Swing speed vs ball compression vs distance??

I tried the Bridgestone ballfitting when they came to my club last year.

They let me hit my ball on their launch monitor 3 times and then their suggested ball.

I CLEARLY snaphooked all three of my first shots because I was nervous and over swinging. I calmed down a little and hit the ball they recomended with better swings. I told the guy, "It felt like I really mishit my first couple shots. Do you think my poor swings had anything to do with the numbers?"
His response, "All I can tell you is what the machine says, and it says the Bridgestone is the better ball. NEXT!" He said the ball I was using had way too much sidespin and suggested one of the Bridgestone rocks for me. Of course it had a ton of sidespin, I snaphooked it!

I really feel like they should have someone who can watch your swing and make sure that you have a good baseline with your ball before letting the computer suggest a ball for you based on poor numbers.

I'm sure a true Bridgestone ball fitting would be much better. I wouldn't recommend the free 30 second ball fitting they do during their touring demo days.

They let me hit my ball on their launch monitor 3 times and then their suggested ball.

I CLEARLY snaphooked all three of my first shots because I was nervous and over swinging. I calmed down a little and hit the ball they recomended with better swings. I told the guy, "It felt like I really mishit my first couple shots. Do you think my poor swings had anything to do with the numbers?"
His response, "All I can tell you is what the machine says, and it says the Bridgestone is the better ball. NEXT!" He said the ball I was using had way too much sidespin and suggested one of the Bridgestone rocks for me. Of course it had a ton of sidespin, I snaphooked it!

I really feel like they should have someone who can watch your swing and make sure that you have a good baseline with your ball before letting the computer suggest a ball for you based on poor numbers.

I'm sure a true Bridgestone ball fitting would be much better. I wouldn't recommend the free 30 second ball fitting they do during their touring demo days.

That's sad but expected.

Wait, are you blaming the ball fitting on your bad swings?

Wow, we have been to dozens of these live events and watched TONS of ball fittings and I have never seen one like this. They are always patient, work with the person and have them hit both balls to get accurate numbers from both the current ball and the Bridgestone ball they think would be best. In fact they have always had a person warm up before beginning the fitting to make sure they get quality swings.

Im sorry yours did not go as well as you anticipated, but this is truly shocking. Do you have the time and date you went? I would like to notify the company so that they can make sure this does not happen again. All fittings are data recorded and they can pull it up and make sure that in the future this does not happen.

I am not blaming my bad swing at all. He used the numbers from bad swings to determine that my current ball has too much spin off the driver. If you are going to let the computer do ALL the analysis, you should at least give it decent information.

JB, I will check with my club about the date from last year. I can see how they felt rushed as there were probably 50 people on the range (there was another vendor on site as well). The 2 gentlemen doing the ball fitting were VERY lazy. All of the other vendor reps that I have worked with during demo events at my club have been very good. You can always tell that they are passionate about their product and want to do everything in they can to make sure you have a good experience.

PM Sent about date.

If their "ball fitting" is similar to their online program or chat program, yes it is too far.. Both "recommend" their top end ball regardless of your distance..

jmho

I've done the online fitting a number of times, putting in different preferences for green side spin vs accuracy and the majority of time the e7--not one of their premium balls--is recommended for me. The one option that seems to have the most influence on the ball recommendation, if none of the other options are not changed, is what ball you select as your current gamer. In other words, if you put in that you currently play a Pro V1 or another premium ball, Bridgestone will recommend one of their premium balls; if you say you are currently playing gaming a non-premium ball, it will recommend a non-premium ball. It's a actually a pretty intuitive system if you think about it. I would suggest changing what type of ball you are currently playing and see what they recommend. Of course, I could be wrong about all of this.

Every time I tried to go to a Bridgestone fitting in Colorado they are either at private country clubs, or the one I could get to I walked up and said I wanted to try it. They said what time are you booked for? I said huh, I guess if you were in the " know" with the pro shop then you get a time 10 mins. If not and you saw it online and just showed up you wasted your time. There was nothing listed on the list online. I asked for a few demo balls to take to try out since I didn't know about having to book ahead. I was told no as well as the other 40-50 that showed up and didnt know as well. I have not look at a Bridgestone since. Figured I would just stay loyal to my ball I play now ( any one on sale) it's much easier. I can only tell a difference on how they perform on the green. Or how mushy they feel when I hit them.

I tapped that

Back