Will You Be Better?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We are getting close to golf season for most of the members (a month or so). Do you think that this year you will get better? Last year I kind of regressed, and really have been working hard to get my game back.

Where do you think your game will be and where will it go for this season?

I thought you'd never ask :D

I am really feeling this year. My swing feels completely different and for the better. I have almost gotten rid of my chipping shanks, and I'm playing almost a new bag this year. Going to the range all winter has really helped me improve and stay fresh all year.

I get an early jump on the season March 27th which will be great for my game. I basically improve every year though. I'll see my handicap in the 5's for sure.

I hope so. I had my best year ever last year but the end of the year was a little disappointing. So I think I left a lot of room for easy improvement.

I sure hope so. I'm going to make every effort to see it happen. My predominant focus will be lessons. I plan to set up a weekly lesson regimen if I can find a pro I like working with (rather than putting the money in my bag [ehem, scooter]). I came a long way last year, for all my complaining about missing it heavy and slicing driver, and by the end of this year, I really hope to move at least as far again. The sad truth is, there's plenty of room to improve!

I hope to be better this year want to play bogey golf which on my course is a 43 on the front and a 41 on the back the best that I did on both but not one consecutive round was 48 and 44 so I was close we will see I pick up the tour edges tomorrow YAY !!!!

i think this year will be great. i have a really great tournament schedule and a lot of new opportunities, like visiting colleges and meeting coaches and such. as for my game, i am hoping to get my handicap back down around 2 by the start of summer, and then get scratch or better by the end of summer, which are both do-able. as for gear, all i really need right now is a 15* 3 wood for days when the tour spoon isnt beneficial

I think my ball striking will improve but I'm going to have to put some serious time into my short game to lower my hanicap.

I think this year I will be better then last, swing has changed, and I've gained distance and accuracy. If I can drastically improve my putting this season I can definitely see myself getting to scratch by the end of the year.

I better be a few strokes better. This will be the first year I will be playing with a "fitted" set of clubs. :banana:

Definetly better. I now understand why things go wrong with my swing and how to fix them when they do.
I also have a much better understanding of how to hit my driver as well as with pitching and chipping.
I had several breakthrough rounds towards the end of last year and I expect to be a 10-15 handicap by the end of this year.
Im really looking foreward to the start of golf season!!!!

I want to be positive so I'll say yes, I see myself progressing. My game has gotten better progressively until the end of last year. I'm hoping I can make the changes I plan to my swing to get better.

Since I will be missing at least the 1st 2 months of the season & may have to rework my swing, I am going to say worse. Hoping to get it back by august/september but you never know.

Started off in the 120-130 range 2 years ago,Partners called me "gimme a ten"
Got better last year with most rounds in the 95-97 range.Lowest I went was 90.
I could see that my 3 and 4 putting was killing me.Working hard on getting a putting stroke this winter.I hope this year I'll break 90.We'll see.Bottom line is no matter what my score I always find pleasure in golf.It beats the hell out of yard work.

I will definitely be dropping my index... this off season I discovered a hybrid stack and tilt swing (thanks hammer!) and I have been hitting the ball pretty consistently with my scoring irons. The membership I have this year will allow me to play every day... so I am beyond excited!

I'm going to be getting so much better this season that some of you might see me playing on tv. :golf:

:alarm goes off:

I plan to get better. I will no longer be able to use the excuse that my clubs are far behind technology. I see me progressing this season. Will I shave 10 strokes? Probably not. Will I limit my bad shots? Probably. Things will really come around once I get my driver/3 wood shots perfected.

I am very, very, very excited about this year. Did I say very to many times? I have worked hard this winter on strength training, flexibility, short game, and small swing changes. Everything seems to be coming together. I know that I am stronger and more flexible. Also, my practice routines are showing improvements. I feel that I can shave 3-4 strokes off of handicap this year. My first tournament is March 7th. I will start preparing for it this weekend and next week.

I am very, very, very excited about this year. Did I say very to many times? I have worked hard this winter on strength training, flexibility, short game, and small swing changes. Everything seems to be coming together. I know that I am stronger and more flexible. Also, my practice routines are showing improvements. I feel that I can shave 3-4 strokes off of handicap this year. My first tournament is March 7th. I will start preparing for it this weekend and next week.

Good luck with your tourny. Let us know how it goes!

I'm feeling good this year... But then again I feel good at the start of every season :p
I like where my short game is at the minuite (lots of practice over the winter) so hopefully the long game won't take too long to knock the rust off of.

I never had game before, so hopefully I'll get some game this year and be worrying about it one year from now!
I am looking forward to this season SO MUCH! I feel I'm literally on that peak of the mountain ready to be decent and be where I want, not where I'd love to be. If I can go out and break 90 consistently I'll be happy. I intend to shoot for mid 80's every round by late summer...or better. We'll see, but I gurantee my rear will have fun no matter what!

I'll probably be worse. My game has seen about 10 added strokes because I've been golfing so little lately.

I'd darn well better...

I've worked hard on improving my mechanics these last few months, now I need to work on converting that into better scoring.

I think this year I will be better then last, swing has changed, and I've gained distance and accuracy. If I can drastically improve my putting this season I can definitely see myself getting to scratch by the end of the year.

You really think you can drop 8 strokes in a year? It's do-able, but a really tough goal. Good luck!

I will definitely be dropping my index... this off season I discovered a hybrid stack and tilt swing (thanks hammer!) and I have been hitting the ball pretty consistently with my scoring irons. The membership I have this year will allow me to play every day... so I am beyond excited!

Nice DD, way to go with the membership!

Back