard differing opinions haha. If its too weak you will usually see them ride out high and right.

Hook with irons = shaft is too light, the flex is too soft or the lie angle is off.

Think about it this way Tmex: If the shaft is too soft is it going to twist more or less? Which way does a golf club twist in a swing for a righty due to centripetal force and what does that do to the face of the club coming through the ball?
Throw that out when we start talking about longer clubs though.

Hook with irons = shaft is too light, the flex is too soft or the lie angle is off.

Think about it this way Tmex: If the shaft is too soft is it going to twist more or less? Which way does a golf club twist in a swing for a righty due to centripetal force and what does that do to the face of the club coming through the ball?
Throw that out when we start talking about longer clubs though.

Not always. Most of the time yes, but there really are no hard and fast rules due to swings being different. Part of that depends on turf interaction properly and how steep the swing is.

It's not an a massive hook, it's not a low hook but at the same time not as high as my normal ball flight, I have X in my driver and hitting that with almost no shape or a soft draw.

Back