Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

Some people will think that you are just saying the positives without the negatives. Honestly not sure the XFs have a negative. They are amazing

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The only negative I can see is cost, but that is relative to how well one swings them.

--
Tapatalk2

Some people will think that you are just saying the positives without the negatives. Honestly not sure the XFs have a negative. They are amazing

I am not a Callaway MC Staffer, and I have nothing negative to say about the Razr X F's. I could nitpick, but for me, it all boils down to "is it really the club?". Usually it is user error. They look good, they perform. Not sure what I could say bad about them.

I am not a Callaway MC Staffer, and I have nothing negative to say about the Razr X F's. I could nitpick, but for me, it all boils down to "is it really the club?". Usually it is user error. They look good, they perform. Not sure what I could say bad about them.

Yup. This is what I tell everyone who oogles my bag.

The only negative I can see is cost, but that is relative to how well one swings them.

--
Tapatalk2

I would agree. They are expensive. But dang the hybrids are sick too!

I would agree. They are expensive. But dang the hybrids are sick too!

Haven't tried those. None of the shops here have them for demo unless you want to swing it with that dumb plastic on the grip. If they're anything close to the razr hybos I believe you.

--
Tapatalk2

Haven't tried those. None of the shops here have them for demo unless you want to swing it with that dumb plastic on the grip. If they're anything close to the razr hybos I believe you.

--
Tapatalk2

I would bet they are....$$$ sticks!

I spent some time with my RAZR X Forged irons at the range yesterday in prep for The Morgan Cup. I have had one round with them, and this was my first range session. First thing I noticed with my first couple of shots in my round as well as my first couple of shots at the range is that I was catching them a little heavy. After a few shots it went away, I think it was just a quick little adjustment because they feel a little heavier to me than my previous irons. I love that they feel heavier though, because through my swing I feel like I can feel where the clubhead is throughout the whole swing and like I have more control over it. Other than those first few shots I am striking the ball great and I am getting a great ball flight. Distance is between my old Taylormade MB irons and the Callaway Diablo Forged. However, the distance is definitely more consistent than the Diablo's, and it is a lower ball flight so the wind doesn't affect the ball as much, which I absolutely love. I would say the ball flight is about the same as the MBs but just a little longer in distance. This is my first set of irons with the Project X shaft and I definitely feel like I went the right direction here. Its a beautiful day out today so I will probably getting out for another round this evening.

I would like to thank Callaway Golf again for being so amazing to us with everything they offered us for The Morgan Cup. This experience has given me some opportunities that I have never had before. I have always been an OTR guy, but through this experience I got to have my first club fitting at the Callaway Fitting Studio and it taught me so much about my game, and I have been lucky enough to have the chance to try some new shafts that I never would have had the chance to try if not for this experience.

Nice thoughts Bradd. Glad you got to get a fitting and you can now see firsthand how beneficial the process is. Your bag looks sweet!

Got to get my second range session in today with the Razr X Black's. Still haven't gotten out on course due to work but Thursday or Friday hopefully. Anyway back to today's session. The more I use these irons the more I realize how wrong I was to think that moving up to a tour iron would help my game. I am not beyond admitting when i'm wrong and I was completely wrong here. The RXB are the most forgiving iron I have ever played.

My ball flight has always been low with the X-22's but I am now seeing a higher more stable flight with RXB's.
My usually shot was a slight fade (short) or a big draw (long). I am now seeing a straighter more consistent flight which is leading to better grouping. When I get out on course i'm hoping this will lead to more GIR's and better scores.
I'm seeing more distance across all of my irons 5-PW, averaging 15-20 yards longer.

I spent some time on the edge of the putting green practicing my short chips with the PW. I found that I was having to chip at the hole due to the insane of spin from these irons. Never a bad complaint.

All in all these irons are bizznes. More info to come after my round later this week.

That's an amazing distance increase you are seeing, Kelly. Sounds like you found a real good fit in the RXB's.

The RXB's are a super good fit for me. Especially considering the only change I made to the stock setup was changing the grip to NDMC from the Cally stock grip. Ego made me go for the tour irons last year and ego got spanked today.....:D

Agreed G....the dispersion with these is really tight.

Seriously. They are pretty much idiot proof. Point and shot. Put a decent move on it and it is on the stick.

Definitely, I even have a little draw with these at times which is something I've never had before. They're also pretty forgiving as well.

They really are, I tried them like I've done with all the MC gear everyone else is playing just to get an idea of what everyone's playing and whatnot.

I hope nobody tunes out. I love positivity (sp) These are silly good irons and sharp looks to boot. High and straight every freaking time, you know boring golf, ha!

--
Tapatalk2

Well some will say they're too big, clunky, shovels, etc because they want to hit players type of irons but aside from co$t it's hard not to like these

Great update Kelly

Good the hear Bradd. I'm fascinated that everyone who has gone to a "players iron" is seeing more consistency across the board from their irons. That makes me partly wonder if more golfers would be better served by something a little more demanding? Of course I didn't word that quite right but for instance I'm coming from a GI iron that was designed to be long and high yet truthfully I'm not seeing many instances on the course where I miss them. Of course there is point where the returns begin to diminish but up to that point I think more people can play a GE iron than give themselves credit for, and yes I know that goes the opposite way as well.

Kelly, good stuff my Irish lad! I like your honesty about why you played the irons you had before, you found something that works well for you and play it well. Hope you get out to the course soon.

I wont lie I lust those Razr X Forged irons. Danny interesting thoughts and I wonder some of the same things you do when it comes to GE, SGI and players irons.

I wont lie I lust those Razr X Forged irons. Danny interesting thoughts and I wonder some of the same things you do when it comes to GE, SGI and players irons.

you should have kept them last year.

Live and learn Kmac, live and learn.

Everyone is different, but here is my experience.

I bought some (used) Diablo forged irons earlier this year. I absolutely loved the feel of those forged beauties, and the cavity back made them a game improvement club. I hit them fantastically on the range. When I play, however, my miss tends to be a hit off the toe. In that case, they were not as forgiving.

Now I have Razr X Black (also used from CPO, but they looked new). I like the appearance and feel of these clubs a lot, but I liked the Diablo Forged better. However, on toe hits, there is no question that the RXB irons give me a better result than the Diablo Forged.

Thanks for chiming in rd, it has been a long time since I've swung the Diablo forged but I'm not surprised you found them more forgiving out on the toe. Technology has came a long ways in that short of time so it makes sense.

--
Tapatalk2

Didn't get to hit these a ton today as the course we played on was pretty short. Bomb and gauge all day long. When I did call on them however, they answered big time. Hit the 6, 7, 8, 9 and PW and each was either at the stick or to a safe area on the green. The MB's just scream "attack the pin"!!!

I bought a set of RAZR X irons in April, +1", 2 degrees upright, with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts. I didn't get fit for them, but used the same specs from the X-14s I used to play (I had a pro fit me for those back in '99). That probably was a mistake, but so far so good.

I absolutely love these clubs. Of course, I loved the X-14s as well and didn't have a complaint about them. But the RAZR X irons just seem much more forgiving. I've played about 8 rounds with them and I can't count the number of times I put a bad swing on the ball, uttered some imprecation, only to have the ball land on or near the green.

These clubs are much better out of the rough than the X-14s. That heavy sole just seems to smash through the grass and get the ball airborne more easily. Finally, the 3 iron has become a semi-dependable club again. I don't feel the same insecurity about it the way I did when I hit the X-14s, feeling like I had to swing the club just so if I wanted an even half-decent result.

The appearance of the club isn't exactly classic, but if I wanted to trade looks for a sweet spot the size of a pea, I'd get a set of Hogan Apex irons. The RAZR X irons are tools to get a job done and done well.

I shot a 91 and a 90 this past week, which were two of better rounds over the past few years.

All in all, I am absolutely delighted with these clubs.

Spent time with the 8i only during my lesson last night....to say that I'm excited about these irons is an understatement. The ball jumps off the face unlike any iron I've hit before. The weighting is good and I can really feel it bottoming out in my swing. The forgiveness is great and I don't see much distance loss on mis-hits. The two-tone clubface really frames the ball up nicely for me which really helps my alignment too.

Spent time with the 8i only during my lesson last night....to say that I'm excited about these irons is an understatement. The ball jumps off the face unlike any iron I've hit before. The weighting is good and I can really feel it bottoming out in my swing. The forgiveness is great and I don't see much distance loss on mis-hits. The two-tone clubface really frames the ball up nicely for me which really helps my alignment too.

nice Hanks! Cannot wait to see you and Chunky repping these at Myrtle.

they're mean sticks dude. Nothing 'sexy' about them....just stealthy and mean looking. almost like you're punching the ball in the face and saying 'i'm sorry' kind of mean.

nice Hanks! Cannot wait to see you and Chunky repping these at Myrtle.

Back