The driving distance thread

Curious...does it count as a 200 yard drive if you hit 150, then it hits a cart path and rolls back towards you another 50 yards? Cause I've done that...:angel:

Oh my goodness that reminds me of something that happened to my mom. She was playing in a scramble, and they got to a par 3 that was over a little creek. Well the far edge of the creek was about 150 yards. So she tee'd up, hit the ball, it flew to the far edge of the creek, hit a rock and came flying back at the tee box. The ball ended up literally just a few feet from her.

Reactions: JB
:smile: Oh I will, thanks. I can do around 185 right now.

1) Avg. about 290-300
2) When i stripe it i can hit about 310-5
3) Dont remember.

avg. 150
best 165
ball flight terrain following extremely low slice

Curious...does it count as a 200 yard drive if you hit 150, then it nails a bridge and flies back towards you for another 50 yards? Cause I've done that.

No, think physics.

Total displacement would be 100 yards. :D

I'm pretty sure she was joking and being self-deprecating.

The average driving distance for the PGA pro's so far during the Bay Hill event is 281.8 yds. Says a lot to me.

Dyna,
Keep in mind that that course is designed for shorter tee shots and has almost zero roll with the exception of a few holes. They are also playing into a strong wind the last few weeks in FL. Bayhill will only have 1-2 holes that are downwind today if it keeps up. Similar to Transitions where the average was about 280 as well. Because the course is incredibly tight.

Dyna,
Keep in mind that that course is designed for shorter tee shots and has almost zero roll with the exception of a few holes. They are also playing into a strong wind the last few weeks in FL. Bayhill will only have 1-2 holes that are downwind today if it keeps up. Similar to Transitions where the average was about 280 as well. Because the course is incredibly tight.

I noticed that last night while watching the event. Can't recall which hole is was but it was something like a 410 yd par 4. Tiger tee's off & with his 2nd shot he still had 150 to the pin. Sounded really messed up that he would only have a 260yd drive.

Back