Powerbilt Air Force One Unboxing

It shouldnt leak nitrogen because its got an epoxy coating inside of the clubhead and they pressure test it at the factory.
Im guessing none of you guys were ever bored enough to actually watch the infomercial on TGC?

Only negative I see is the CLOSED looking face and for sure the going rate. I'd try one for the right price.

My thought's exactly, that clubhead looks really closed.

1 to 2 degrees depending on the model.

1 to 2 degrees depending on the model.

Not too bad, but that picture makes it look more then 1 or 2 degrees.

it actually doesnt look bad at all. im VERY curious about this thing

For people who slice their drives, a slightly closed face isnt a bad thing.

All I want to say is that a video will be included in this review. Because this thing is different. It sounds exactly like being at the little league world series. Makes sense since Power Bilt is in conjunction with Louisville Slugger. It is the exact same sound.

Initial thoughts are that the driver is quite nice. Forget the Nitrogen part, it may or may not add anything. But the driver performs quite well.

The science behind it is interesting. Probably all thats holding it back is that its not one of the major "name brands" (Callaway, Titleist, Taylormade).

We will find out in testing Bake. It definitely reminds me a little bit of when Nickent came out with the Evolver and Titleist mentioned that consumers should not need that kind of tinkering. That it should only be in the hands of the fitters. Now interchangeable shafts are everywhere. I am sure part of that is because Titleist is very green grass, but only the future knows for sure.

It shouldnt leak nitrogen because its got an epoxy coating inside of the clubhead and they pressure test it at the factory.
Im guessing none of you guys were ever bored enough to actually watch the infomercial on TGC?

How could the nitrogen possibly leak when the head is closed? :wink:

Anyway, I haven't seen the commercial or anything, but this seems to me to be very gimmicky. I always had the understanding that the air we breathe (and what I presume is inside most driver heads) is already made up of a substantial portion of nitrogen. So, any benefit from going fully nitrogen would be negligible. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
How could the nitrogen possibly leak when the head is closed? :wink:

Anyway, I haven't seen the commercial or anything, but this seems to me to be very gimmicky. I always had the understanding that the air we breath (and what I presume is inside most driver heads) is already made up of a substantial portion of nitrogen. So, any benefit from going fully nitrogen would be negligible. I could be wrong though.

You are right about that, I totally forgot that the air we breathe is made up mostly of nitrogen. So maybe it doesn't have much of a difference at all compared to just having regular air inside it.

Actually it is the same reason car companies and repair shops are filling tires with Nitrogen.

Actually it is the same reason car companies and repair shops are filling tires with Nitrogen.

Yeah, I don't understand it there either. Hmmm, sometimes I forget I have this vast source of information (or misinformation) at my fingertips...

I think I'll research this a bit...

hindenburg.jpg

Spoiler
I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell for that one.

Naw
that keeps it from fogging up .Binoculars and riflescopes have been nitrogen filled for years

I think this is just a marketing gimmick. Probably just a decent driver.

can you say... gimmick?

haha

Yes, the 2008 Nicklaus driver we reviewed. The driver performed horribly with over 16 people testing it.

Yes, the 2008 Nicklaus driver we reviewed. The driver performed horribly with over 16 people testing it.

JB, which one? Dual Point what?

That's the one, I almost bought one of them and the real closed face was a big turn off.
.5*-1*I can almost deal with, but more than that I have a hard time.

They told us 2*, but it seemed more like 5* because of the weighting.

Yeah, I don't understand it there either. Hmmm, sometimes I forget I have this vast source of information (or misinformation) at my fingertips...

I think I'll research this a bit...
Nitrogen is more stabile than the air in the atmposphere, so the inside air pressure doesnt chance as much when the outside air temperature changes.

Back