Courses in San Antonio, Texas

allenpc28

Reaction score
Handicap
None
Going to San Antonio for a week or so next month and are wondering some good courses to play while down there.

La Cantera is a good resort...they have 2 courses there Former home of the Texas Open
TPC San Antonio has 2 courses and just hosted the Valero Texas Open

I still love The Quarry....course built inside an old rock quarry and cement factory....Lots of great cliffs and ravines...even a 40 foot waterfall.

only course in SA i have played is the republic . i played right after a massive storm blew through so it was wet and soggy but it was a very nice layout i thought.

Olympia Hills and Silverhorn, both have tough layouts, always in great shape.

TPC, though expensive, is in good shape. Oaks is where the Texas Open was just played. Canyons is where the Champions tour plays their event in the fall.

La Cantera courses should be in decent shape. Haven't played either course in months, but if you had to play one of the two, the Palmer course is better than the Resort course in most people's opinion. (Resort course was the old host of the Valero Texas Open though.)

Quarry is neat, also usually in pretty good shape.

Republic has been a little iffy with the shape of their greens lately. Pecan Valley is closed.

Olympia Hills and Silverhorn, both have tough layouts, always in great shape.

TPC, though expensive, is in good shape. Oaks is where the Texas Open was just played. Canyons is where the Champions tour plays their event in the fall.

La Cantera courses should be in decent shape. Haven't played either course in months, but if you had to play one of the two, the Palmer course is better than the Resort course in most people's opinion. (Resort course was the old host of the Valero Texas Open though.)

Quarry is neat, also usually in pretty good shape.

Republic has been a little iffy with the shape of their greens lately. Pecan Valley is closed.

good to know .. i gave them a pass because it had been overseeded recently and raining like crazy so didnt look like they had been able to cut it lately.

La Cantera is a good resort...they have 2 courses there Former home of the Texas Open
TPC San Antonio has 2 courses and just hosted the Valero Texas Open

I still love The Quarry....course built inside an old rock quarry and cement factory....Lots of great cliffs and ravines...even a 40 foot waterfall.

The Quarry is a lot of fun, do it now before it gets too hot. I love the resort course at La Cantera some of the views are amazing.

The Quarry is a lot of fun, do it now before it gets too hot. I love the resort course at La Cantera some of the views are amazing.

Yeah, down in that stone quarry it gets really dang hot! I love #17 just a really cool hole.

I played TPC San Antonio last year in a tournament. It rocked. Hang out by the pool a bit, hit the waterslide, then hit the course. Come back, float around the lazy river and check out bikinis. It's better in the summer I would think.

I played the TPC San Antonio Canyons course last year, fun layout but it was in shat shipe I didn't have to pay for it, because the $250 would have been a waste.

The Quarry is fun but Brackenridge Park is another public course that has a lot of history. Instead of LaCantera, I prefer the three nines at the Hill Country Hyatt. Although they have never hosted any professional tournaments, they pack a fair amount of bang for your buck.

I played the TPC San Antonio Canyons course last year, fun layout but it was in shat shipe I didn't have to pay for it, because the $250 would have been a waste.
What time of the year?

Just got finished playing the Palmer Course at La Cantera and man is it fantastic! Amazing views and hills and beautifully manicured. One of the best tracks in Texas IMO...at least for the money. (Maybe it was the fact that with storms yesterday I was the only one on the course and it was a gorgeous 75 degrees this morning. :)

I ended up playing the TPC San Antonio course which was really nice but I also played the Hill Country Golf Club course twice, which in my opinion was better and a ton cheaper.

The Bandit which is just outside of SA is a pretty nice course. Play there a lot since its close to school for me.

Back