Alberta Get Together?

A lot of great courses up here you should google some of the ones Tedfroop is about to play he listed them off on the first page

I think Claresholm is the way to go. Nanton is a quality course the back 9 is nice and the greens are slow it's also short enjoyable and nice. Speargrass I have never enjoyed it played it twice no desire to play again. Let's do this boys
Claresholm sounds good to me. It's closer and cheaper for me with my reciprocal card

What time are you guys thinking? I know their online booking system only allows for 5 days in advance (I have an account since they use the same system as Henderson Lake here in Lethbridge) so I can book it. Not sure about how far out they allow for call ins but I can check.

And walking is good for me as well. I always walk to save money so I'm used to it

I'm good with anytime but perfer before noon

I'm an early riser and it looks like about a two hour drive how about tenish if froop is good with that

How is Canadian golf? I bet the season is a lottttttt shorter than it is in Texas! haha

Get this stat: More Canadians play golf than play hockey. In a country where 6 million of 23 million people golf there were about 70 million rounds of golf played in 2008 and it directly or indirectly employs nearly 342,000. That and we have other things to do here.

No problem, we are likely going to stay in High River Wednesday night, and I usually start work at 6:30 AM so I will be up early too. I am really looking forward to this, and my vacation. There will be some work though. I am thinking of posting reviews for all the places I'm going, all 7 of them.

Last edited:
Get this stat: More Canadians play golf than play hockey

I'm not surprised despite all the beer leagues hockey is mainly kids. Golf is more open to all demographics. My wife can't skate but she can swing a club were a house hold of two golfers and only one of us plays hockey

I'm not surprised despite all the beer leagues hockey is mainly kids. Golf is more open to all demographics. My wife can't skate but she can swing a club were a house hold of two golfers and only one of us plays hockey

Plus hockey is one of the few sports that can compete with golf for equipment costs :alien:

Plus hockey is one of the few sports that can compete with golf for equipment costs :alien:

Thats the truth. Still gotta get some Graff's

So around 10 sounds good to you

Thats the truth. Still gotta get some Graff's

So around 10 sounds good to you
Yeah 10 works for me. I'll probably try to get there around 9:15-9:30 and warm up a bit

I'll call over the next couple of days to see when tee times can be booked not using the online system or if 5 days is the most advance time you can get.

So 4 players at Claresholm on Thursday July 26th ~10 am

No, three and one tag along. The Mrs. likes coming along but she doesn't golf. (but she loves to get out with me.)

What about D'arcy ranch. I would even be willing to go to the Bridges at Claresholm.

Darcy ranch is über awesome right now. Wow it's in gr8 shape, and I am playin sat. Ifi was not in radium I would be all over an ab get together. Innisfail is a rad course in the middle.

Speargrass is also in gr8 shape and a fun course. The last three can make or break ya. They have a 40 buck special after 3 or 4. All,in. I just stumbled on to this post. Hmmm. I like golf

I played like such crap tonight that I would just be a downer. Sorry, I'm out.

I played like such crap tonight that I would just be a downer. Sorry, I'm out.
We still have room for a fourth. I dont think anyone cares about someone else's score just having a good time with some new people. I could drive us both down.

Renren Book the time for the amount of people golfing and inform them that we're going to have a non player with us shouldn't be a problem if nothing else tell them she's our photographer cause were kinda a big deal :alien2:

tell them she's our photographer cause were kinda a big deal :alien2:

She is too. She will be taking pictures at all the places we go so I can do some reviews when I get home.

and yes, I don't think any of us care how good or bad you play, come out and have some fun.

not too far away now
still have a spot for at least 1 more

Can't wait for this. RatFink you in?

You boys ready for this. How windy is Claresholm is Lethbridge windy?

You boys ready for this. How windy is Claresholm is Lethbridge windy?

Saying Lethbridge is windy is like saying that Alberta is flat and cold.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

You went to far east you should stop at canmore. You better get your focus for the MC you have the pride of a nation on your shoulders go kick some A$$

You went to far east you should stop at canmore. You better get your focus for the MC you have the pride of a nation on your shoulders go kick some A$$

Oh I'm focused. You guys have fun out there, I love playing with fellow thp'ers.

Hey we have some days where there's like no wind

once a month or so maybe

Back