2nd Annual Pacific Northwest Get Together

That would be nice. I played yesterday up here and it was gorgeous so if I can bring that weather down with me, bonus/

I've heard tell that since the greens are so big there that bump and run shots are the key to getting into a decent or better putting position. Truth?

Where did you play yesterday, Tuna? I played Kingslinks on Saturday (rained on us on the back 9) but decided not to play yesterday since I thought all the fairways would be soaked...and then it was sunny and warm all afternoon. Ah well, got my clubs turned in to be reshafted - had to happen sometime.

I haven't played Chambers, but from looking at photos, it looks a lot like other links courses like Bandon...lots of low shots for sure but if the fairways are kept tight, you may also find yourself choosing putter from 100' away or more. Strange to get used to if you haven't done it before but massive swales notwithstanding, putting from that far away usually gets better results than pitching or chipping. Then again, with your sweet Scor wedges, you may not be able to resist...

That would be nice. I played yesterday up here and it was gorgeous so if I can bring that weather down with me, bonus/

I've heard tell that since the greens are so big there that bump and run shots are the key to getting into a decent or better putting position. Truth?

The key is being on the correct side of the hole or on the right tier on the green in most cases. Up and downs are tough, and you need to leave approach shots a couple of yards short because the greens don't allow for much spin so they hop, check, and roll out a few feet.
There are some downhill putts that you cannot possibly leave a putt short. I have putted off the green into the fringe 75* away from the hole to use contours and get it close. It really is awesome the amount of imagination you can use at Chambers.

Where did you play yesterday, Tuna? I played Kingslinks on Saturday (rained on us on the back 9) but decided not to play yesterday since I thought all the fairways would be soaked...and then it was sunny and warm all afternoon. Ah well, got my clubs turned in to be reshafted - had to happen sometime.

I haven't played Chambers, but from looking at photos, it looks a lot like other links courses like Bandon...lots of low shots for sure but if the fairways are kept tight, you may also find yourself choosing putter from 100' away or more. Strange to get used to if you haven't done it before but massive swales notwithstanding, putting from that far away usually gets better results than pitching or chipping. Then again, with your sweet Scor wedges, you may not be able to resist...

Burnaby Mountain. It was wet even in the afternoon, some of those "fairways" were mud pits. I also forgot just how much I hate walking that course. You have to be half billy goat for some of those holes.

I have indeed heard that often times it's better to putt from quite a ways out as the seperate between "fairway" and "green" is pretty hard to distinguish.

TH: Sounds like a lot of fun. I like those holes where crazy like a fox does just as well or better then standard practices.

UPDATE ON THE NW OUTING FESTIVITIES!

If you are all willing to throw $10 into a raffle, we at NW players Academy and Cleveland/Srixon Golf, would be willing to put up a Cleveland Black or Classic Driver (winner's choice) as a raffle item as well as some balls and hats. On top of that, we will put up a closest to pin prize which will either be a wedge or a putter. To do this, we will need a good percentage (or all) of our group to participate in the $10 entry fee. I think it is more than fair at a chance to win a 2012 Cleveland driver (retail is $300+), and be entered in a KP contest for an awesome putter or wedge. I am trying to gauge interest in this and would appreciate it if you guys will respond with your interest level. If there is a high level of interest, a couple of you or your buddies will be walking away with some 2012 Cleveland equipment.

Raffle sounds good to me. Me+1 are in

If you are all willing to throw $10 into a raffle, we at NW players Academy and Cleveland/Srixon Golf, would be willing to put up a Cleveland Black or Classic Driver (winner's choice) as a raffle item as well as some balls and hats. On top of that, we will put up a closest to pin prize which will either be a wedge or a putter. To do this, we will need a good percentage (or all) of our group to participate in the $10 entry fee. I think it is more than fair at a chance to win a 2012 Cleveland driver (retail is $300+), and be entered in a KP contest for an awesome putter or wedge. I am trying to gauge interest in this and would appreciate it if you guys will respond with your interest level. If there is a high level of interest, a couple of you or your buddies will be walking away with some 2012 Cleveland equipment.

Count me in! This keeps getting better and better.

I am do excited for this announcement! TJ I just cannot thank you enough for taking this get together to another level! Not only does it look like we are going to have an epic golf day full of great friends and great weather, but not we might have our own little Masters tournament equipped with awesome prizes! I hope everyone chips in! Thanks again TJ (tomahawk)!

Wow! ofcourse im in! i dont see how anyone could say no to this....

So far so good. If the positive comments and support for the raffle keep coming, we will have a raffle with some ultra cool Cleveland/Srixon prizes. We may even have a Never Compromise sighting. Don't forget that we also will have demo clubs to hit before the round. Looking forward to Saturday!

My group us in

We're all so stoked to come out for this. I know at least 3 of my group are in for the raffle/pin contest.

Any chance one of my group could play a set of CG16 tour irons in a stiff? He's considering buying them and I told him I'd ask (even one club could work).

I'm so bummed I'm not going to be able to make this. I just have been slammed with work recently. You guys are gonna have a blast and it's just not fair LOL. Hope you guys all enjoy and I'll be making sure I make the next one!!!

We're all so stoked to come out for this. I know at least 3 of my group are in for the raffle/pin contest.

Any chance one of my group could play a set of CG16 tour irons in a stiff? He's considering buying them and I told him I'd ask (even one club could work).

I am pretty sure that will be a possibility. Unfortunately, I will not know exactly what is coming in until Friday when we pick the demo shipment up. We are local authorized Cleveland sellers and if any of you (including friends) are looking to purchase in the future, we will build to spec and/or fit you to a set and give special pricing.

It's gonna be a blast boys. Bring your cameras and comfortable walking shoes...its a hike.

My group will probably get there around 7:45am but I'm trying to rally them earlier.

It's gonna be a blast boys. Bring your cameras and comfortable walking shoes...its a hike.

My group will probably get there around 7:45am but I'm trying to rally them earlier.

cmoors, I am checking into your PM and will get back to you. Weather is still looking good (upper 50's and partly cloudy).

I am pretty sure that will be a possibility. Unfortunately, I will not know exactly what is coming in until Friday when we pick the demo shipment up. We are local authorized Cleveland sellers and if any of you (including friends) are looking to purchase in the future, we will build to spec and/or fit you to a set and give special pricing.

Intriguing.
I'm certainly keeping this in mind...

I figure my feet will just go numb and become forgotten about at some point heh. 7 to 10 milesish is what I've been told depending on who I ask.

Myself and my +3 are all interested in the Raffle/KP. Thank you TH and Cleveland/SRI

Sweet guys. Looks like somebody is winning a new driver and whoever can get it close on either 9 or 15, a wedge! This is going to be a blast!

Intriguing.
I'm certainly keeping this in mind...

I figure my feet will just go numb and become forgotten about at some point heh. 7 to 10 milesish is what I've been told depending on who I ask.

So last time I made the mistake of hitting it crooked, then bringing a hybrid up the mini-mountains trying to hit out of wet 8-inch grass.

Tuna, if you can hit it straight...its a 7 mile. If you hit it like I do, its a 10 mile including multiple mini climbs. After the 9 I literally sat down and briefly considered quitting. Afterwards I went straight to the clubhouse bar and washed the day away with some good scotch.

I've played some pretty good looking courses (Kapalua, Torrey Pines, Pebble, Bethpage)...this course honestly was the prettiest. I've never seen anything like it.

Dr. Teeth, Tomahawk, all you guys...thank you for setting this up and for bringing the toys. I love THP.

So bummed I cant make it. Hope you guys have a blast!

Dr. Teeth, Tomahawk, all you guys...thank you for setting this up and for bringing the toys. I love THP.

No problem man. It's going to be fun!

The weather is looking perfect... Hurry up and get here Saturday

This is going to be awesome, I can't wait! Just in case anyone hasn't looked, here is the current forecast. I hope it stays this way!!!

43a8d371-6b6f-ad54.jpg

Back