Bucket Hats

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Highest skin cancer rate in the world down here.
Always wore a baseball cap but now have a few Panama type hats and my Tilley AirFlo. It has a 3' brim front and back and a 2 1/2' brim on the sides, folds up wrinkle free, is waterproof and stays on in our high winds. Great hats!

Tilly is top notch, I use them when fishing, hiking etc... should look into it while golfing too.

I wear a bucket every time I play golf. And I have some wider brims for yard work.

Do a search on ebay for 'bucket hat'. There are plenty of options out there.

Fashion: If your in vogue , The hat's in Vogue.

If you wear the bucket with Pride, Your both in Vogue.

Protection: No Brainer

I love Bucket hats. Everyone wears the Average Baseball/Golf Caps. Buckets are unique and ad flair in my opinion.

I am a visor guy my self but in the extreme heat that we have been having. I did switch to a bucket/sun shade hat. My wife says it looks good so......there you go!

What brands do you all wear? I was doing some research and went into Golfsmith and Edwin Watts and saw a few bucket hats that I liked. I really liked the Tilley bucket hat, but the price threw me for a loop.

I am bald and love the bucket as it keeps me from getting stark tan lines that I normally get from a baseball-style cap.

I recently found an Under Armor bucket hat at Dick's that is the best one I've ever owned. It's awesome.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

I've got a pair of Tilleys (an original model T3 in cotton, and a LTM5 Airflo in nylon) that I wear often. I also have a small collection of boonie hats that don't really go well on the golf course, but are always on my head when I'm outside around the house. I started getting cut on by the dermatologist around age 35, and I'm trying to keep future adventures with the melon baller and soldering iron to a minimum.

I'm looking at the Tilley hats, but they are super expensive. Any other bucket hats that people are having success with?

The Golf Warehouse offers several different models. I have a couple of the Titleist Buckets in different colors and I like them. I also have a couple Cleveland Buckets from last year. The Cleveland Buckets have smaller brims which I really dig.

Tourstop.com offers some nice buckets from Ahead for $20. The Titleist went for $25 and the Cleveland went for $20.

I've got one from Adams and Dorfman Pacific.

I think they are sale at Global Golf for $10?

I really wish a golf company would come out with a nice one, Taylormade used to have a decent safari style hat, but I can't find it anymore.

I picked up a zebra striped one at Walmart :)

Of course I never remember its in the bag...

I generally wear caps, like this http://golfshop-online.net/4601-239480-thickbox/taylormade-flush-golf-cap.jpg

Can't see myself with anything else, i believe the visor helps me focus by limiting line of sight while i'm standing over the ball.

As for bucket hats... welp. I suppose there is no rule against them?
If i was to make one up, i'd say a golf hat is to have at least 1 hard component. So it's not just a floppy, dangling, wrinkled thing you found on your way out the door when you went fishing.

Personally i'd mentally feel that it would screw up my swing. My Pops wears one but he's bald so its well needed!

Personally i'd mentally feel that it would screw up my swing. My Pops wears one but he's bald so its well needed!
I don't see how or why it would screw up a swing. Do explain.

Like I said just a mental thing for me.

$40.00.....for a hat. BOOM!
$40 is nothing compared to the Tilley's... $75 for a Tilley hat. I used a 15% off at golfsmith and paid a little less, but still expensive nonetheless. Lifetime warranty, even if you lose it ain't bad.

$40 is nothing compared to the Tilley's... $75 for a Tilley hat. I used a 15% off at golfsmith and paid a little less, but still expensive nonetheless. Lifetime warranty, even if you lose it ain't bad.

That's a heck of a warranty.

Looking at their hats on their website... Now I want one and think I'll have to buy one haha... My wallet does not thank you Runpuddrun!

Looking at their hats on their website... Now I want one and think I'll have to buy one haha... My wallet does not thank you Runpuddrun!

Your face will thank you! I finally bought a Tilly after looking for a couple of years. Best hat I have ever owned!

hackin

Yes, I broke down and bought one... LTM4 Airflo. Super nice, I bought it at Golfsmith and used a 15%off coupon...

Back