Ball fitting with Bridgestone

Glad they worked out well for you! Last year's ball is excellent, and worth picking up at half price in my opinion. The biggest difference between this year's and last year's is they introduced a dimple in dimple design this year that helps keep the ball straighter in windy conditions. The compression and feel of the ball should be very similar to last year's ball, and your distance gains should be about the same (outside of maybe hitting into the wind).
Great! I get a couple dozen last years ball and a 3-pack of this years for windy conditions.

If the weather is fine I will conduct a long driving test on the course this weekend. Late on Saturday it's usually very few people on the course which is perfect for testing and training in real conditions.

No dice on the ball fitting at the private event. Some really snooty people at that club, even had a referral from another club, but it was not posh enough I guess. Will "end rant" before it even begins. Will miss the public events next week but hopefully there will be more in the area soon.

No dice on the ball fitting at the private event. Some really snooty people at that club, even had a referral from another club, but it was not posh enough I guess. Will "end rant" before it even begins. Will miss the public events next week but hopefully there will be more in the area soon.

Well, at least you tried. I'd love to do a ball fitting, but they don't come to yooperland.

Just had my first ball fitting today. The Bridgestone guys were awsome and very insightful. I had tried the B330-RXS earlier this year and loved it but it felt the same as my Pro V1s that I get for free. They had me hit the B330-RX and I was 17 yards longer and 6 yards close to the center line. Ran into the pro shop and bought a dozen. The felt just as soft around the green as my Pro Vs too. I just need to get used to all my shots being one full club longer and closer to where I was aiming.

Actually going today. I currently use the e6 and would like to see how I hit the RXS.

Went to the fitting and hit all 4 of the B330's. I currently hit an e6 which I like a lot but as I told them I'm looking for more control around the greens. I was surprised that with a 112-115 mph swing they recommended the RX. I was getting more ball speed with the RX so we'll see. I'm will be using the the 2 pack this weekend to see what develops.

Went to the fitting and hit all 4 of the B330's. I currently hit an e6 which I like a lot but as I told them I'm looking for more control around the greens. I was surprised that with a 112-115 mph swing they recommended the RX. I was getting more ball speed with the RX so we'll see. I'm will be using the the 2 pack this weekend to see what develops.

With your swing speed, I'm surprised you were matched with the RX as well.

I would have paired you with the B330 or B330s if you really wanted more spin around the greens.

With your swing speed, I'm surprised you were matched with the RX as well.

I would have paired you with the B330 or B330s if you really wanted more spin around the greens.

I agree. I still have a slight hook at times and that may be why. The worse thing that can happen is I lose the 2 free balls and go back to the e6.

I agree. I still have a slight hook at times and that may be why. The worse thing that can happen is I lose the 2 free balls and go back to the e6.

The e6 is a wonderful ball and a great value.

I'm partial to the e5 myself, as I don't have too much trouble hooking/slicing the ball and prefer more spin around the greens.

As it is, my current gamers are the Z-Star, Penta TP (both for gambling rounds), and Gamer V2 (casual, non-gambling rounds).

I just did a ball fitting this morning. I wasn't too surprised that I ended up with the e6, but I learned that the e6 was longer and had less sidespin than the QStar for me. So, I guess the e6's are worth the extra $2/dozen to me. :D

I'm going to one of these tomorrow. I'm going to be selfish and hope that since it's on a thursday, they don't have too big of a crowd so I can monopolize their time. I'm kinda nervous about it because my driver swing is in the toilet again and I'm afraid they might just tell me there's no ball that would be right for that mess. They'll probably recommend that I use whatever's cheapest since I'm just going to lose them all anyway. I wonder if they will ever start doing it with irons as well?

I loved my Bridgestone fitting earlier in the spring, it was a private fitting and it was absolutely an amazing experience, the amount of technology and skill out into the fitting astonished me, I'm still an exclusive Bridgestone ball user because of this

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

So I went to my first live Bridgestone ball fitting yesterday at Gouverneur CC. Tom and Andrew were a couple of great guys that really knew their stuff. I think I worried them a little whan I asked what would happen if I accidentally hit their launch monitor, but they said it has happened before so it took the pressure off.:act-up:

The results weren't surprising, but it was nice to get a confirmation of what I was already thinking. My swing speed was right around 90mph and my carry distance was right around 200 yards, which were exactly what I thought they were. I was fitted for the E6 as the best ball for me. It didn't give me a lot of extra distance, only about 3 yards, but I was comparing it to a distance ball. The big difference was in side spin. The E6 had a lot less, which was to be expected.

Since I was already at the course I decided to play 9 holes with the E6 and see if I could notice a difference. I haven't used one in a while and I'd forgotten just how good they are at finding fairways. I was actually hitting them left because I must have been unconciously compensating for my usual slice or fade. The entire round I never went into the woods or a different fairway and that's very unusual for me. I did lose one, but that was only because there was a jungle hazard over a hill that I didn't know about until too late. There was another single behind me so I didn't bother looking for it.

So the E6 should be the right ball for me, now I just need to learn to love it. I think I've got a mental thing going where I don't really start liking a ball until I shoot a good round with it. I need to force myself to play some rounds with it until that happens. When I have a bad day I have to blame something, so the ball usually ends up taking the rap and the next round I'll try something different to break the curse.

Hard to go wrong with the 6 Kobey. It's the ball I always have the most of on hand. I think I have four boxes in my stash and always carry a couple sleeves with me.

I have used the E6 before,but I have not used the B330 line. They recommended me the E6 last year because I had terrible side spin. I am currently using Srixon Z Stars and like the spin on aproach shots I get. I slice or hook one now and then (did the same with the E6), but that is all my swing. The online fitting suggested the B330-S and the second was the B330.

Do all of the B330 series spin on approach shots the same? I like the Z star and want to try the bridgestone premium line.

I've played both the RX and RXS Blynn. They both spin for me with the right conditions and swing. Z-Star is pretty high on the spin for me though. Not sure I could say they surpass or equal it.

Back