Women like flashy cars

Would this be a flashy enough car for a teenager? :D

Well, when I was a teenager, I had the pleasure of driving a dark brown '88 Buick Century with a luggage rack on the trunk lid (the paint was also oxidizing on it). Used to joke that the luggage rack was a spoiler and the car was nicknamed the "Studmobile."

Despite all the deprecating humor, it wasn't too bad of a car. R.I.P. "Studmobile." (It was totaled in 2001 in an accident when I was hit from behind by a Jeep Wrangler.)

Last edited:
1st car = 1979 Oldsmobile Delta '88 4-door.

Bad tranny, cracked block, bigger than a station wagon, faux leather roof, press the gas peddle and the gas gauge went the opposite direction of the speedometer.

Wienermobile aside, I don't get the attraction.

Cars should get you (and your stuff) from point A to point B. As anonymously as possible.

Hence my Volvo.

First car:

micro_scooter_bullet.jpg

Well, when I was a teenager, I had the pleasure of driving a dark brown '88 Buick Century with a luggage rack on the trunk lid (the paint was also oxidizing on it). Used to joke that the luggage rack was a spoiler and the car was nicknamed the "Studmobile."

Despite all the deprecating humor, it wasn't too bad of a car. R.I.P. "Studmobile." (It was totaled in 2001 in an accident when I was hit from behind by a Jeep Wrangler.)

DUDE! Me too! An 88 Century!

That car was the bomb!

Mine was totaled in 2001 when I was struck by a Jeep.

Spoiler
82-88_Buick_Century_sedan.jpg

Not my car, it was brown/gold, but that's the car.

DUDE! Me too! An 88 Century!

That car was the bomb!

Mine was totaled in 2001 when I was struck by a Jeep.

Spoiler
82-88_Buick_Century_sedan.jpg

Not my car, it was gold, but that's the car.

There's no way both of you had the same car totaled in the same year by the same car...

unless I'm missing something. :beat-up:

Nope. Looks like it's the same story.

SteveHatesCans.jpg

He hates these cans 1988 Buick Centuries!!!

johnson-navin-r.jpg

"The new phonebooks are here!!!"

No? Nothing?

Spoiler
Its a scene from "The Jerk" where Steve Martin gets all excited because the new phone books are here and he thinks he's a somebody because his name is in the phonebook. But at the same time, a psycho with a rifle picks a name at random, Steve Martin's character, out of the new phonebook and starts shooting at him. Martin thinks he's shooting at the cans.

Anyway, I just imagined some dude in a Jeep driving around looking to run into any 1988 Buick Century he could find, and it reminded me of that scene.

:confused2: Yeah, sometimes it's probably better just not to ask.

Defnitely better not to ask.

I used to drive a 82 Honda civic station wagon that I called the "Love Machine". I bought it for 500 bucks, the thing was far from the pick up mobile but it could still get it done. It all matters what kind of girls were talking about.

Nobody else noticed that Mia Lee got a really bad lip job?

Spoiler

Anyway, I just imagined some dude in a Jeep driving around looking to run into any 1988 Buick Century he could find, and it reminded me of that scene.

AAAAhhhh...OK.

That Jeep guy was a total jerk, too. After he hit me, he sued me for 50,000.

Spoiler
I just killed him in court.

You can find it in this trailer. No need to search for it, it's OK to watch it all. Yes, it's stupid!

[YOUTUBE]cMJgC0ZidLg[/YOUTUBE]

Who is Mia Lee (Googling now)? I must have missed the connection to this thread.

Nevermind.

Who is Mia Lee (Googling now)? I must have missed the connection to this thread.

Nevermind.

Great. He made me Google, but I still don't get it. Cheetah Girls? Total Claire moment here.

This is coming from someone who never owned a car before marriage, so my pop cultural illiteracy is particularly pronounced here.

Great. He made me Google, but I still don't get it. Cheetah Girls? Total Claire moment here.

This is coming from someone who never owned a car before marriage, so my pop cultural illiteracy is particularly pronounced here.

She's the news anchor woman in the video link.

The link in the original post.

I figured that part out. Just not interested enough to go back and look.

Probably would have been more clever if I'd had the faintest idea who she is (sorry G-man, that's not aimed at you).

The new Tesla Model S.

teslas02.jpg

Back