Major Fist Bump To Mizuno Golf

Good stuff, Jeff. Where was this demo day?

That is wonderful that an employee would go out of his way to help you like that. I wish all of them were that great!

That Mizuno Shaft Optimizer is a pretty awesome tool. Its a no nonsense, highly accurate tool to help you get fitted to the right shaft. You just need to check your ego at the door because chances are the shaft that you THINK is your shaft probably wont be the shaft that the MSO recommends.

That Mizuno Shaft Optimizer is a pretty awesome tool. Its a no nonsense, highly accurate tool to help you get fitted to the right shaft. You just need to check your ego at the door because chances are the shaft that you THINK is your shaft probably wont be the shaft that the MSO recommends.

Yeah, it was neat. Actually, it kicked my ego up for me. I have been playing S flexes my entire life and it said I needed an X. I told Ralph, I would have never thought that and even he said, 75% of the time, it's the other way around for guys.

I sent an email this morning to Mizuno and asked them to please share my experience and thoughts with Ralph, as I think he deserves to know about the great job he did.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

I sent an email this morning to Mizuno and asked them to please share my experience and thoughts with Ralph, as I think he deserves to know about the great job he did.

Great that you did that, so often the attempt to give kudos is never done.

That's really great to hear, especially coming off some other recent horror stories. I've always loved using Mizuno for baseball and softball, might need to check them out again!

That's really great to hear, especially coming off some other recent horror stories. I've always loved using Mizuno for baseball and softball, might need to check them out again!

Me too! I had to buy all new gear last year, and, if it weren't for budget restraints, it would have been Mizuno all around. Ended up with their cleats tho.

I also play Mizuno irons, as I have yet to find an iron that matches in terms for feel for me. I am anxious to try their new stuff, but am putting it off until I can afford them. Jeff, glad to hear about your experience with their rep. I had a similar experience a few years back with a Cleveland rep, but I just didn't like anything that they were offering at the time. I hope Ralph is Mizuno's rep when I get around to going to a demo day to try their new stuff.

love reading these kind of stories...wtg mizuno!

I'll be at a Mizuno demo day tonight. Unfortunately I can only make it to the last hour. I'm hoping I have as good an experience as JRMO! I really want to spend some time with the MP-650 woods, MP-59s, and JPX-800 Pros.

Right in your neck of the woods, Doug. Mid-Rivers Mall Golf Links. St. Louis Golf Discount put it on. It was a pretty damn good event.

I remember seeing a couple advertisements for that. I will have to check it out next year.

I remember seeing a couple advertisements for that. I will have to check it out next year.

Hell man, I think they have one almost every month. I know they just had a big one in April, too. I missed the good stuff. Odessey was there on Saturday doing putter fittings, which I would have loved to participate in. It certainly wasn't THP Demo Day Big, but it was a pretty nice showing and I don't regret driving in for it. Going down the line, Bridgestone Ball fittings, Taylor-Made, Callaway, Cleveland/Srixon, Cobra, Mizuno, Adams, Tour Edge, Ping, and Titleist were all there.

IceMann, do the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer and let us know what it tells you. It is a very cool process and one I think you will very much enjoy.

Hell man, I think they have one almost every month. I know they just had a big one in April, too. I missed the good stuff. Odessey was there on Saturday doing putter fittings, which I would have loved to participate in. It certainly wasn't THP Demo Day Big, but it was a pretty nice showing and I don't regret driving in for it. Going down the line, Bridgestone Ball fittings, Taylor-Made, Callaway, Cleveland/Srixon, Cobra, Mizuno, Adams, Tour Edge, Ping, and Titleist were all there.

IceMann, do the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer and let us know what it tells you. It is a very cool process and one I think you will very much enjoy.

I forgot all about that. I definitely want to get on it.

I forgot all about that. I definitely want to get on it.

As Mizuno told me yesterday in their email to me (after I had sent them an email telling them what a great experience I had with them this weekend), they see the Shaft Optimizer as the most simplistic, accurate fitting tool out there today. It's pretty hard to argue with. I took a few swings, the data was put into the computer, recommendations were shot out and I started hitting better shots because I was hitting equipment that was right for me.

I wasn't too impressed with Mizuno's showing today at the demo day. Right when I arrived, he gave me a JPX-800HD iron to warm up with before hitting the shaft optimizer. They were all horrible shots and I felt embarrassed because I kept shanking and topping the ball. Eventually my swing came and I went on the optimizer. I hit three good shots and my results were as follows (going to note that my 6i SS came out at 80 MPH, which seems really low compared to my high driver SS): TT DynaLite XP S300, Project X 5.5, KBS Tour stiff-. I hit each shaft on the JPX-800 Pro head and had decent results with the TT, outstanding results with the PX, and slightly less (but still great) results with the KBS.

From this point is where I kind of got annoyed with the guy who was there as Mizuno's rep. I asked if he had the KBS 90s and started to explain THP and the testing that goes on, and he was intrigued by the idea but didn't think it sounded logical. I sure hope he looks us up tonight. He started talking about KBS shafts and said "KBS shafts are the cheapest made shafts for irons and aren't good because nobody on tour uses them and they all say they aren't that good. And most of the time when someone here tries them they don't like them." He didn't have the 90s, so it's still gonna be a surprise to me when I try them first for testing. He then asks me if I'm planning on going in and buying a set of irons and accuses me of just being over on the range to get free range balls using his stuff. I simply told him the truth: I like to try new equipment. And, I'm tight with the owner here and I'm a good customer, so they are probably just fine with me hitting balls over here.

I just asked him to set up a few different irons for me and spent the next 30 minutes with them while he worked with the only other guy that was there. I was really impressed with every single iron I tried. Honestly I couldn't go wrong with any of them. MP-59s with PX 5.5 were my favorites by a long ways.

I moved over to the woods and was very impressed with the MP-650 line. Hybrid was long and workable, 3 wood was comparable in distance and felt better with more workability. I'd probably go to say it was better than the RBZ. Driver was nothing special, as I've always thought of Mizuno (and most other) drivers of modern times. I really don't like the Orochi shaft simply because of feel. It performs great but just doesn't have a good feel to it.

Right at the end I asked to hit the MP-59s in PX5.5 He said he was watching me swing and thought I was nuts for trying to hit a blade. I was hitting better iron shots right then than ever in my life. I knew I'd impress him. I then asked if he'd put a KBS in it instead, proceeded to hit 10 beautiful, straight, near perfect shots in a row right before his eyes. From there I gave him the iron, shook his hand and said thanks for your help, and left before he said anything about what I just did. Overall, he was very informative and knowledgeable with the tech stuff, but biased and cocky with his opinions that he went out of his way to share with me.

I wasn't too impressed with Mizuno's showing today at the demo day. Right when I arrived, he gave me a JPX-800HD iron to warm up with before hitting the shaft optimizer. They were all horrible shots and I felt embarrassed because I kept shanking and topping the ball. Eventually my swing came and I went on the optimizer. I hit three good shots and my results were as follows (going to note that my 6i SS came out at 80 MPH, which seems really low compared to my high driver SS): TT DynaLite XP S300, Project X 5.5, KBS Tour stiff-. I hit each shaft on the JPX-800 Pro head and had decent results with the TT, outstanding results with the PX, and slightly less (but still great) results with the KBS.

From this point is where I kind of got annoyed with the guy who was there as Mizuno's rep. I asked if he had the KBS 90s and started to explain THP and the testing that goes on, and he was intrigued by the idea but didn't think it sounded logical. I sure hope he looks us up tonight. He started talking about KBS shafts and said "KBS shafts are the cheapest made shafts for irons and aren't good because nobody on tour uses them and they all say they aren't that good. And most of the time when someone here tries them they don't like them." He didn't have the 90s, so it's still gonna be a surprise to me when I try them first for testing. He then asks me if I'm planning on going in and buying a set of irons and accuses me of just being over on the range to get free range balls using his stuff. I simply told him the truth: I like to try new equipment. And, I'm tight with the owner here and I'm a good customer, so they are probably just fine with me hitting balls over here.

I just asked him to set up a few different irons for me and spent the next 30 minutes with them while he worked with the only other guy that was there. I was really impressed with every single iron I tried. Honestly I couldn't go wrong with any of them. MP-59s with PX 5.5 were my favorites by a long ways.

I moved over to the woods and was very impressed with the MP-650 line. Hybrid was long and workable, 3 wood was comparable in distance and felt better with more workability. I'd probably go to say it was better than the RBZ. Driver was nothing special, as I've always thought of Mizuno (and most other) drivers of modern times. I really don't like the Orochi shaft simply because of feel. It performs great but just doesn't have a good feel to it.

Right at the end I asked to hit the MP-59s in PX5.5 He said he was watching me swing and thought I was nuts for trying to hit a blade. I was hitting better iron shots right then than ever in my life. I knew I'd impress him. I then asked if he'd put a KBS in it instead, proceeded to hit 10 beautiful, straight, near perfect shots in a row right before his eyes. From there I gave him the iron, shook his hand and said thanks for your help, and left before he said anything about what I just did. Overall, he was very informative and knowledgeable with the tech stuff, but biased and cocky with his opinions that he went out of his way to share with me.

Sorry to hear that, dude. I really wish you had a better rep, because this dude sounds like he doesn't know jack crappola. KBS is a bad, low quality shaft? Really? Nobody on tour uses them? Justin Rose, Ernie Els, Phil Mickelson? What a dufus. You deserved better than that.

Sorry to hear that, dude. I really wish you had a better rep, because this dude sounds like he doesn't know jack crappola. KBS is a bad, low quality shaft? Really? Nobody on tour uses them? Justin Rose, Ernie Els, Phil Mickelson? What a dufus. You deserved better than that.

It was comical his views on KBS. I've never seen someone change iron shafts faster though.

Congrats on the RXF's by the way.

It was comical his views on KBS. I've never seen someone change iron shafts faster though.

Congrats on the RXF's by the way.

Thanks, man.

Do you remember your numbers from the shaft optimizer? BamBooBender started a thread on it, and I think we were encouraging people that went through the shaft optimizer to post their numbers, that way people can kind of have a baseline of what to expect based on numbers others have had. Plus, its kind of neat seeing what other people come up with and what it recommends.

Thanks, man.

Do you remember your numbers from the shaft optimizer? BamBooBender started a thread on it, and I think we were encouraging people that went through the shaft optimizer to post their numbers, that way people can kind of have a baseline of what to expect based on numbers others have had. Plus, its kind of neat seeing what other people come up with and what it recommends.

I glanced at the computer as he was entering them and all I remember seeing was 80 which was clubhead speed. He never told me the numbers or explained what they meant.

I glanced at the computer as he was entering them and all I remember seeing was 80 which was clubhead speed. He never told me the numbers or explained what they meant.

Dude, you had such a horrible rep. LOL. I hate to say it, especially after my experience. My guy went over each number with me and explained what it meant, even comparing my numbers to Donald, Howell and Byrd.

Dude, you had such a horrible rep. LOL. I hate to say it, especially after my experience. My guy went over each number with me and explained what it meant, even comparing my numbers to Donald, Howell and Byrd.

Don't know that I care about my numbers vs. a tour pro, but I would have really liked him to go over them with me.

Back