Deerfield GC in Newark DE

I live in Elkton, MD which is right next to Newark DE and if you travel up I95 its the last MD exit before going into Delaware and through that dumb $5 toll that is always backed up. Im a native Texan dude and the motherland calls me back. I just cant leave yet lol.

Nate's course dares you.

I live in Elkton, MD which is right next to Newark DE and if you travel up I95 its the last MD exit before going into Delaware and through that dumb $5 toll that is always backed up. Im a native Texan dude and the motherland calls me back. I just cant leave yet lol.

If it isn't too personal, what brought you up here? Job?

Those are some of tightest shuttes I have seen, better hit it straight. Looks so lush

That course looks great. Thanks for posting great pics.... My parents are moving to Delaware and I will be visiting when they do so do you know how far this course is from Lewes? Thanks

That course looks great. Thanks for posting great pics.... My parents are moving to Delaware and I will be visiting when they do so do you know how far this course is from Lewes? Thanks

You'd be looking at about an hour and 45 mins of travel.

probably close to 2 hours - Deerfield is in the extreme northwest corner of delaware - almost on the PA line. But worth the trip and very different than the downstate delaware courses

You'd be looking at about an hour and 45 mins of travel.

Thats not too bad. Thanks for the response. Do you know of any other courses near the Lewes,DE area that are work playing?

This past Saturday morning golf4life and I played this course for the second time this year. We both love it. Its not real long but dang it if it isnt challenging and lots of fun. I took a couple pictures with my phone since the course is in perfect condition and the day was beautiful. I'll try to get a few other holes next time we play it.

I think this is hole #5. Its even tighter then it looks.

I think this was #7.

This is the #10 tee box view. Yeah... wow

I think this is #14 from the downhill FW into the green. Not a flat lie anywhere on this course.

Forget which hole # this was.

Same hole coming into the green.

OHHH MANNN let me know next time any of you are going to play Deerfield, that is in my back yard,,I actually can see the golf course from my desk, I work right next to it, and I ive 10 mins away from it,,, it is a great course, and yes challenging to say the least, they always keep it in great condition

JB not for sure where in NJ you are but its not far from the del mem bridge if your anywhere near there.

in that area are some great courses Baywood in Long Neck DE, Bear Trap(27 holes) , Ocean View DE, Peninsula (sort of private but easy to get on) and you are not far from all of the courses near Ocean City - Lighthouse SOund, Glen Riddle (2 courses), Rum Point.

KMAC your right down the street from where I live,, I play at Patriots glen also which in is Elkton, that course ins't to bad either, not for sure if you have played there yet or not, it is worth trying out, has a few nice holes.

Also you can avoid that $5 toll if you get off the exit in elkton before that you can follow newark/elkton rd right into newark and to deerfield, and if your coming the other way you can get off the 896 exit and take that right into newark and to deerfield, sometimes that toll get backed up miles especially on nice weekend with alot of beach travel

KMAC your right down the street from where I live,, I play at Patriots glen also which in is Elkton, that course ins't to bad either, not for sure if you have played htere yet or not, it is worth trying out, has a few nice holes

Yeah dude we'll have to get together for some golf. Ive played Patriots a ton of times, I hate it LOL. When its in good shape its a nice course and like you said has some nice holes. Its been going downhill the last few years though. And if youre not hitting the straight ball it will eat you alive. Greens were not in very good shape last time I played it. And the other Elkton course, Bittersweet or Bittersh*t as we like to call it is about to get shut down. Not surprised by that one at all.

Awesome I am going to have to check some of those out. Thanks

Yeah dude we'll have to get together for some golf. Ive played Patriots a ton of times, I hate it LOL. When its in good shape its a nice course and like you said has some nice holes. Its been going downhill the last few years though. And if youre not hitting the straight ball it will eat you alive. Greens were not in very good shape last time I played it. And the other Elkton course, Bittersweet or Bittersh*t as we like to call it is about to get shut down. Not surprised by that one at all.

Yeah i agree the first few times I played patriots it was good but it has went downhill some, OHHH yeah bittersh** I understand that,,that course has changed management every year for the past 4 years now, the owners now are trying to get it together but it is in need of a BIG TIME manicure.... you might want to look at the chesapeake courses northeast and rising sun, I have played the NE course its pretty fun it has some challenging holes, well atleast for me, but I havent played the RS course yet.

yeah definitely like to get together sometime and play

Lots of nice courses down at the beach. A lot different from the upstate courses but in a good way.

If your near the beach area, they have a few courses, I think The Rookery would prob be the best course around there, I havent played it, i pass it all the time when I go to the beach, and I always say im playing that course next time, LOL might want to take a look at that course it looks pretty awesome

Patriots used to be a fantastic course -but a few ownership changes and it went downhill. I know they are trying to bring it back but it takes time.

Bittersweet(the old Brantwood) is on its last legs. I had some time Sunday and showed up there at 9:30 and played as a single. a couple of groups ahead of me and no one ever came up behind me.

They recently lost their liquor licenses and i guess their lawn mowers must have run on the alcohol because you could lose your ball in the fairwary the grass was so high. They too have had several ownership changes and a bankruptcy along the way. I think it is too far gone to recover but....

Both of those coruses are 5 minutes from my house.

Yeah i agree the first few times I played patriots it was good but it has went downhill some, OHHH yeah bittersh** I understand that,,that course has changed management every year for the past 4 years now, the owners now are trying to get it together but it is in need of a BIG TIME manicure.... you might want to look at the chesapeake courses northeast and rising sun, I have played the NE course its pretty fun it has some challenging holes, well atleast for me, but I havent played the RS course yet.

yeah definitely like to get together sometime and play

They opened a "nightclub" in the Bittersh*t clubhouse without getting proper approval or whatever you have to do. That got shut down and now the course is in danger too from what Ive heard.

Dude a few years ago Patriots was real nice. Now the fairways are so so and the greens are recovering. That course is so unforgiving though and not nearly as fun as WCC or Deerfield. I play it because its close.

Ive played the Northeast course now a couple times this year. I like that course. Its in great shape and its never busy, bonus bonus. Rising Sun is nice too but its more old school and always busy. Have you played down at Backcreek any? Nice course and tough too.

They opened a "nightclub" in the Bittersh*t clubhouse without getting proper approval or whatever you have to do. That got shut down and now the course is in danger too from what Ive heard.

Dude a few years ago Patriots was real nice. Now the fairways are so so and the greens are recovering. That course is so unforgiving though and not nearly as fun as WCC or Deerfield. I play it because its close.

Ive played the Northeast course now a couple times this year. I like that course. Its in great shape and its never busy, bonus bonus. Rising Sun is nice too but its more old school and always busy. Have you played down at Backcreek any? Nice course and tough too.

yeah the last owners from bittersweet rolle dout with the carts and lawnmowers, they have a limited stock of equip there. They had underage bartenders and yes the nightclub has issues so they lost the license. crazy

I havent played backcreek yet, I have played frogs hollow a few times, , I try to play all the different courses around me like hour to hour half away, I like NE course too nad yes it rarely gets crowded I think they all play the RS course which is good, alot of lumber hanging around NE course I have lost many a ball there when I first started playing.

Another course some friends and I just played 2 weeks ago and it was a pretty nice set up for a course had some crazy holes, and that is Furnace bay in Perryville,

If your near the beach area, they have a few courses, I think The Rookery would prob be the best course around there, I havent played it, i pass it all the time when I go to the beach, and I always say im playing that course next time, LOL might want to take a look at that course it looks pretty awesome

Thanks, funny you mention Rookery because when I was there last I told my fiance that course looks awesome and I would love to play it. Next time she is going to the spa and I am hitting the links for sure.

Thanks, funny you mention Rookery because when I was there last I told my fiance that course looks awesome and I would love to play it. Next time she is going to the spa and I am hitting the links for sure.

You will probably play it before me, please let me know how it goes, that is one course on my list I havent been able to check off yet.LOL but it will get checked off at some point.

You will probably play it before me, please let me know how it goes, that is one course on my list I havent been able to check off yet.LOL but it will get checked off at some point.

Yeah man will do.

I have played it... it's pretty nice, it can get beat up in the summertime. As I remember, it isn't overly difficult.

yeah the last owners from bittersweet rolle dout with the carts and lawnmowers, they have a limited stock of equip there. They had underage bartenders and yes the nightclub has issues so they lost the license. crazy

I havent played backcreek yet, I have played frogs hollow a few times, , I try to play all the different courses around me like hour to hour half away, I like NE course too nad yes it rarely gets crowded I think they all play the RS course which is good, alot of lumber hanging around NE course I have lost many a ball there when I first started playing.

Another course some friends and I just played 2 weeks ago and it was a pretty nice set up for a course had some crazy holes, and that is Furnace bay in Perryville,

I played Furnace once and said Id never go back. Awful course and in terrible condition. Dirt tee boxes and fairways.

I've played it plenty of times and while not difficult it's a nice track that it well maintained. It's open pretty much every shot but wind plays a big factor..
Something totally different from Deerfield GC haha

Back