Hank Haney Project on GC

The show looks pretty good to start. I understand now how Charles got such a bad swing which is great that they included that huge introduction of Barkleys golf game. I love Charles' quote "I haven't gotten a ball above my head in 10 years." I actually really feel bad for the guy, he seems like he is actually trying hard and spectators are laughing at him.

PS- did anyone watch the Amazing golf videos? Pelz drained a 200ft putt.

I agree -- so far so good! I'm actually looking forward to this. Maybe because I can relate!

I am as well. It is the best that TGC could hope for. Good ratings mean more quality shows, so I am rooting for it.

Spoiler
Looks like Nike suited Barkley up good. Look at that. Also, his swing looks better already, damn that was quick!

He has been a nike guy from his NBA days, so far I'm liking it. Barkley is charismatic, he should keep it entertaining. I would love to have Haney as an instructor, that would be unbelievable.

I think people see his horrible golf swing and forget that he is a WORLD CLASS athlete. Sure he is out of shape. But sacrifices to get better are not new to him.

That was awesome!!! I give Barkley huge applause. His dedication and his work ethic is simply amazing. He hit over 1000 balls in the first day, and he didn't give up. He wasn't complaining or crying or anything. He just kept hitting those balls no matter what. It even rained and he stayed out there.

I felt bad when people are laughing at him. He looks like such a great guy. The show was actually pretty funny too the comments that I heard.

PS- Why are they repeating the same episode again?

Watched the program earlier. I thought it was entertaining. Barkley's dedication was amazing. I applaude him.

I wish I had the time to practice 12 hours. I also wish I had the money to have my coach work with me 12 hours per day.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to do a special, 1-hour first episode, rather than devote an hour of airtime to run the same 1/2 hour clip twice?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to do a special, 1-hour first episode, rather than devote an hour of airtime to run the same 1/2 hour clip twice?

I was wondering the exact same thing, isn't that stupid how they set that up? I was expecting an hour of that, that was great stuff.

I loved Barkley's quote about Tiger "He is a flash in the pan.... his hair is rapidly leaving us".

I thought it was an entertaining first show. Besides the work involved, it looks like they have fun with each other. Barkley's a crack-up.

I enjoyed it. It was pretty funny.

It was cool that they filmed here in Dallas.

1,000 balls per day would be a whoopin'. I know that Tiger does it, Hogan did it, so did Trevino; but still, that's a heck of a hot of golf balls to whack.

The most I've hit was about 300 I think. Let's see, two rounds of golf, a short warm up at the range before hand, yep, about 300 swings. Ha ha. Just kidding.

When I visited my brother-in-law's club, I had access to free range balls. let's just say I took full advantage. I doubt I hit more than 3 or 4 large buckets -- or about 300 balls -- a day, however.

I enjoyed it. It was pretty funny.

It was cool that they filmed here in Dallas.

1,000 balls per day would be a whoopin'. I know that Tiger does it, Hogan did it, so did Trevino; but still, that's a heck of a hot of golf balls to whack.

I hit about 1,000+ balls a day in the summer. I'll tell ya, it takes a toll on my hands, callus upon callus.

Then you should be just as good as Tiger :D

One would think. But I think his swing and coach are a bit better then mine. Let alone the practice conditions.

Just watching a replay of the first episode, the look on Charles' face when Hank is describing a "Tiger" day is hilarious.

I don't think I'd even survive a Tiger day. Well, maybe I'd survive but I sure would be sore.

I don't think I'd even survive a Tiger day. Well, maybe I'd survive but I sure would be sore.

Me too, according to Mr. Haney the only two people in the world that practice like that are Tiger and Charles.:D

Something tells me that Sir Charles didn't do the 7-9 am workout before he showed up at Haney's Place. :D

And he looked whipped at the end of that first day. (I would too.)

Anybody know where I can still view this and not have to wait for the replay on GC?

No way I'd survive. This back can barely handle our 6 round / 4 day death march in Myrtle Beach any more. 1,000 practice balls? No thanks.

My hat is off to Sir Charles for making it through.

Back