Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, they had another one, but I didnt get a close look. I think it was this one;
bridgestone-stand-bag.jpg

I was thinking of adding that one post MC. You know your's will look great with those DPC's and J40 Wedges

I don't know why I keep getting confused by this because it seems so simple but my brain is having a hard time processing it for some reason.

If I'm looking at a shaft on the bay that measures 43" tip to tip (end of grip to end of R11 adapter) how long will it play with a R9/R11 head on it? Or is 43" the length it plays? I was fit for a 44.75" driver and I guess I'm confused whether that's just the length of the shaft itself or the length of shaft + head.

This seems really dumb to me but I don't know why I can't wrap my brain around it.

From what I remember a 43" should play close to 44.5-45 ish" the club head adds a little bit

Last edited:
43" will NOT be the length of the driver after you put it in. I don't remember what the clubhead adds, but if you've already got the R9 460, unscrew the shaft out of there and measure it. I believe that the added length from the head is the same for the R9 and R11s (1.5" is what I am thinking for some reason, but that may be entirely wrong).

Ok gotcha. I don't have it with me (at work right now) but I'll see if I can check when I get home. I'd heard 1" and 1.5" and all kinds of other things, but was just curious.

Ok gotcha. I don't have it with me (at work right now) but I'll see if I can check when I get home. I'd heard 1" and 1.5" and all kinds of other things, but was just curious.

I think the 1.5" additional I'm thinking about may be for a shaft before you put the TM adapter on it. Then the adapter adds some length, and the clubhead adds a touch. A 43" shaft grip to end of adapter sounds like it may be a 3 wood shaft.

I think the 1.5" additional I'm thinking about may be for a shaft before you put the TM adapter on it. Then the adapter adds some length, and the clubhead adds a touch. A 43" shaft grip to end of adapter sounds like it may be a 3 wood shaft.

Thats what Kmac I think had told me before previously also. I think 43" is a little short for driver, it must be a 3 wood shaft. Thanks for the help AD.

I dunno exactly either but I think 43" will play around 45" or 45.5" and it might all be different according to what head is on the shaft too.

Edit: I just read something that says to play at 45" you need a raw shaft length of 43.5"

I dunno exactly either but I think 43" will play around 45" or 45.5" and it might all be different according to what head is on the shaft too.

Edit: I just read something that says to play at 45" you need a raw shaft length of 43.5"

Ok. The adapter adds like 1" or so right?

I don't know why, but I'm thinking Razr Fit 11.5 with Kusala Black combo right now.

I don't know why, but I'm thinking Razr Fit 11.5 with Kusala Black combo right now.

I'm thinking youre onto something Dean. Since you have one sitting at home, you could go stock first.

I'm thinking youre onto something Dean. Since you have one sitting at home, you could go stock first.

lol I could. Though I could swap that Razr Fit head out and throw the AMP head on it too. Man I just don't know. Of course if this J40 continues to come alive for me I won't ponder either.

lol I could. Though I could swap that Razr Fit head out and throw the AMP head on it too. Man I just don't know. Of course if this J40 continues to come alive for me I won't ponder either.

I know what youre saying with the J40. I just like the idea of a Julius Peppers driver. HAHA. I have never a hit driver more consistently than I'm hitting the J40 right now.

then you should not be tempting yourself with any other driver ponderings then kimosabe

I know what youre saying with the J40. I just like the idea of a Julius Peppers driver. HAHA. I have never a hit driver more consistently than I'm hitting the J40 right now.

I like that ponder...the 10.5/Blue combo has been down right magical so far.

Ok. The adapter adds like 1" or so right?

Kmac's edit makes sense to me. Shaft without an adapter (i.e. raw) at 43.5" + Adapter + Head = 45.0"

The Adapter and Head together add 1.5" (probably close to 1" for adapter and 0.5" for head).

Kmac's edit makes sense to me. Shaft without an adapter (i.e. raw) at 43.5" + Adapter + Head = 45.0"

The Adapter and Head together add 1.5" (probably close to 1" for adapter and 0.5" for head).

Thank you sir. What I was looking for. I was fitted for 44.75" but realistically I'll probably just make it easy and go for a 45" and choke down a tiny bit. So I'm looking for a raw shaft at 43.5" or one with an adapter at like 44.5". Perfecto.

Bag ponder over.

Wedge ponder over.

time to update the other thread....
Already have.
Bridgestone for both?
Yes sir. Havent used a carry bag in a while, but really have been wanting something lighter than the huge cart bag ive been using for a while, especially for trips to the range.

Just put an ebay bid on a 12* Classic. If I win a Kusala blue will be ordered and a 10.5* Classic will be for sale.

Just put an ebay bid on a 12* Classic. If I win a Kusala blue will be ordered and a 10.5* Classic will be for sale.

Good luck with your bidding, did JB get you going to a him lofted driver too haha.

Good luck with your bidding, did JB get you going to a him lofted driver too haha.

I hit his at this years demo day/outing and it freaking rocked. I already have the 10.5 Classic but my launch angle went up to what I needed when hitting JB's. Just a perfect combo for my swing.

Tough time choosing between Metal X #8 and #6. Like em both and the PING putting app suggests something for me with max toe hang. #9 is out of the equation as it just seems hard for me to line up with the odd shape.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back