2009 Cleveland Launcher Hybrid/Iron Set

ActionJackson8

KAHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone seen these or heard anything about them? TGW has them listed as coming soon, with no pic however. The CG website has nothing on them though, some mentions here and there on various sites but nothing of substance.

Your wish is our command.

Cleveland® Golf/Srixon® is pleased to announce the introduction of their Launcher® Driver Ultralite Edition and Launcher® Irons.

The Launcher® Driver Ultralite Edition has been designed to give more distance for slower swingspeed players, while still possessing the attributes of the standard Launcher® driver. The new Ultralite Edition has a 30 gram lighter overall clubweight and a 12 degree high-lofted head. With an ultralite 40 gram Graphite Design shaft that is also an inch longer (46.5”) than the standard model and a lightweight (38 gram) Winn Grip, this club is specifically designed to maximize distance for players with swingspeeds under 85mph. The Launcher® Driver Ultralite Edition will carry a street price of $299 and begin shipping March 1, 2009.

The new Launcher® Irons combo set consists of Launcher® Hybrids in the longer irons (3, 4 and 5) and new Launcher® Irons in the shorter irons (6-PW). These hybrids are Cleveland® Golf’s first traditional hybrid design which features a classic, Tour-driven shape. With an 11% larger face compared to any previous Cleveland® model, the Launcher® Hybrid’s face is among the biggest in the market and helps provide a larger hitting area for increased forgiveness. The new Launcher® Irons’ oversized-face design provides 52% more Face-to-CG Depth compared to traditional irons, a factor which not only helps increase launch angles, but also increases ball speed and improves shot consistency on off-centered hits. The thicker topline inspires added confidence at address, while the offset helps create consistently straighter shots. The Launcher® Iron combo set boasts Extended Horseshoe Perimeter Weighting, which extends weight outside the base chassis to help produce lower and deeper CG and higher MOI for optimal ball flight and increased forgiveness, all while minimizing loss of distance on off-center shots. The Launcher® Iron combo set (8 pieces) will carry a street price of $599 (steel) and $699 (graphite) and will begin shipping on April 1, 2009. As an introductory incentive, Cleveland® Golf/Srixon® is running a limited promotion offering consumers a free promo-stand bag with the purchase of any set of Launcher® Irons.

Your wish is our command.

Cleveland® Golf/Srixon® is pleased to announce the introduction of their Launcher® Driver Ultralite Edition and Launcher® Irons.

The Launcher® Driver Ultralite Edition has been designed to give more distance for slower swingspeed players, while still possessing the attributes of the standard Launcher® driver. The new Ultralite Edition has a 30 gram lighter overall clubweight and a 12 degree high-lofted head. With an ultralite 40 gram Graphite Design shaft that is also an inch longer (46.5”) than the standard model and a lightweight (38 gram) Winn Grip, this club is specifically designed to maximize distance for players with swingspeeds under 85mph. The Launcher® Driver Ultralite Edition will carry a street price of $299 and begin shipping March 1, 2009.

The new Launcher® Irons combo set consists of Launcher® Hybrids in the longer irons (3, 4 and 5) and new Launcher® Irons in the shorter irons (6-PW). These hybrids are Cleveland® Golf’s first traditional hybrid design which features a classic, Tour-driven shape. With an 11% larger face compared to any previous Cleveland® model, the Launcher® Hybrid’s face is among the biggest in the market and helps provide a larger hitting area for increased forgiveness. The new Launcher® Irons’ oversized-face design provides 52% more Face-to-CG Depth compared to traditional irons, a factor which not only helps increase launch angles, but also increases ball speed and improves shot consistency on off-centered hits. The thicker topline inspires added confidence at address, while the offset helps create consistently straighter shots. The Launcher® Iron combo set boasts Extended Horseshoe Perimeter Weighting, which extends weight outside the base chassis to help produce lower and deeper CG and higher MOI for optimal ball flight and increased forgiveness, all while minimizing loss of distance on off-center shots. The Launcher® Iron combo set (8 pieces) will carry a street price of $599 (steel) and $699 (graphite) and will begin shipping on April 1, 2009. As an introductory incentive, Cleveland® Golf/Srixon® is running a limited promotion offering consumers a free promo-stand bag with the purchase of any set of Launcher® Irons.

Not another super long shaft? Ugh.

Thanks for that JB.

Not another super long shaft? Ugh.

No doubt.

icon13.gif

No doubt.

icon13.gif

Yeah it's odd that this Driver will be geared as a game improvement club to those struggling but it comes with the longer shaft. My XL from 2007 was at 44.5" I think.

AJ,
The 09 Burner is longer too and I have to say it is one of the easiest drivers I have ever hit. Review coming soon.

AJ,
The 09 Burner is longer too and I have to say it is one of the easiest drivers I have ever hit. Review coming soon.

I'm wondering if they will release a Composite version as they have done in the past.

JB do you think they will let you review the new Combo set, would be interesting to see how it stacks up against Adams and Nickent.

Im sure they would. I will email them and ask.

Very cool. Thanks again for getting the press release.

I think I may wait until I can try these out before I order my X-22 tours, I can get these and other CG stuff at a really hard rate to pass up, and as my ego goes lower the game improvement aspect is more appealing.

I cant wait to see the full review on the Launcher Hybrids!

Longer shaft = bad. Being a shorter golfer, this is out of the question unless I get it cut down, which leads to weight issues.

Longer shaft = bad. Being a shorter golfer, this is out of the question unless I get it cut down, which leads to weight issues.

Floppy that driver wouldn't be for someone like you anyways. It's targeted to "senior" players with SLOW sing speeds.

Flop is an old man with a slow swing speed...:D

I guess Floppy has a double meaning. I'm in Orange County, California right now, which is where the Cleveland HQ is, I would love to go by there. Pass by it all the time.

They are one of our favorite companies to deal with.

Cleveland Golf really appears to be making a mark on the golf market. I just will they would come out with a different look in their driver, woods, and hybrids.

Just got word that these will be at our offices shortly.

Cleveland Golf really appears to be making a mark on the golf market. I just will they would come out with a different look in their driver, woods, and hybrids.

They did release the more classic/traditional looking Launcher line this year.

They did release the more classic/traditional looking Launcher line this year.

True. IMO, I wish they would offer numerous customizations like Callaway, TM, Nike, etc. I personally don't like their gold and red shafts. Also, wish they had a line that offered more tour style offerings (open faces) in their drivers, woods, and hybrids.

They do CG. Like the Monster Tour.

Back