NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Jose has a career .912 save percentage and a GAA under 3.00 in the playoffs. It's not great, though each time his team goals have been down. Not saying he is amazing, just wanted to point out that he's not terrible in the playoffs.
This is over 51 playoff games as well.

How many cups?

How many cups?

You really did not read my entire post. Didn't say he was great, just that he has decent stats in the playoffs for a guy who has always played on low scoring teams.

You really did not read my entire post. Didn't say he was great, just that he has decent stats in the playoffs for a guy who has always played on low scoring teams.

I read your post. You missed my point. No cups. Brodeur has played on historically low scoring teams. Devils will walk through Florida with no problem.

I still don't get how Florida is a playoff team this year.. I was expecting them to be terrible.

Tapatalking from my iPhone

Look at the division. They are terrible. So is the rest of their division.

I read your post. You missed my point. No cups. Brodeur has played on historically low scoring teams. Devils will walk through Florida with no problem.

You're trying to compare arguably the greatest goalie of all time, to a guy who is no where near that. I was trying to give a guy some credit who has DECENT stats in the playoffs.

You're trying to compare arguably the greatest goalie of all time, to a guy who is no where near that. I was trying to give a guy some credit who has DECENT stats in the playoffs.

Decent doesnt win championships. Ask Philadelphia.

Decent doesnt win championships. Ask Philadelphia.

Did I say they were going to win the cup?

Did I say they were even going to make it past the first round?

I simply brought up his stats in the playoffs because you said neither of their goalies have ever played well in the playoffs. Hockey is a team sport last I remember.

Did I say they were going to win the cup?

Did I say they were even going to make it past the first round?

I simply brought up his stats in the playoffs because you said neither of their goalies have ever played well in the playoffs. Hockey is a team sport last I remember.

Yes it is a team sport, but goaltending can 100% lose a series for you. Again, ask Philly. Clemmensen has never played in the playoffs to my knowledge anyway.

Not arguing with that point.

Point being, they have a goalie who has experiences and decent stats. Never once said that meant they were going to win. Just giving the guy some credit.

Not arguing with that point.

Point being, they have a goalie who has experiences and decent stats. Never once said that meant they were going to win. Just giving the guy some credit.

Well stop giving him credit..haha

We all have our faults.

haha I could be like a Montreal fan right now and bring up the question of who has won more cups, but I don't want to go to that low of a level. I'll leave that to the Habs fans.

The Devils have fans??

How many times have either done it in the playoffs? They are faultering under the pressure down the stretch and they are a soft team. I would rather play them than anyone else in either conference of the playoff teams.

I find it hilarious you think any hockey player is soft. How are you quantifying that? Number of fights? If so, the Devils only have 8 more than Panthers. I guess you think the Red Wings are soft too with a league low 15 fights?

I find it hilarious you think any hockey player is soft. How are you quantifying that? Number of fights? If so, the Devils only have 8 more than Panthers. I guess you think the Red Wings are soft too with a league low 15 fights?

They are all finesse and no grit. SOFT. Thats why they havent been able to win a game in crunch time to clinch the division.

Haha, everyone hates the Penguins. I love it.

2 out of how many years has he been in the league?

Those were just the years they finished 1st and 3rd in GF. They finished second in 1999, 9th in 1998. By and large, I think the Devils as a low-scoring team is a bit of a misconception. Around the millennium, they were a high scoring team and in the years prior and after they were at least among the top 15 teams. It's really only after the lockout that they've struggled.

Playing spoiler might be my favourite part of the season.. The jackets denied Colorado a win last night and with it their hopes of making the playoffs. Awesome.

Playing spoiler might be my favourite part of the season.. The jackets denied Colorado a win last night and with it their hopes of making the playoffs. Awesome.

Torts had another whine fest. I dont disagree with what he said but he is such a whiner. Every game he is complaining about something.

Haha, everyone hates the Penguins. I love it.

I don't think it's necessarily hate, but Tortorella makes some very good points about as an organization they have been very vocal about dirty play/hits and then they were on the other side of the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back