Good courses to play near Plano,Tx

trae*

no post ***** aka"active"
Reaction score
Handicap
What say you DFW area guys? Some coworkers and i will be up in Plano for a training session in June and looking for a nice course to play in nearby . Let me know

Pecan Valley was nice, sure it's in benbrook but it's next to the lake.(My sister lives in FT. Worth so I'm always up there) Not too expensive either.

Get ahold of Nate, he lives in Frisco, not to far from Plano, I am sure he can give you the rundown on all the courses close to there. I know there are lots of good ones in McKinney about 20 miles north of Plano.

Castle Hills would be my pick. About $75 on a weekend to play but it's a really nice track with some bent greens. Hank Haney just recently took his academy over there and they have put a lof of $$$$ back into the course. It should be in really nice shape.

Twin Creeks is in Allen but just northeast of Plano. Nice track as well.

The Tribute is in the Colony and is like a Tour 18 except a collection of British Open holes. Gonna pay $100 for a weekend.

But my pick would be Castle Hills.

see I told you Nate would know....LOL

I forgot that Haney just moved his stuff to Castle Hills

I haven't been there in awhile but I heard they are completely redoing Chase Oaks...when is it supposed to be done?

see I told you Nate would know....LOL

I forgot that Haney just moved his stuff to Castle Hills

I haven't been there in awhile but I heard they are completely redoing Chase Oaks...when is it supposed to be done?

No idea...played there once and didn't care for it much. Had a couple of nice holes and then some holes you just scratch your head at. It can only get better!

No idea...played there once and didn't care for it much. Had a couple of nice holes and then some holes you just scratch your head at. It can only get better!

Yeah it was kinda weird....I played there right after it opened,..I still lived in McKinney back then.....I think D.A. Weibring is in charge of the reconstruction

Yeah it was kinda weird....I played there right after it opened,..I still lived in McKinney back then.....I think D.A. Weibring is in charge of the reconstruction
Did you ever play the Mckinney County Club? I have not but hear it's a decent track.

Thanks Nate.... we will be hitting it on the weekday so hopefully that saves a few bucks

Thanks Nate.... we will be hitting it on the weekday so hopefully that saves a few bucks
You can probably find some good deals there for the weekday then. Try their website or maybe golfnow????

Did you ever play the Mckinney County Club? I have not but hear it's a decent track.

yeah, but it was years ago. I played mostly at a little muni somewhere outside of Allen...I can't remember the name of it for the life of me...but it was cheap and I was broke back in those days...LOL

this the same castle hills?

http://www.thelakesatcastlehills.com/home

they jacked the prices up if so lol
Yep, that's the one. Looks like the Hank Haney name is expensive! That is the price for the all inclusive. I'm sure they have a cart/green fee only price. Another course is called Coyote Ridge in Carrollton. Probably under $50 on the weekdays.

Yep, that's the one. Looks like the Hank Haney name is expensive! That is the price for the all inclusive. I'm sure they have a cart/green fee only price. Another course is called Coyote Ridge in Carrollton. Probably under $50 on the weekdays.

cool thanks Nate i will check into those .. the only other one i had on the list so far was indian creek

cool thanks Nate i will check into those .. the only other one i had on the list so far was indian creek
Lots of trees and a pretty tight course. I think they have 2 courses....maybe a 3rd now?? Price is good there as well.

Lots of trees and a pretty tight course. I think they have 2 courses....maybe a 3rd now?? Price is good there as well.

just looked at coyote ridge it looks nice .. in good shape?

just looked at coyote ridge it looks nice .. in good shape?
It usually is and with all the rain this area has had (including today) it should be really nice. The front 9 is ok but the back 9 is really nice.

I like Coyote Ridge - good track and they have a new fancy clubhouse, good sub$50 rates on weekdays as Nate mentioned. Check them out.

I like Coyote Ridge - good track and they have a new fancy clubhouse, good sub$50 rates on weekdays as Nate mentioned. Check them out.
They do have a really nice Pub/Restaurant for the 19th hole!

awesome may be the one we hit up. looks good and is in a good location near plano for us i think

Nate does the back 9 on coyote have alot of elevation ? read that its built in an old quarry or something.

Nate does the back 9 on coyote have alot of elevation ? read that its built in an old quarry or something.
A little bit on a couple of holes, one par 4 goes up and then comes straight down on a par 3. 17th hole is a bit downhill as well. Lots of trees on the back 9, combines with the slight elevation makes it a really nice backside.

A little bit on a couple of holes, one par 4 goes up and then comes straight down on a par 3. 17th hole is a bit downhill as well. Lots of trees on the back 9, combines with the slight elevation makes it a really nice backside.

how about texas star? kinda out of the way for our trip but from what i have seen online it looks nice.

Back