Introducing Swingbyte

Same here! I'm glad i'm not the only one. Please let me know if you hear anything. I sent an email to swingbyte support this morning but havent heard back yet.

There's some type of glitch going on that a Swingbyte rep is looking into. My shipper information airbill was electronically created 16:22 last Saturday and I was given a DHL tracking number (and an e-mail from Swingbyte that "Your Swingbyte Has Shipped!"), but there's been no further tracking updates. I called DHL this morning and they say the package hasn't been released to them yet. I purchased the unit on 4/26.

Same here! I'm glad i'm not the only one. I sent Swingbyte an email this morning but havent heard back yet. Please respond back if you hear anything. Thanks

That's what I was implying to use it for. I did see the clip on your blog that shows the comparision with the hitting bay system and it was pretty spot on. But yes, for the most part, I would assume that this devise would be used more for club angle during the golf swing and club path. Would that be accurate?

got it.

it's all accurate, it's just a matter of what the point of reference is. the problem with club path and face angle is that a stationary system will measure it relative to the target line you set with it, we'll measure it relative to the club. that means that if your club is slightly open at address (and a few degrees is very slight to the human eye), you'll see different absolute numbers. that said, you should see internal consistency.

Same here! I'm glad i'm not the only one. I sent Swingbyte an email this morning but havent heard back yet. Please respond back if you hear anything. Thanks

So here's what I just received from Swingbyte support:
Hi Peter,
Thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry for the delay! Your Swingbyte has been dropped off with DHL-- we're aware of the shipping issue and we're working with DHL to have it resolved as quickly as possible. As soon as we have an updated ETA for your Swingbyte we'll let you know. Thanks again for your patience, and please let us know if you have any more questions.

View attachment 4585
Got it today and it pairs with my iPad and iPhone but gives not swing data even when the device is recognized by the app. Yes I did download the latest app updates to each device and neither ended up picking up swing data. iPhone even asked to recalibrate the swing yet and still no data appeared.
Any advice???
Thx

View attachment 4585
Got it today and it pairs with my iPad and iPhone but gives not swing data even when the device is recognized by the app. Yes I did download the latest app updates to each device and neither ended up picking up swing data. iPhone even asked to recalibrate the swing yet and still no data appeared.
Any advice???
Thx

Just noticed that the putting advice was to use a real ball. I was just trying to get it to record swings without a ball... Is a ball and an actual strike necessary to record a swing??
Will scour the website...
Hope the crew at the outing is having a blast... and since you guys can't do launch monitor comparisons I will have mine up possibly Sunday but probably next week. (as soon as I get it to work).

Just noticed that the putting advice was to use a real ball. I was just trying to get it to record swings without a ball... Is a ball and an actual strike necessary to record a swing??
Will scour the website...
Hope the crew at the outing is having a blast... and since you guys can't do launch monitor comparisons I will have mine up possibly Sunday but probably next week. (as soon as I get it to work).

Hi Sangoram,

Yes - you need to make contact with something for it to register a swing.

thanks,
alex.

Anyone else have a DHL tracking number that "is not found" with DHL on the website?
Ordered March 13
Supposedly shipped May 15

Anyone else have a DHL tracking number that "is not found" with DHL on the website?
Ordered March 13
Supposedly shipped May 15

is it not found or "shipping information received"?

if it's "received", it's an issue with DHL that we're working through. if it's not found, you may have been given a wrong tracking number - shoot an email to [email protected]

I've had mine for a few days and have encountered a few snags along the way but finally got it recording swings, which I think was a problem with the app. Last night I went out and had it on my SW, 5i, and Driver. I noticed looking at the data for the swings that I had to really try to exaggerate a out-n path to get it to register as such. Once I get my video camera on Monday I will be able to post a side by side video and Swingbyte swing see exactly what is happening. Another thing is that my swing speed was not registering correctly, usually about 30mph below what it should be. Here are some pics for you all. I was getting around 68 on my SS for my driver and that was my normal 85% driver swing and I wanted to see if I could get it to register my real SS, and swung out of my shoes and got it up to 76, which is still about 30 mph slower than what I can normally do if I really go for it as my normal SS is 100 and up to 108 if I get after it.

First couple pics are of a 5i 3D swing:

ad6c6649.jpg

93038218.jpg

Pic of swing history and basic information:

784d5efc.jpg

Next 4 pics are of 2 different swing with my Driver:

ab20d2af.jpg

76b20f7e.jpg

d7e96538.jpg

e109a1cb.jpg

Taking it out to the course today. Any advice from you guys that have already registered some swings with it have on getting started, i.e. things to watch out for or make sure I'm doing to get it going? Thanks and looking forward to adding some feedback later on tonight.

Hey runpudrun,

The first couple of swings look odd - are those the ones you were trying to go way out to in on? Also - I shot you an email through the support site.

I've had mine for a few days and have encountered a few snags along the way but finally got it recording swings, which I think was a problem with the app. Last night I went out and had it on my SW, 5i, and Driver. I noticed looking at the data for the swings that I had to really try to exaggerate a out-n path to get it to register as such. Once I get my video camera on Monday I will be able to post a side by side video and Swingbyte swing see exactly what is happening. Another thing is that my swing speed was not registering correctly, usually about 30mph below what it should be. Here are some pics for you all. I was getting around 68 on my SS for my driver and that was my normal 85% driver swing and I wanted to see if I could get it to register my real SS, and swung out of my shoes and got it up to 76, which is still about 30 mph slower than what I can normally do if I really go for it as my normal SS is 100 and up to 108 if I get after it.

First couple pics are of a 5i 3D swing:

ad6c6649.jpg

93038218.jpg

Pic of swing history and basic information:

784d5efc.jpg

Next 4 pics are of 2 different swing with my Driver:

ab20d2af.jpg

76b20f7e.jpg

d7e96538.jpg

e109a1cb.jpg

Have you figured out what the issues were with the swing speed readings? Being off 30mph is a big deal.

The 5 irons swing planes are near vertical. It is either a setup problem, or, the device needs to re-calibrated.

Spent a good couple hours on the range with my swingbyte and had no issues. Hit about 20 shots with the 9 and 20 with the driver. It was eye opening. My numbers are about what I thought but some other things have me thinking about some things. I'll try to get some video up later and some thoughts on what I would love to see on future updates.

Spent a good couple hours on the range with my swingbyte and had no issues. Hit about 20 shots with the 9 and 20 with the driver. It was eye opening. My numbers are about what I thought but some other things have me thinking about some things. I'll try to get some video up later and some thoughts on what I would love to see on future updates.

Looking forward to your thoughts ans video....trying to decide if I really need one of these or not.

I don't know what the deal is with the near vertical swings, or my SS being way off, but Swingbyte has been very responsive and I should have a new one today sometime and will update you all with how it works out.

I don't know what the deal is with the near vertical swings, or my SS being way off, but Swingbyte has been very responsive and I should have a new one today sometime and will update you all with how it works out.

Glad that the customer service has been great for you...looking forward to if the new unit solves your problems.

folks - those of you with shipments stuck in DHL-land, re-check your tracking numbers. they should have started moving.

folks - those of you with shipments stuck in DHL-land, re-check your tracking numbers. they should have started moving.
Yes, FINALLY started moving. Its still half way around the world but at least its moving. Cant wait!

Downloaded the app...appears to be no restrictions as to it working outside CONUS. So I just need the little gadget!

Mine appears to have stopped working. Can not get a bluetooth sync anymore. I'll contact support.

Back