Putting W/ Glove On

I actually use to putt with a glove on a few years ago. I would put on a glove and wouldn't take it off until I finished the round. I guess I was just too lazy to take it off. Now, however, I take it off after every shot and also take it off when putting. I did this for a couple of reasons. I think I get a better feel of the putt without the glove on. The other reason is I had one tan hand and one extremely white hand. It looked terrible.

I take my glove off, mainly because I like to air out my hand, never really noticed if I can feel the putt any better but I'm not sure I can remember putting with my glove on so maybe I'll give it a try this week...

1. No
2. When you take your glove off you get a better feel.
3. Ya, you don't need extra grip when putting.

1. Do you wear your glove while putting?
Nope.
2. Since I assume most don't, why not?
I feel that putter with a glove dampens the feel and feedback and taking my glove off while putting gives it time to dry.
3. Do you actually feel a difference and believe it affects your putting?
I do. I believe that wearing a glove on feel shots (any shot with a wedge or putter) dampens the feel and feedback. Granted, some of feel is sound but there is also a certain aspect of vibration coming up through the clubhead and shaft and the glove dampens that vibration to a certain extent.
To me, not wanting to take your glove off to putt just because you think its a hassle is a very lazy thing.

Never.

It is the way I grew up playing. I am a very methodical player. I always go through my pre-swing rhythm's regardless of the situation. Taking off the glove is something I have always done on my putting as well as run shots from the fringe.

As far as score goes probably not. I definitely like the feel on my putts though. I could probably take my old starter set out of my garage and go shoot about the same score I do now. It is just a matter of preference. No glove while putting is something I have always done, and continue to do.

1. I do not wear my glove too putt.

2. I think it is just habit at this point but I also like to associate putting with a different swing/motion then all of the other shot in golf. The act of taking off the glove helps me prepare to putt.

3. All mental for me. I even remove the glove for some very close chip shots. Just personal preference.

1. Do you wear your glove while putting? Nope

2. Since I assume most don't, why not? I prefer to play without a glove anyways, so I will only use one when my hand feels like it could slip on the grip (usually when it gets really humid). Favorite parts of the year are spring and fall when the weather is in the 60's and 70's, never have to wear a glove.

3. Do you actually feel a difference and believe it affects your putting? Not at all. Putting with or without a glove is all the same to me.

i have never understood the glove concept honestly. FWIW why one glove? why not two? have you ever seen someone in baseball use just one batting glove?

personally i dont like wearing a glove. the best way i can describe it is feel..for the same reason why you touch the fishing line with your finger so you can feel everything going on.

Errrr...I've seen lots of ballplayers only with one batting glove on the lead hand. Don't they still sell batting gloves as singles not pairs???

What a hacker THIS guy was/is! hehehe

blog_putting_nicklaus_0728-thumb-300x388-398421.jpg

hahah, I know, I know. It's just something I've always had stuck in my head...when I was young my friends and I always ripped on it. I guess I just never got over it mentally.

Not only do I remove my glove when I putt, I take it off when I'm not playing a shot. For me, I think having hands with 2 different shades of color looks pretty silly.

This is a good point for those of us that play in a lot of sun. I end up with two different colored hands at the end of a mid day round if I leave it on all day. Looks weird.

This is a good point for those of us that play in a lot of sun. I end up with two different colored hands at the end of a mid day round if I leave it on all day. Looks weird.

I never lost my golf hand tan all winter!

I may need to take my glove off over the next few rounds and give it a try, see if there is a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes I wear mine sometimes I don't. I think the only reason I take it off is because that's the way they do it on t.v. lol.

Well, I wear mine just like this other hacker...

God picture, but there's plenty of times Palmer didn't wear a glove. Nicklaus did all the time. (Except for that one instance that someone will find a pic of him not wearing it! haha)

There are only 3 situations in which i ever take my glove off during a round.
1. I get a burger at the turn.
2. I spill beer on it and have to change it for a dry one.
3. It's windy and I spill recycled beer on it and have to change it for a dry one.

I nearly always wear my glove the whole round. I am extremely scatterbrained and if I take it off I'll either lose it or forget to put it back on. And I know from the times (like now) when my glove is worn out (disappointed, my Hirzl control glove was holding up so well all spring, then a few rounds ago the thumb just fell apart) that my left hand will slip on my club if I don't wear a glove. As for putting, I don't notice much of a difference besides the fact that with gloves on it feels like a slightly thicker grip (which I think I might add soon). I never notice any performance difference.

Those that take their glove off all the time, do you find it stretches out and has to be replaced faster? That's what I'm usually worried about. I like my glove to fit tight and I figure the less I'm tugging it on and off the longer it will stay that way.

I like that so many of you ladies are concerned with the tan lines on your hands. That's adorable.

Kevin

Hahaha by gosh that was funny.

--
Tapatalk2

Hahaha by gosh that was funny.

--
Tapatalk2

Thank you. I'll be here at the Oshkosh La Quinta for two more nights. Hopefully. Don't forget to tip the housekeeping people.

Kevin

Thank you. I'll be here at the Oshkosh La Quinta for two more nights. Hopefully. Don't forget to tip the housekeeping people.

Kevin

Mmm brightside breakfast.

--
Tapatalk2

Those that take their glove off all the time, do you find it stretches out and has to be replaced faster? That's what I'm usually worried about. I like my glove to fit tight and I figure the less I'm tugging it on and off the longer it will stay that way.

No, I haven't noticed any stretching.

I like that so many of you ladies are concerned with the tan lines on your hands. That's adorable.

Kevin

<snort> you crack me up Esox! I am a lady and the tan line thing has never entered my mind... And I sometimes wear 2 gloves :)

Yes I do.

I do, because I am too lazy to take it off, plus the extra feel given by taking it off is lost due to the different feeling I have in my hand due to it suddenly being exposed to the air.

No I don't think it affects my putting at all.

Back