4 wood guys - which brand do you prefer ?

I game the TEE XCG3 4 wood and love it. I took out the Cleveland FL13 and 17 that I had and just use this one now. Hit it farther than the 13* and land it softer than the 17*. No brainer for me. It's not going anywhere for a good long while.

I'm going to be dropping my 3 & 5 woods to make room for another club (there wasn't enough of a distance gap to justify carrying both anyways) - going with a 4w. I'm not a super long driver, so a good FW game for the second shot is important to me. My swing speed is 88-90 on the monitor.

From what I can find ... the readily available brands that make 4 woods today are Ping, Nike, Callaway, Titleist ... would love to know your preferences & even better, those to stay away from, thanks.

In no particular order (I own and have played the following extensively):

Tour Edge Exotics XCG5
Ping G15
Ping G20
Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy

The Cleveland FL 17* is the longest I have ever hit in that loft hands down.
The Cleveland Mashie is the best FW I have ever hit off the deck.
The Bridgestone J40 is an absolute beast of a 4 wood.
The Nike VR_S is a powerhouse for distance in the fw wood category.

G20 16.5* is amazing. I suggest hitting it.

Perfectly sums up my suggestions.

Cleveland FL and Wishon 949MC for me.

my dad plays an r9 tp 4 wood, but im looking at a used r11s 4 wood on the cheap on craigslist <:p

The Callaway RAZR X Black needs to be included on this list. Its one of the smoothest swinging clubs out there. Great off the FW and very straight.

Callaway Octane 4 wood is the best I have found.

I'll throw in another G20 16.5*. Love that club.

I have had a Callaway FT 4 wood for awhile and it always finds it's way back into my bag. Absolutely love it.

Now I am in search of a 13 degree 3 wood, for pretty much just off the tee. I am looking for something with a shallow wide face. Any suggestions?

I've tried many but nothing can outplay my Tour Edge Exotics XCG 16.5 degree 4-wood. Awesome off the deck and the tee. It's about 5 generations old but still the best for me.

The Callaway RAZR X Black needs to be included on this list. Its one of the smoothest swinging clubs out there. Great off the FW and very straight.

I have the Razr X Black 5W and it is one smooth customer off the deck.

Be sure to try out the Cleveland FL 17* 3 wood. It's incredibly easy to hit and goes a mile. In fact, my husband and I both hit it further than the 15* 3 wood because we got it up in the air and carried it further. It's one of my favorite clubs in the bag.
Took the words outa my mouth!

G20 16.5* is amazing. I suggest hitting it.

+1. I still have my G15 4W, which is just as good. Both are easy to hit off the deck.

Back