Weekend Tour Wrapup

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
That was a tough read, had to read it at least twice in some cases, and I believe it is called the World Golf Championships-CA Championship. Not to sound mean but not your best work Julie. Plus not one mention of Tiger??? I know it may take away from Phil to mention TW, but we are talking about one of the greatest players ever, back playing like his old self and even giving chase for the title at one point had a few more putts fell.

• Admin
I did not mind it. I like her quick hits writing style. I only saw Doral, so this got me all caught up.

On Tiger:

JB asked me, at first, to write a paragraph or two on each tour. By the time I was on paragraph three for the PGA tour, I decided to delete my "Tiger Watch" part. I agree he's arguably the greatest player ever (career isn't even over yet) ... but I also intentionally don't include players unless their game earns them that (IE a top three finish, holding a lead for a day or more, or holding a record). That way, no one is upset that their favorite player isn't mentioned when someone else's is.

But you're right, there are probably folks wondering...I will go add something. :smile:

I agree he's arguably the greatest player ever (career isn't even over yet) ... but I also intentionally don't include players unless their game earns them that (IE a top three finish, holding a lead for a day or more, or holding a record). That way, no one is upset that their favorite player isn't mentioned when someone else's is.

I understand, hard to fit it all in to quick blurbs about the tours, and if you read my first response I never said Tiger was "the greatest player ever", simply that he is "one of the greatest players ever", big difference. I would imagine that his play had a lot of people watching and seemed to me it would be note worthy. If you ask for comments they may not all be positive, not that I was trying to be negative, just giving my opinion, I'll go back to my corner now....

I'll go back to my corner now....

No no, I just found it funny that I had put a Tiger Watch in there and taken it out. :smile: I think he's arguably the greatest player ever. One day I'll likely take out the arguably part.

I don't want anyone to ever be upset that a player isn't mentioned. If I wrote what I really wanted, y'all wouldn't read it. (It would be only about Camilo and Padraig, every week. Hehe! I'd never write about Phil. He drives me nuts. Just once I'd like to see him win a tourney playing his best on Sunday.)

I feel Julie's article was a nice break from all of the Tiger hype around us. It actually felt nice to read something without Tiger's name mentioned. Well done Julie.

I agree with Craig, no effence at all, but I felt the article lacked a bit of flow. But I really liked what you covered and an A+ for not including Tiger :D

For you guys, my next one will be beyond stellar.

Good coverage. Great job!

Back